Why polyamory is a CHOICE

Ravenscroft, you keep saying that you never said that. But I am thinking of the many other threads where you have told someone (especially newbies) that what they're doing isn't poly. You seem to have a high standard for what counts as poly, maybe you are retracting that here. But that is what I am talking about.

It seems like some folks have super strong opinions about what is or is not "poly" and whether it is or is not innate to our personality, genes, nature, or whatever. Like most things....it varies.

I suppose that for some people like PurpleSun, being polyamorous is just like being lesbian - something that has always been the case. For some like me, it is simply a method of living that fits emotional and physical needs. Why do we have to ramrod people into boxes?

The first definition that comes up on the net for polyamory is "the philosophy or state of being in love or romantically involved with more than one person at the same time." I find that incredibly broad, which is a good thing. Just about every non-monogamous relationship style fits under that umbrella, and just about every reason for doing it or being that way fits as well.

Back