New to Everything

CoyoteBree

I always knew monogamy sounded like a bad deal for me. I grew up and just told myself that I wasn’t a “relationship kind of person” because I could imagine living everyday with limited options, meeting people and knowing there would always be limits to our interactions. I will be 21 next month, and I’m relieved to know I found out about Polyamory at this age instead of later. I’m excited to live openly and freely, and potentially meet people who don’t think I’m greedy or a liar.

I grew up in AR, but moved to WA, and probably won’t stay here either considering the cost of living without a roommate. It’s very scary, out of a long term relationship, dropped out of college, but at the same time I feel an overwhelming sense of potential. I want to go new places and meet new people (within the confines of COVID restrictions of course), and see what life has to offer when I’m not always afraid that I’m somehow broken inside. I hope that maybe this can be a community for me. Thank you for reading.

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Greetings CoyoteBree,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Poly definitely exists and is a thing, and you are not broken, crazy, greedy, or dishonest just because you want poly. It is indeed fortuitous that you heard about poly at a young age; now you have many years ahead of you in which to explore poly. As part of that process, I encourage you to do lots of reading and posting on the threads and boards here ... strike up some friendships and learn as much as you can about poly. Enter poly one small step at a time, while you are learning about it, and getting advice. I'm really glad you could join this forum, and hope you will enjoy your stay. Good luck!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

TXretired

Welcome. This is a great group that is willing to share experiences. Jump in and participate. Poly takes work, but the experience is awesome.