Thanks!

Eyegor

Hello all,

Let me start by saying what a fabulous resource this site is with such gentle but useful answers to so many complex questions.

I'm 51 and have been in some form of open relationship for 15 years. I split my time between Santa Fe, NM and Austin, TX. I married my nesting partner about 10 years ago: she is monogamous, and our openness was just supposed to be about sex. Then, about 5 years ago, two of the people I needed most fell into my life:
  • Firstly, my now girlfriend was able to show me the joy of exploring the intimacies and love in a poly framework. She first introduced me to the concept of compersion which really resonated with me, and her relationship with her husband is something I admire and try to emulate.
  • Secondly, a poly-friendly marriage counselor helped me figure out how to become this person I wanted to be, all while navigating the jumble of dysfunctions and razor-wire that I call my psyche. She showed me how to love in the way I need to love without hating myself for it.
Since my wife's and my openness is now about love and not just sex we've had some struggles, but we seem to be navigating things well with the help of our superstar therapist and resources such as this.

Thanks!

Greetings Eyegor,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

It sounds like you have had good luck in learning how to meld polyamory into your life. You have worked hard to make it work, to which I say, kudos. I am glad that Polyamory.com has been some small help. Keep reading and posting!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back