Other sites like this one?

Hello everyone. I really like the discussion available on this site as well as the poly subs on Reddit. I recently learned about a new site going up at www.poly.fm as well.

So are there other sites out there that you guys frequent that are good for more of the types of discussions that take place here? I don't mean to take any attention away from this site at all. I'm just someone who loves to get a well rounded sense of multiple sources. I didn't really see anything in the site guidelines that would make this topic a problem. But if it is, I apologize and feel free to take it down.

I find the poly forums on Fetlife to be extremely helpful. Especially if you want a sex positive, egalitarian relationship style.

Poly.fm was in development for a couple years and supposedly came out of beta stage a while back, but I don't think it ever really took off. There is a thread about it here if you do a search. The people who started it came here to ask our members what we would want to see happen over there. That was a fairly long time ago.

Aside from here, there are often really great, thought-provoking discussions on the forum at polymatchmaker.com (free). The posts are just not as frequent as here.

Last edited:
Poly.fm was in development for a couple years and supposedly came out of beta stage a while back, but I don't think it ever really took off. ...... That was a fairly long time ago.

I caught a post from the site owner a week ago on reddit saying that he's relaunching it and has learned more about site administration. It seems to be starting up again. Thanks for the other information, I'll look into it. :)

I have to say f etlife does have some really good forms, also.

I find Fetlife impossible to navigate and find people in my area with the same interest. And it does bother me that polyamory is a category at a fetish site, because I don't think of poly as a fetish at all. I doubt there are any people I'd connect with there, because I am sure most of them would be poly AND kinky (as in viewing kink as a predominant part of their identity), and I just can't relate to that.

The poly groups on Yahoo groups are good especially for subsections of the poly world (polymono, polyfidelity, expansive loving, and there's one for poly people in relationship with monos called livingpolymono)

The poly groups on Yahoo groups are good especially for subsections of the poly world (polymono, polyfidelity, expansive loving, and there's one for poly people in relationship with monos called livingpolymono)

FYI, livingpolymono and polymono are sister lists, in that livingpolymono is more for support for the poly partner in a mono/poly relationship and polymono is for support for the mono partner. The latter may not be your cup of tea if you're looking for a more poly-friendly POV, as there can be a lot of pain, confusion, and "how do I get through this?" in some of those posts.

We're on Polyamorous Percolations http://www.polyamoryonline.org/smf/ as well as this forum, on Libchrist's Delphi Forums to a lesser degree, 4thefamily.us, and Biblicalfamilies.org
Hugs

I caught a post from the site owner a week ago on reddit saying that he's relaunching it and has learned more about site administration. It seems to be starting up again. Thanks for the other information, I'll look into it. :)

Thanks Shpace :)

poly.fm has been totally rebuilt by myself personally, as I've spent the past year learning how to build sites (instead of depending on someone else). It's very much in development but if anyone checks it out and has any feedback, feel free to contact me here or there. I'm trying my best to make it a simple, pleasant version of fetlife for poly. Will post updates on this forum as soon as the major work is done :)

Back