Any advice for a single guy

ref2018

Maid of All Work
Staff member
Of course, they can't make another woman pregnant, which is the crux of the matter.

I always thought that it was because they just haven't met the *right* penis yet. When men come out as gay or bi, it's like, "Oh it's about time they admitted it" and when women do it's like, "They just haven't had a guy who can fuck them right" or "They're angry because they've had a bad experience" ("not-all-men-are-like-that").

Inaniel

I always thought that it was because they just haven't met the *right* penis yet. When men come out as gay or bi, it's like, "Oh it's about time they admitted it" and when women do it's like, "They just haven't had a guy who can fuck them right" or "They're angry because they've had a bad experience" ("not-all-men-are-like-that").

In conservative circles there’s no good reason to be gay, the shit flies in all directions regardless of sex.

ref2018

Maid of All Work
Staff member
In conservative circles there’s no good reason to be gay, the shit flies in all directions regardless of sex.
Yeah, I was only talking about what I've heard people say. I don't have a lot of experience with conservative circles. :devilish:

HaloOnFire

Yeah, I was only talking about what I've heard people say. I don't have a lot of experience with conservative circles.

I do and it's generally only the religious zealots who do this. Folks who are conservative just want to be left alone and respect the fact that others just want to live their life as they so choose.

FallenAngelina

I saw something a little while ago debunking the syncing up thing.
Correct. It turns out to be a myth that women's periods automatically synch up.

Short Take​

There is no science to support the claim that menstrual cycles of women who live together or who otherwise spend a lot of time with each other sync up.

Tell Me More​

The theory that menstrual cycles sync up for women who are nearby for extended periods has been around for quite some time, but the few studies that support the theory are of low quality. In addition, no one has been able to suggest a plausible mechanism for such syncing up to occur.
In 2017, the menstrual period tracking app Clue evaluated data from its users to see if there was any link between menstrual cycle schedule and time spent together and found no association.

What about corroborating stories? Menstrual cycle length can vary from woman to woman, as well as be affected by a variety of factors, such as sleep, stress and fluctuations in weight. So the chances are two women who spend time together will have an occasional menstrual cycle that starts within one or two days of the other. Remembering these seemingly synced periods as a consistent trend rather than chance is recall bias. Women are probably less likely to take note of all the time they routinely spend in the close company of other women — spouses, partners, roommates, co-workers or friends — whose cycles do not coincide.

There are a variety of period tracking apps — Apple Watch just debuted a new feature for menstrual cycle tracking. A 2016 reviewof apps on the market at the time found many were inaccurate or contained misleading health information. While these apps may allow for greater ease of entering and recalling data about cycles than a calendar (digital or paper), unless they have been cleared by the Food and Drug Administration, relying on these apps as a health tool is a buyer (or user) beware situation.

Reactions: tdh

Evie

Mod
Last edited:

tdh

Personally do not believe in the OOP is equitable. One of the parts of this idea I have heard is people think they won't fall in love and/or run off with a female partner. Like love = genitalia which is so not true. It always feel rooted in the idea of heterosexuality is only the true way to care about someone which is just bullshit.

Magdlyn

Staff member
I hate to always go back to the Bible, but it's so useful for Western sociological roots. Never are female/female romantic or sexual relationships mentioned directly (except for one brief pseudo-Pauline anti-Greek admonishment). The only concern about same sex relationships is the idea of wasting seed, or the idea that a Top would be more masculine than a bottom. Never waste your sperm! Bromances were quite all right though.

I think FF relationships may have been rather common, but just not worth mentioning, since they didn't affect women's ability to breed. If there were 12 closely-watched women in a harem, and only one husband, what else were they supposed to do while they waited their turn?

Last edited:

ref2018

Maid of All Work
Staff member
The only concern about same sex relationships is the idea of wasting seed, or the idea that a Top would be more masculine than a bottom. Never waste your sperm! Bromances were quite all right though.
So it was okay to be gay as long as you didn't ejaculate? :eek:

Magdlyn

Staff member

RedBill

Ignore Polymark's BDSM bs; he's been banned.

Of course, if there is a MF couple, and the woman decides she definitely just wants other partners who are female, it is ethical. It's just not ethical if the guy is insecure about "his" woman dating other men, because he'd feel "lesser than," too competitive with the hypothetical other guy, who might have a bigger dick, better job, better car. Or maybe he just can't get over the idea of someone else's dick in "his" woman's vagina. It's generally thought of as a sexist problem.

Seems like if the expectations are laid out before the relationship and everyone agrees to how things are going to work, ethics don’t really play into it.

Marcus

Seems like if the expectations are laid out before the relationship and everyone agrees to how things are going to work, ethics don’t really play into it.

I tend to agree with this.

What the parties involved agree upon could be seen as unhealthy, maybe have a short life expectancy, or any other number of judgment calls (right or wrong) but as long as everyone agrees on it free of coercion I don't understand why we would call that unethical.