running

Ohh maybe that who it is.

As long as its not me!!:)

*raising hand* I'm the pregnant one. Six months. I am hating all my bras (they're tight) but not yet ready to get the nursing bras as with my son, I grew an entire cup size the last month and a half. And the only thing I'm running after this summer is my son. Or maybe the ice cream truck if a craving hits. :D

And here we are, talking about boobs again. :p

Ohh see I knew someone was knocked up!!

Thats cause Boobs make the world go round. ;)

Boobs were so important not so long ago as a way of connecting and nurturing my child... they really are the givers of life... I for one am glad they aren't anymore, so that they might be the givers of pleasure.

I love dancing in my living room seventhcrow!!! I dance with my boy and we make up routines. i used to go out every weekend on my own to clubs downtown just to dance... the gay bar had the best music.... Mono came into my life and I haven't had time since. We have all been out a few times... including other intimate friends. Nothing like it, but I especially like losing myself to dancing and music when I'm alone.

*sigh* must get back to that.... and painting! Haven't done that in awhile either. Now that my relationship life has settled in, it will come I know.

I will be happy once my boobs are again mine. Well, my husband's as he claims it was in the vows and he'd get them in the divorce. hehe

Redpepper you paint? I used to do oils and acrylic before my son. Haven't had any time since but for the few days I've let him work on a canvas with me. I sculpt too. Again, the boy is into everything so doing for myself is a rare pleasure. But at least he's picked up creativity and imagination. And this should have probably been a new thread?

I use to pain and sculpt also.. Kids put a stop to that. Nothing More fun then getting down and dirty with Paints and Clay.

Any runners amongst us? Anyone know the advantages of running at a gym or outside? Anyone know a good bra or shoes for that matter? Anyone have any stories of training they would like to share?

I prefer New Balance shoes only because I am able to find a suitable width. Most of the top line shoes are fine. You can really get lost in all of the data; suppination, pronation, high arch, etc., but it is important if you are set on doing some high distance mileage. There is good information on the Runner's World web site that will help you make the right selection. I do need arch support, motion control and a wide width. As far as running in the gym, or on a treadmill for that matter, as opposed to running outside, it's all a matter of what pleases your psyche. I can't imagine anything better than running to the ocean. Where I live we have the Gulf of Mexico and I love to run the beach, smell the air, watch the seagulls and listen to the waves. I was running some pretty high mileage about fifteen years ago and then laid off for a long period. When I returned to running I did not respect the fact that I was really a beginning runner all over again. I was thinking, interval training, and a method for increasing speed and endurance called fartlek, (Swedish for "speed play") and I burned out quick. An excellent book for returning runners as well as for first timers is "Beginning Running". It is helpful in laying out a program that will prevent you from injuring yourself by running to much to fast. I'm guilty of that. Congratulations on returning to the "solitary" sport. It's as good if not better than meditation. As far as the bra.....well I don't have any good sports insight for that one.

Barry

Yesterday, Kevin (partner) and I had a vigorous hike on a steep trail at about 9,000 feet elevation -- in the mountains above Santa Fe. Often, I have wanted to avoid the steep hikes and the very high elevation hikes, but that hike really did me some good, 'cause it was challenging and quite a cardio-vascular workout. Whew!

I haven't been running in months, and truly haven't gotten back into a routine in years, but I'm going out for a run now. It's a cool, overcast day, a little drizzly now and then, and perfect for a run.

I've cut down (most days) to just one cigarette a day, in the evening. I'm still addicted, of course. But if i work my lungs like this much and get in shape, even the one smoke a day will be too much. I'll also have to cut back on alcohol ... and get back into the sitting meditation routine. Maybe I'll even stop feeling sorry for myself!

"The wind in my heart
The wind in my heart
The dust in my head
The dust in my head ... "

~ Talking Heads

Back