4th of July Holiday.

Setxfamily

I know that this mainly is a concern with the folks from the U.S. but my lady an I were wondering what everyone was planning for the 4th of July holiday?

So far we are just planning to have a few friends over for a BBQ, let the kids play and then maybe, hopefully go see some fireworks.

We Canadians celebrate our confederation on the same weekend;) I'm headed to a birthday party & hope to meet up with some family from out of town.

I'm taking advantage of the long weekend (and not having practice) to take my kids out of town to visit my parents.

Weather depending I'll be heading to one of the local universities for their yearly celebration and fireworks. Breathes will probably be working as will Possibility so it will probably be just me.

I'm still on deployment halfway around the world. not really sure whats going to happen other than another 12 hour work shift. maybe we'll get some good food at the DFAC.

If anyone local wants to get together for a 4th of July grilling and fun let us know. Our place is pretty kid friendly. And our fireworks are not being banned this year due to the drought.

Yes a large part of Texas is under a fire ban and many cities and counties are not going to have fireworks this year due to the fact that we are a giant tinder box about to go up in flames.

About 4 years ago at a neighborhood party the men started talking about the up coming 4th holiday and suggested we go get some fire works...so me and another guy went to the local road side tent and spent a couple hundred dollars...... lit them off and madness was born. It very quickly grew and we now have permits and license's and close the street off .....it went from $200 to 2300. It went road side tent to out of state warehouse bunker. Last year we brought some of the young boys on the shopping trip ....we kept telling them to put that little crap back and think bigger ...it was really very funny to see the look on their faces .

So it turned into block party ....we roast a pig and a lamb ...one guy has a bounce house for the kids ....another has a pool.... I invite my employees so I cover most of the food /alcohol .... the guest list keeps growing every year...this year I extended an invite to the the local fire house ....l Kids love fire trucks..... might have to get a second pig. If I haven't singed hair on an arms or eye brows it not the 4th of July.

Have fun and be safe ...D

So it turned into block party ....we roast a pig and a lamb ...one guy has a bounce house for the kids ....another has a pool.... I invite my employees so I cover most of the food /alcohol .... the guest list keeps growing every year...this year I extended an invite to the the local fire house ....l Kids love fire trucks..... might have to get a second pig. If I haven't singed hair on an arms or eye brows it not the 4th of July.

Have fun and be safe ...D

WOW! Now we wish we could come to your party. We hope you have a really great time and take a lot of pictures.

We have had only one mishap and that happen 2yrs ago.... The other founding member gets a little carried away ...he's built firing racks and buys rolls of different timed fuse and bundles or groups displays ....well that year the weather was spotty and he starts setting up 1-2 hrs before the shoot. we had about a thousand conversations about if we should go for it or reschedule....he pushed for go ....shortly after his set up we had a cloud burst...rain 10-15 min then it was over ...the show must go on ... However those fireworks caught in the rain had some misfire problems which we refused and sent up. No problem. Great show.

Then the clean up..... lots of burnt papertube spent fireworks......some dumb ass( could have been me) :eek: decided to throw a couple in the fire pit... that woke up a lot of people .....a lot of wide eyes then drunken laughter. Thank god it was late and the kids and women weren't there. Note : people don't count the number of shots in multi shot displays so ....if your going to burn the debris look down the tubes make sure there empty. OR be smart and don't throw the empties in a fire. Our new procedure is hose down the firing line and clean up an hour or two later ...that way you wont have garbage can fire:D ....that stuff stays hot a long time: And our other back up will be the local fire fighters.

As for taking pictures I've always been way too busy I'm some what a host for my employees anyway .....this year with the absences of my wife it maybe a little more hectic.....luckily one of the neighbors is a professional photographer and is always walking around with a camera....usually catching the kids cute moments.

Setxfamily ...Wow a fireworks ban that just sucks .... Up here in the upper mid west its benn raining 3-4 days a week and is uncharacteristically cool. ....at least I don't have to worry about catching the state on fire....might get rained out though. Note to self: ...tarp fireworks if rain threatens :)

I'm playing in a roller derby tournament in a nearby city and fitting in a couple of bar b qs as well!

Back