Planning pregnancy - changes

Norwegianpoly

I plan having a child with my husband, who I have the longest relationship with. Boyfriend dont want a child with me now, but is positive towards this pregnancy. We are currently fluent bonded and I use hormonal birth control.

I wondered about others in this situation:
- How did the other partner feel about having to use condoms again?
- How did the other partner feel about the woman becoming pregnant?

ps I know this might change the dynamics of the relationships after the child is born, I hope we will take good measures about that, but right now I was just wondering about the time from stopping birth control until the baby is born.

Hi NorwegianPoly,

It seems to me that if using condoms with your boyfriend is the only kind of birth control available given your plans to get pregnant by your husband, then condoms are what you use. Unless your boyfriend would rather not have sex at all, not likely but I mention it as the one other option.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Boy was totally fine with using condoms. He was incredibly supportive during my pregnancy, and he dotes on little girl now. Things changed - he's more committed to family style events, we stay in more, etc, but it's been wonderful.

If you'd rather not use condoms to preserve the intimacy and sexual sensations of sex without them, you could also look into diaphrams (way better than they used to be!), FemCap w/spermicide, and female condoms.

If you'd rather not use condoms to preserve the intimacy and sexual sensations of sex without them, you could also look into diaphrams (way better than they used to be!), FemCap w/spermicide, and female condoms.
Hi, I did not think of that! FemCaps and female condoms are unavailable in my country, but diaphrams should be. I will have a word with my doctor :)

Hi NorwegianPoly,

It seems to me that if using condoms with your boyfriend is the only kind of birth control available given your plans to get pregnant by your husband, then condoms are what you use. Unless your boyfriend would rather not have sex at all, not likely but I mention it as the one other option.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.
Hi,

my boyfriend did not complain at all, it is just me trying to be ahead of things (especialy since he would probably not complain even if he felt like it). Knowing I have diaphram as an option, as suggested elsewhere in this thread (since we dont have to worry about std's) widens our options a little :)

I love my diaphragm! I definitely recommend getting one!

Back