Want to say high and thank you!

imsodizzy

Just registered. My wife (38) and I (45) have been married for 20 years and have just begun exploring the possibility of opening our marriage. Thank you for this great resource as we continue on our journey.

Imsodizzy,

I read your other post. there are many people here with lots of poly experience. I'm kind of new to all this, about a year ago I recognized what i was thinking about was poly and began discussions with my wife who is very much against poly. we are a Christian marriage so that doesn't help the situation. over the year I have learned more about what I'm interested in and what im not. initially our discussions were heated, mostly on her end, but now we can at least talk about poly interest, and also my interest in being a professional Cuddler, which I think Is a compromise to my desiring physical contact with other people and her being flat out against poly.
a professional Cuddler provides a service, its not a relationship. I'm working on that approach with her.
hang around the forum, there are lots of great posts.

welcome to the forum!

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
Greetings imsodizzy,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I read your other thread, and responded there briefly. To summarize, I think the step to take right now is to explore your reluctance to have her explore men. When you feel okay about her exploring men, then go into poly.

It is great to have you on board with us. I hope you will continue to read and post here (and in your other thread). There is so much to learn about poly, and Polyamory.com is a great place to start.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!