So I'm Not the Only One?

Parker

My name is Parker and I currently live in an impossible mono relationship that I simply cannot maintain. I'm almost 32, and living in central New York currently, although I am anxious to move back down to Florida my home state. I've only ever met 1 other person who has as much love to give as me, unfortunately she is in a relationship similar to mine. Anyways, just reaching out to see how many other people are like me in this aspect.

Greetings Parker,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

You're definitely not the only one who is inclined towards poly. Have a look around here, you will find others. I'm sorry to hear that you are in an impossible situation right now, I am sympathetic. The one other person you have met, is she willing to break away from her current relationship to be with you? Are you wanting to break away from your current relationship?

I hope Polyamory.com will be helpful for you.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Hi Parker - and welcome to the Forum! We have lots of experienced poly folks here who are generally friendly and helpful. Please feel free to post any specific thoughts and questions that you have to the Poly Relationships Corner and the General Poly Discussion sections - you are certain to get some good responses. Best of luck as your journey! Al

Hey Parker!
I for one completely agree with your feelings. I desperately tried to stay in a committed monogamous relationship, but I kept cheating and finding myself wanting to be with other men several times over the course of a few years. My husband and I finally had the conversation, and he admitted he wanted to see me with other men. That's when I agreed to marry him actually lol. Go figure, right?
I've always felt in my heart that I have much too much love to give for just one person, and when someone stands in my way of getting what I want, I tend to selfishly retract into my own space. It's like I become my opposite, and all the kindness in my heart turns to anger and frustration. Don't deny yourself the pleasures in life, especially if it's hindering your growth as a person.
I hope you made it back to Florida safely and in one piece! Maybe by now you've gotten to open your relationship up, and explore more of the world you want.

Back