Oldie but Newbie

imp

Hi All,
I am a cisbifemale married for almost 18 years to a cisheteromail and we have been poly the entire time (my wife from a triad I was part of introduced me to my current hubby). We live in regional NSW (upper Blue Mountains - Bathhurst area) in the heart of Nationals territory so not a whole lot of openly out folk around us. I am a well preserved and very young 56 and generally find folks my "own age" dificult. I prefer the company of millenials and misfits of all ages.

We were, until recently, empty nesters. But my Hubby's new partner is a single mum - so he is now a part time dad again and I get to be the fun Auntie. I am over-educated, underfinanced and very busy. We own a shop on main street, I am studying a Masters of Science and I am also starting a law practice. But I would have room for a karaoke buddy or someone to motivate me back onto my bicycle.

We moved her just before covid which - as an Autistic - I frankly miss. We are only now getting to know our community. Now that the Mr is back to his normal social butterfly self, I'd like to cultivate a few more social connections, mostly for companionship though I am always open to explore how the relationship organically evolves. I like to sing, am a traditional long-bow archer, need to get out and be physical more and am always keen to meet new dogs/cats and their humans. I am also an avid DIYer trying to rebuild a 1903 tiny house on a zero budget, so anyone with a power tool fetish and a creative mind would be an asset to my life!

Greetings imp,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

There is a Bathhurst in Australia, as well as one in Canada. I am guessing you are in Australia? Let me know.

It sounds like you are an intelligent person with a wide range of interests. I hope Polyamory.com gives you many opportunities for stimulating conversation. You have been poly for quite a while, so I imagine you can be of help to many beginners. If you have any questions just let us know!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back