Reunions

For the first time in almost 20 years, the very first band I was in are reuniting to play a benefit show for one of our former band mates who was recently diagnosed with cancer. It has given me time to not only reflect on our fun times together, but also realize that time is short and we should be thankful for all that we have.

When I left that band in 1991, it was sad, but it ended up working out for me musically, professionally and personally. Even though none of the bands I've played in were as famous as say Iron Maiden, but it was still some amazing times and memories that will last forever.

Anyway, this reunion was something I've never thought would happen. I haven't played these songs since I left that band, even though the succeeding bands I've been in wanted to cover those songs. I just was not up for it.

With the few rehearsals we have done, it has felt good playing these songs again. It's also weird seeing those guys without their long hair, lol. But we are having an amazing time talking about the old days, having a few drinks, etc. Even though they got out of the band game, they still listen to heavy metal and followed my career even though we kind of lost touch for a long time. It was my sister they contacted to get my phone number and email. I don't use social media as I find it pointless.

Life is too short and this 1 time reunion has made me realize that no matter what the circumstances are in life, sometimes reconnecting with those you haven't seen and talked to in a long time are still going to be around no matter how much your own life changes. Eventually everything comes full circle.

If you have your own reunion stories, I would like to hear them.

Well, i recently got reconnected with my ex-friend and ex-partner. We broke up, with fireworks, leaving ruins, ashes and much gritting of teeth. 14 years ago. And now we are, well, probably going to be back together.

It's weird, interesting and unusual experience.

I have started attending my family reunions (mother's side). I never thought I would do that, but now I've been doing it for a few years and have enjoyed it so far. They're all still faithful church members, whereas I'm now an atheist and had my name legally changed. So that kind of makes for a weird dynamic, but less weird than I expected I guess.

Well, i recently got reconnected with my ex-friend and ex-partner. We broke up, with fireworks, leaving ruins, ashes and much gritting of teeth. 14 years ago. And now we are, well, probably going to be back together.

It's weird, interesting and unusual experience.

I think a lot of that has to do with maturing after all of those years. It happens to all of us. I know I've matured in certain aspects of my life over the years, whether it happened 10 years ago or 30 years ago. I hope it all works out for you. :)

I have started attending my family reunions (mother's side). I never thought I would do that, but now I've been doing it for a few years and have enjoyed it so far. They're all still faithful church members, whereas I'm now an atheist and had my name legally changed. So that kind of makes for a weird dynamic, but less weird than I expected I guess.

That is awesome. I am glad to hear that. :)

I think a lot of that has to do with maturing after all of those years. It happens to all of us. I know I've matured in certain aspects of my life over the years, whether it happened 10 years ago or 30 years ago. I hope it all works out for you. :)
Thank you! So far so good :) And we are certainly more cautious, perhaps because of what you mentioned. So, yes, we certainly changed. Yet, we are still the same people in many important ways :)

Thank you! So far so good :) And we are certainly more cautious, perhaps because of what you mentioned. So, yes, we certainly changed. Yet, we are still the same people in many important ways :)

I hope it continues to work out. :)

Reuniting with these guys has been awesome. I have missed playing with them and as we have been rehearsing the songs, it is just like how it was when we formed in 1986. I wish he could play with us, for at least 1 or 2 songs but his doctors advised him not to. We do have a special treat for him though, which he doesn't know. We are going to play 2 of his all time favorite songs in "Killing Machine" by Judas Priest and "Give 'em Hell" by Witchfynde. :)

I thought everyone would like to know the reunion show went well. Everyone had fun and we raised money to help with his treatment not only from those in attendance, but also from various businesses, especially in the music community that contributed with money and various items to be auctioned off. His family, his wife's family, friends and fans were so grateful. I also want to thank my husband Chris and our wife Amanda for their help in running our booth with our merch and counting the donations at our booth. It was a great cause. The other bands that played before us were also very cool and took donations of their own and the club donated all money from ticket sales and those that payed at the door to cancer research.

I wanted to share the success of the event and it hope it will inspire others that with any kind of benefit, it will pay off in the end even though it may seem like a tough thing to pull off.

Thanks for that update -- glad everything went well -- it's inspiring that everyone was so generous and pitched in.

The heavy metal community always comes together, which is why I am so proud to be a part of the genre as a fan, musician and studio engineer. Every one is always willing to help out as much as they can. No matter if we agree or disagree about various topics related to bands, their albums and the songs, when it comes to someone needing a hand, we always step up and do something to try and help.

Back