Poly for all of 2 weeks.

MrWhiteRabbit

Greeting and Salutations!
I took a trip down the rabbit hole and came out poly :p

Okay. So the real deal is that I've been curious about it for several years now, recently realized why it could and would work for me, and then started dating my first poly girlfriend.

Apparently my existing relationship philosophies were already naturally poly compatible - as was explained to my by the new GF.
She has been wonderful helping me understand the culture and even seemed pretty excited at the idea of playing wing-woman for me in regards to a friend of hers whom I showed interest in: which still makes me laugh, as someone who is not use to that sort of situation.

Greeting and Salutations!
I took a trip down the rabbit hole and came out poly :p

Okay. So the real deal is that I've been curious about it for several years now, recently realized why it could and would work for me, and then started dating my first poly girlfriend.

Apparently my existing relationship philosophies were already naturally poly compatible - as was explained to my by the new GF.
She has been wonderful helping me understand the culture and even seemed pretty excited at the idea of playing wing-woman for me in regards to a friend of hers whom I showed interest in: which still makes me laugh, as someone who is not use to that sort of situation.

Welcome to the forum. It does help to have an experienced guide, doesn't it? I had a similar experience with my first poly gf after my wife and I opened up.

Welcome!

I'm also very new to poly; my marriage has been officially open for about a month now. It's been a pretty thrilling ride so far. Nice to see someone else who is in a similar situation. This has been a good forum for me to learn and share my own experiences, so hopefully you'll enjoy it too.

Thank you both!

Huh. I wonder how often people join the poly community from within a marriage vs joining while still single.

I can certainly see how it's much easier to discover your poly inclinations or desires while in a marriage.

Greetings MrWhiteRabbit,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I am thinking that most of our new participating members are already in a relationship, but that's a very rough estimate. In any case, I am glad you've had a positive experience with poly so far, and hope that will continue for you.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Huh. I wonder how often people join the poly community from within a marriage vs joining while still single.
I am married now but chose polyamory originally while single. Of the statistics I have no idea - but it seems like people opening up an existing relationship are the majority of newbies on this forum.

I can certainly see how it's much easier to discover your poly inclinations or desires while in a marriage.
A monogamous marriage is the norm, and most people live according to it. So, it often happens that a person is already married when they realize that polyamory is an option. However, I personally have been very grateful of not needing to open up a relationship - it seems to be either difficult or very difficult.

Back