The benefits of polyamory

Isaiah990

I found polyamory has several benefits to my mental health.

It reduces anxiety - People like me tend to get really anxious when it comes to one woman. I start imagining the worst case scenarios when we're away for too long. I get paranoid and think "maybe she's talking to other men.. maybe she lost interest.. maybe something bad happened.."

When I have many women, I'm calmer. I'm not really worried about losing a woman because I have plenty more.

It helps me see things more clearly - When I'm focused on one woman, I tend to overlook warning signs she's not a healthy partner because of anxiety. When you get anxious, you tend to do that out of fear. That's why many people tend to stay in unhealthy relationships. They're afraid if they leave, they won't find another partner who can meet their needs.

With many women, I'm able to analyze my relationships more objectively. I can ask women for their opinions on other women and help me asses the quality of my relationships.

More security - If you have multiple partners, you're more likely to get more support. People can help you raise your children, help with finances, deal with emotions, etc.

You don't have to rely on one person to meet all of your needs, you can look for another person if there's something you're not satisfied with. Also, you can spend time with both people, and have more support with a larger family. If one person runs into some bad luck, there are two or more other people who can help.

I'm not really worried about losing a woman because I have plenty more.
I'm interested to know how much experience you've had with poly break ups because from what I know, poly break ups are just as painful as mono break ups. Losing someone you love is painful. Do you have experience with this "plenty more" shield or are you just hoping that this will be the case?

I found polyamory has several benefits to my mental health.

When I have many women, I'm calmer. I'm not really worried about losing a woman because I have plenty more.

That's how i feel about my socks. I have a bunch of socks that are all the same, that way, if some of them get lost, i don't have a bunch of random single socks hanging around. This has been very beneficial to my mental health.

I'm interested to know how much experience you've had with poly break ups because from what I know, poly break ups are just as painful as mono break ups. Losing someone you love is painful. Do you have experience with this "plenty more" shield or are you just hoping that this will be the case?
Of course, break ups are gonna hurt in any relationship. I'm not saying they're not. What I'm saying is they hurt less when you're in polyamorous relationships as opposed to a monogamous relationship. It's harder for someone to break up in a monogamous relationship especially if they invested so much. They don't know if they'll find anyone better because all they have is their partner. With polyamorous relationships, you can take some comfort in knowing you have other relationships for support.

You don't have to rely on one person to meet all of your needs, you can look for another person if there's something you're not satisfied with. Also, you can spend time with both people, and have more support with a larger family. If one person runs into some bad luck, there are two or more other people who can help.
I think it's very hard for people in monogamous relationships to admit people are replaceable. They tend to make one person their everything, but are actually dishonest. I used to be like that. I said stuff like "I love you.. I want you.." to a woman I thought was the only one for me. Later, I said the same thing to another woman after it didn't work out with the one before.

Yeah, serial monogamy gives evidence that humans are naturally polyamorous.

Yeah, serial monogamy gives evidence that humans are naturally polyamorous.
By the way, people forget it's not always possible for your monogamous partner to fulfill all of your needs the way you want. I got involved with several foreign women. They couldn't spend much time with me because they had to work hard to support themselves and their family. If one was too busy to talk to me, I just flirted and sexted with another one lol. It's unrealistic to expect your partner to look to you to fulfill all of his/her needs, but you don't want to compromise. Even if you compromise, there's no assurance you'll be happy anyways. If you sacrifice work, you'll have financial problems and other relationship problems as a result.

Back