Professor Marston and the Wonder Woman

Ravenscroft

Banned
I'm very glad this story came to light -- well, actually, it wasn't exactly some deep-buried secret -- but this early review of the trailer has me worried, considering the headline.

New Trailer Reveals Polyamorous, S&M Relationship That Inspired ‘Wonder Woman’
Eventually, the three form a polyamorous relationship slash “free-love experiment,” complete with bondage, babies, “sex cults” and hangout sessions with Margaret Sanger.
(FWIW, the trailer is embedded in the article.)

I think the article link is here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...-the-wonder-woman_us_596e574ee4b0a03aba85727d

From watching the trailer, my hunch is that the movie will overall help polyamory gain acceptance. Sort of a 50 Shades version of polyamory, and we know how popular 50 Shades was -- even though it didn't portray healthy BDSM. Sometimes society has to be exposed to a sensationalist version of something before society will be ready for the plain version of it.

I am beside myself with excitement about this movie! :D

Thanks for putting up that link. :eek: HuffPo often locks up my laptop, & I got distracted.

The only complaint that I have about the subjects? Much as Henry & June, the focus is FMF, which will give the impression that this is polyamory.

While closed FMF is likely the most sought-after form (& thus most marketable), there'll be a clear uptick in Couples Looking, & soon enough there'll be a wave of "Why Polyamory Is A Failure" articles in the media.

I mean, swinging has been around for centuries, middle-class swing clubs since at least the 1950s, a couple dozen movies have been made about the phenomenon, it's been at least mentioned in passing on a couple dozen TV series... but where is the recurring character? Where is the mature, calm discussion? How many positive role-model swingers can anyone name?

I figure that parallel is much more apt than homosexuality.

Back