Are these good profiles?

poly6

So I started an account on three dating sites.

1.okcupid

2. polymatchmaker

3. beyondtwo

So I was wondering if these are good profiles.

1. okcupid

"Find a user
Settings
Sign out
An image of tokunerd
Shown in 144 search
results in the last day
Boost profile
Browse Matches
Quickmatch
Complete your profile
Rate 10 people
75%
You might like
An image of cathrina_ebuenga An image of deathsgirl2012 An image of countrybaby1tron
Recently visited
An image of parksandknits
An image of jamiekin
An image of LadyLilithDreams
An image of dino_bill
An image of brittlynn0721
An image of mmmmmaybe
An image of Girl4funxo
An image of SuperMsRobotGirl
An image of tokunerd An image of tokunerdAn image of tokunerd
tokunerd
19 • M • Carbondale, IL
About
Photos
Questions
Personality
My Details
Orientation
Straight
Ethnicity
Black
Height
6′ 3″ (1.91m)
Body Type
Average
Diet
Anything
Smokes
No
Drinks
Not at all
Drugs
Never
Religion
Agnosticism, but not too serious about it
Sign
Taurus, but it doesn’t matter
Education
Working on university
Job
Student
Income

Relationship Status
Single
Relationship Type
Non-monogamous
Offspring
Doesn’t have kids
Pets

Speaks
English
My self-summary
Hello everyone. Tokunerd here so named because I'm secretly(not really I actually tend to be quite open about it) love tokustasu especially of the super hero genre like super sentai(power rangers in the us) kamen rider, and others too whenever I find them. I'm a student at SIUC and I'm here studying Radio/Television at the moment, hopefully going into broadcasting. In the future though I have bigger plans then than but that's neither here nor there.

I try to be a very kind gentle and friendly person. Although I am socially awkward I'm quite easy to get along with and I usually can talk to literally just about anybody about almost anything with a few exceptions. Some things in order to talk about I have to be really comfortable around you first.

I have an unusual sense of humor, there may not be a lot I laugh about as I tend to be very particular, but around the right crowd and friends included I tend to laugh more often and rather hysterically at that. My humor tends to be more situation related and tends to be a form of satire or commentary. I tend to make jokes about the state of politics sometimes too. I can also be quite random sometimes too and make absolutely no sense to even me. When it comes to my mind It's nearly a complete stranger to me so I just go with what it tells me(unless it's something evil o_o).

Anyway I tend to also be very open minded and very adventurous as well. Under certain moments I have a tendency to be a thrill seeker despite my fears. There's many things in life I want to try from sky diving, volcano boarding, and so many other things.(I think I have a list somewhere underneath all of this crap in my skull). I also for better or worse have a natural curiosity about the world around me and thus I enjoy intellectual stimulation. Talking to people smarter than me is definitely intimidating mostly because I fear either looking stupid or not understanding them, yet I keep talking too them so I can improve myself. Because of my curiosity my interest are wide and varied and I enjoy studying several different subjects that may not all even be related to each other. I guess I'm willing to try anything once.

Now to the more risky parts about myself. First of all I'm extremely kinky and I do mean extremely kinky. However let's get one thing perfectly clear, just because I'm kinky doesn't mean I'm easy. I require a deeper connection and relationship with the person before I even desire to engage in any sexual activities let alone feel comfortable enough to talk about them without the fear of being judged or rejected. Thus I'm not about to go into detail and list fetishes or interest or whatever else. I will talk about it personally one on one but not right away. It would be a while. So don't message me and have that be the first topic or anything of the sort.

Here's the next thing. If you look to your right you will see a long list of personal attributes that okcupid has dubbed "My Details". Under this you will see something which says "Relationship Type" Next to that you will see "Non-monogamy" which means not just one partner alone. In my case more specifically I am polyamorous. Yes I do eventually desire more than one woman. Keyword is eventually. I am still looking for one at the moment to start with who is preferably single. Now just to let you know me being poly and kinky isn't connected(I'm not poly because I'm kinky and I'm not kinky because I'm poly). If you are strictly monogamous then I'm afraid I have to apologies before hand that I'm not what you're looking for. I have no problems with monogamy and I wish you the best of luck in your search.

Well that's all for now. Want to know more then message me or I'll message you.
What I’m doing with my life
Currently I'm at school here at SIUC studying Radio/Television alongside a few other subjects. I am a sophomore at the moment and I'm trying to get a job at my local television station. I'm also trying to be an RA at my dorm as well while also trying to balance all of these things out with the rest of my life. Academically I'm trying to maintain my gpa and hopefully make it even higher than it is now.

I'm also currently working on an exercise plan too lose a bit of weight and get in shape as well. I like to remain in shape physically and mentally as well. I go to my local gym 3-5 times a week and I usually work out for anywhere from 1-2 hours(It's brutal mainly because it's boring to me.) I'm still working on it, but I'm making progress.

I'm also trying to improve my day to day social life and as such I've grown closer to my friends and have participated in more activities. There are several things on campus I'd love to try. Swimming, gymnastics, motorcycles, and traveling and volunteering abroad.

There's more to but I feel it's best to stop here for now.
I’m really good at
I'm pretty good around people despite my social awkwardness. What I mean by that is that once I get to know a person well enough It becomes easier to help them when they are down. I'm also pretty good at psychology and sociology. I don't know if I'm good at this or not but I loves studying and talking about philosophy. I'm a decent writer as well and tend to have a pretty varied skill set. I can adapt to things fairly easily with a little bit of difficulty here and there, but when I want to understand something, I can be a tad stubborn and I get to disappointed to quit.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
I like too many but I don't get much of chance to do any of these things much today. But I can't pick a favorite of any of these except for one.......

FAVORITE FOOD IS CHILLY CHEESE DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!
The six things I could never do without
1. My friends and family. They're both equally important to me so I rate them as one thing.

2. My laptop.

3. extreme kink :)

4. Something to do for a least while every now and then

5. Something new which offers excitement or the chance for knowledge or just a sweet pleasure.

6. This is the most important one of all. If you don't have this then leave right now. Are you ready? Ok.............

CHILLY CHEESE DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(just joking about the leave now part by the way) :)
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Unfortunately(or fortunately depending upon your perspective) everything, and I do mean everything. I always have something on my mind, ranging from important issues going on in the world today, what I'm going to do in the future, and how to handle my problems now. I often find myself thinking about these things because I believe that my source thought would be how to better myself as a person.

As a result I'm always thinking about things in an attempt to be better educated or just a generally more pleasant and helpful person.
On a typical Friday night I am
Well Friday is my longest day of school so I am more than likely coming home to rest for a bit, eat, work out, eat again with friends and then go do random things with them before I come back to my dorm and go to bed. I do a lot more on Saturdays and Sundays
I’m looking for
Girls who like guys
Ages 18–26
Near me
Who are single
For new friends, long-term dating
You should message me if
If you have something interesting to talk about.

If you're interested of course.

If you'd like someone to talk too about something."
https://www.okcupid.com/profile

2. polymatchmaker

Profile: KRMR
Home Profile: KRMR
Member Profile: KRMR
Straight Male
19 years old
Carbondale, Illinois - United States
Last Login: Wednesday, August 27, 2014
KRMR Picture
Profile Quiz
Relationship Status:
Single
Relationship Dynamic:
Unpartnered
Seeking:
Single Female, Just Friends, Just Women, Long Term
Smoking:
Not At All
Drinking:
Not At All
Children:
Undecided
Relocate:
No
Height:
Over 75 inches
Body Style:
Average
Religion:
Agnostic
Favorite Food:
Will Eat Anything
Student
Education:
Some College
Send a Message
Would you like to Send this member a message?

Send this member a Poke for free.

About me...
Hello everyone. Tokunerd here so named because I'm secretly(not really I actually tend to be quite open about it) love tokustasu especially of the super hero genre like super sentai(power rangers in the us) kamen rider, and others too whenever I find them. I'm a student at SIUC and I'm here studying Radio/Television at the moment, hopefully going into broadcasting. In the future though I have bigger plans then than but that's neither here nor there.

I try to be a very kind gentle and friendly person. Although I am socially awkward I'm quite easy to get along with and I usually can talk to literally just about anybody about almost anything with a few exceptions. Some things in order to talk about I have to be really comfortable around you first.

I have an unusual sense of humor, there may not be a lot I laugh about as I tend to be very particular, but around the right crowd and friends included I tend to laugh more often and rather hysterically at that. My humor tends to be more situation related and tends to be a form of satire or commentary. I tend to make jokes about the state of politics sometimes too. I can also be quite random sometimes too and make absolutely no sense to even me. When it comes to my mind It's nearly a complete stranger to me so I just go with what it tells me(unless it's something evil o_o).

Anyway I tend to also be very open minded and very adventurous as well. Under certain moments I have a tendency to be a thrill seeker despite my fears. There's many things in life I want to try from sky diving, volcano boarding, and so many other things.(I think I have a list somewhere underneath all of this crap in my skull). I also for better or worse have a natural curiosity about the world around me and thus I enjoy intellectual stimulation. Talking to people smarter than me is definitely intimidating mostly because I fear either looking stupid or not understanding them, yet I keep talking too them so I can improve myself. Because of my curiosity my interest are wide and varied and I enjoy studying several different subjects that may not all even be related to each other. I guess I'm willing to try anything once.

Now to the more risky parts about myself. First of all I'm extremely kinky and I do mean extremely kinky. However let's get one thing perfectly clear, just because I'm kinky doesn't mean I'm easy. I require a deeper connection and relationship with the person before I even desire to engage in any sexual activities let alone feel comfortable enough to talk about them without the fear of being judged or rejected. Thus I'm not about to go into detail and list fetishes or interest or whatever else. I will talk about it personally one on one but not right away. It would be a while. So don't message me and have that be the first topic or anything of the sort.

Looking for...
I'm looking for a straight or bi single poly woman. Now that we got the technical stuff out of the way, I would prefer if they were a short distance however I can see if something can be worked out for even greater distances. I try to work out and keep myself in good health, so I would prefer if my partner would do the same. If you aren't in the best shape now that's fine because neither am I.

I'm looking for someone sweet, kind, generous, compassionate, and willing to help people and just generally fun to be around. I love the adventurous girls the one's who are open minded with a try anything once attitude. Strong women are great to me. Now as stated before I do want a woman as kinky as me(or kinkier) so extremely kinky. I'm not going to give specifics right now.

Deal breakers: drugs of any kind with the exception of alcohol on a limited basis as a light drinker who doesn't get too stupid or crazy with it. Kids, no kids at all. Not saying you can't want them but you can't have them now. I'm currently undecided on whether I want kids or not.

Otherwise just be yourself and we'll see where we can go from there.

3. beyondtwo

SSPR

EDIT PROFILE DETAILS
The Basics
Birthday 19 y.o.
Join Date 08/24/2014
Located in the country of United States
Located in the state/province/county of Illinois
Located in the city of Carbondale
Zip Code/Postal Code 62901
Basic Details
Gender Male
Marital Status Single
Relationship Status (group dynamic) Single
Availablility I am available for a relationship
I currently have a partner or partners now No
Sexual Orientation Straight
Willing to relocate Not willing or unable to relocate
Looking For Straight Female, Poly single Female
Here for Friendship, Dating, Long Term, Hang out, Fun, Chat buddies
Ethnicity African American/African Descent
Ethnicity (Optional mulitple choice for mixed race) African American/African Descent
Body Type Average
Hair Color Black
Height 6’3” / 190.50cm
Eye Color Brown
Religion/Belief System Non-religious
Profession/Occupation Student
Education Some College
Income Prefer not to say
Has Children No
Do you smoke No
Do you drink No
Do you use drugs? No
Zodiac Sign Taurus
Pets None
More Details (optional)
About Me/About us I'm a student at SIUC and I'm here studying Radio/Television at the moment, hopefully going into broadcasting. In the future though I have bigger plans then than but that's neither here nor there.

Interests I have a natural curiosity and because of that my interest are wide and ever expanding. This goes from studies of science, art, philosophy and other subjects, to physical activities like parkour, dirtbiking, and volcano boarding(all of which I would love to try).
Favorite Music I don't really have a favorite so instead I'll just say what I typically listen too. I love most genres of music and because of my often nerdy nature I tend to listen to music that may have originated somewhere in a game or anime or something like that. Currently I listen to Utada Hikaru.
Favorite Movies Again I don't have a favorite but I watch anything that has great action and can be funny to me. My favorite one's usually have a tight story as well and something to look forward too or I leave with a new subject to think about. Anything that fuels my ever growing imagination.
Favorite Books I don't have a favorite and I usually read non fiction books since I have to focus on my classes sadly.
Favorite Sports/ Sports Teams/ Players I don't care for sports.
Hobbies/Activities I play video games in my spare time, watch movies, read books, and listen to music of course. Otherwise I'm doing something with my friends or working at my local television station.
My perfect life would be Me and my big poly family multiracial could be together in harmony and happiness. A loving bond. Perhaps it's idealistic but it's supposed to be a perfect life after all. Life's not perfect though. We could all live either together or near by. I don't know how many people are in it. Other than me and my girlfriends.
What I am looking for I'm looking for a straight or bi single poly woman. Now that we got the technical stuff out of the way, I would prefer if they were a short distance however I can see if something can be worked out for even greater distances. I try to work out and keep myself in good health, so I would prefer if my partner would do the same. If you aren't in the best shape now that's fine because neither am I.

I'm looking for someone sweet, kind, generous, compassionate, and willing to help people and just generally fun to be around. I love the adventurous girls the one's who are open minded with a try anything once attitude. Strong women are great to me. Now as stated before I do want a woman as kinky as me(or kinkier) so extremely kinky. I'm not going to give specifics right now.

Deal breakers: drugs of any kind with the exception of alcohol on a limited basis as a light drinker who doesn't get too stupid or crazy with it. Kids, no kids at all. Not saying you can't want them but you can't have them now. I'm currently undecided on whether I want kids or not.

Otherwise just be yourself and we'll see where we can go from there.
Favorite Quote "You cannot begin to imagine how many ways the world is different from what you have been taught to believe.

You see the man who is selling drugs to willing customers so he can feed his family as the scum of the Earth while you see the hypocrite who gives away stolen money in the name of government as a Saint.

You see the guy who tries to avoid being robbed by the Federal thugs as a crook and a tax cheat but see as virtuous the politician who gives away the same stolen loot to people whom it does not belong.

You see the cop as a good guy as he drags a man away from his friends and family and throws him in a cage for 10 years for smoking a leaf and you see anyone who defends themselves against such barbaric fascism as the lowest form of life, a cop killer.

In reality, most drug dealers are far more virtuous than any government social worker and prostitutes have far less to be ashamed of than political whores because they trade only what is rightfully theirs with those who are willing to trade with them. The upstanding, church going, law abiding, tax paying citizen who votes Democrat or Republican are far more despicable and a bigger threat to humanity than the most promiscuous, lazy, drug snorting hippie.

Why? Because the hippie is willing to let others be free and the voter is not. The damage done to society by bad habits and loose morality is nothing compared to the damage done to society by the self righteous violence committed in the name of the state. You imagine yourselves to be charitable and tolerant when you are nothing of the sort.

Even the Nazis had manners and proper table etiquette when they weren't killing people. You think you are good people because you say "please" and "thank you?" You think sitting in that big building every Sunday makes you noble and righteous? The difference between you and the common thief is the thief has the honesty to commit the crime himself while you whine for government to do your stealing for you. The difference between you and the street thug is the thug is open about the violence he commits while you let others forcibly control your neighbors on your behalf. You advocate theft, harassment, assault and even murder but except no responsibility for the countless lives your whims have destroyed!" ~Larken Rose, The Iron Web

You've got grammatical errors all over the place. I'd ask for editing assistance, for sure. As a woman, when my account is active on OKC, I am slammed with messages. Bad spelling and grammar will cause me to back out of a profile quickly.

Personally, your "Favorite Quote" on the 3rd profile would have me backtracking in a hurry as well. The first line is intriguing and fits very well with a non-monogamy mindset. The rest is just ideological drivel that is off-putting to see in a dating profile.

Unless you're looking to attract anarchists.
I'd totally have more interest post-quote. lol.

Typing errors and such aside, they look fine.

My first impression is that they are waaaay too long.

Editing - not just for grammar and spelling, but also to cut it down in size. Think of it this way, do people really want to read all that or will they end up skimming and missing something really important.

Just my opinion.

The third profile is really one that I would be just clicking away from -

And if I already have kids from a previous relationship? that's it. I'm outta here. You don't want them, and it reads like you don't want them in your life at all.

You see the man who is selling drugs to willing customers so he can feed his family as the scum of the Earth while you see the hypocrite who gives away stolen money in the name of government as a Saint.

And the rest...bad is good, good is bad yada yada yada....your opinion on life stuff is just not needed here. Save it for when you chat or such. Or compress it to just one paragraph. I don't have a problem with the ideas, but for me, a profile should be much more succinct. Once you read and feel a small connection, then you can explore more.

My opinion?

Too long. Grammar errors. Condense. For example... If you are shy and take a bit to warm up and then after that can talk about anything? Say it that way and loose three or four sentences. In the humor paragraph? Something like "my fav kinds of humor are situational, satire, political and goofy." That will do. The rest is not necessary. I think if you could take the main idea in each paragraph and condense to one sentence it could read better.

Move what you are looking for to the top. If that is me, that helps me see I might fit you more quickly. People skim read profiles. Make it easy for me and do not bury that so far in. If that is not really me, saves me time. Helping people do the self weeding out hopefully gets YOU more responses that are closer to what you seek faster/more often. Maybe something like

"I am seeking a strong woman who is adventurous, open to polyamory, kink. I am undecided if I want kids or not at this time and prefer to date someone without kids right now. I admire character traits like kindness, generosity, compassion. Someone who likes to have fun doing things like _____. Or volunteers and helps people out with things like _______. Drugs, alcoholism or stupid drunkeness are turn offs. I don't mind the Christmas and bday drinks but keep it light and not obnoxious."

Then lead into what you are about and what you have to offer someone as a dating partner. Your best character traits. What you bring to the table like your humor style and so on. If you are into social justice, say so and which issues like top three issues topic list. Finish at the quote, and save the rest for the date. It is true that there are many ways to live but it adds too much length at this time in a profile. Again, people skim read those. It is not the place for going deep.

I think you might mean a "strong" like strong minded and assertive, so write to attract the personality you seek. Long rambling things are not going to appeal to a strong minded direct type person. Could even say "strong minded, direct and assertive" rather than just "strong" to help clarify. Or are you looking for strong like bodybuilder or athlete?

Think bullet list maybe. Top ten for what you seek and deal breakers, top ten for what you are like and what you are open to or flexible on. If they want to know more they will find you.

Hope that helps some. GL on your profile!

Galagirl

Last edited:
My opinion they are far too long and long winded.

The errors are a turn off too.

I already changed the quote yesterday. I forgot to mention that.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain

So I edited the about me section of the okcupid profile.

"Hello everyone, Tokunerd here. I'm a student at SIUC and I'm here studying Radio/Television at the moment, hopefully going into broadcasting. In the future though I have bigger plans then than but that's neither here nor there.

Although I am a little socially awkward, I can be a very kind gentle and friendly person once I feel comfortable around you.

I have an unusual sense of humor. My humor tends to be more situational and tends to be a form of satire or commentary.

I tend to also be very open-minded and very adventurous as well. There's many things in life I want to try from sky diving, volcano boarding, and so many other things (I think I have a list somewhere underneath all of this crap in my skull).
I also for better or worse have a natural curiosity about the world around me and thus I enjoy intellectual stimulation. Because of my curiosity my interest are wide and varied and I enjoy studying several different subjects that may not all even be related to each other. I guess I'm willing to try anything once.

I'm extremely kinky and I do mean extremely kinky. However let's get one thing perfectly clear, just because I'm kinky doesn't mean I'm easy. I require a deeper connection and relationship with the person before I even desire to engage in any sexual activities let alone feel comfortable enough to talk about them without the fear of being judged or rejected. So don't message me and have that be the first topic or anything of the sort.

I am polyamorous, but right now I am looking for one at the moment to start with who is preferably single. If you are strictly monogamous then I'm afraid I have to apologies beforehand that I'm not what you're looking for. I have no problems with monogamy and I wish you the best of luck in your search.

Well that's all for now. Want to know more? Message me or I'll message you."

Kudos... Much tighter, shorter bit than before.

Still could condense a bit more tho. I would lose the blue.

Cuz those are like you are talking to yourself as you write and not the reader.

Galagirl

----------

"Hello everyone, Tokunerd here. I'm a student at SIUC and I'm here studying Radio/Television at the moment, hopefully going into broadcasting. In the future though I have bigger plans then than but that's neither here nor there.

Although I am a little socially awkward, I can be a very kind gentle and friendly person once I feel comfortable around you.

I have an unusual sense of humor. My humor tends to be more situational and tends to be a form of satire or commentary.

I tend to also be very open-minded and very adventurous as well. There's many things in life I want to try from sky diving, volcano boarding, and so many other things (I think I have a list somewhere underneath all of this crap in my skull).
I also for better or worse have a natural curiosity about the world around me and thus I enjoy intellectual stimulation. Because of my curiosity my interest are wide and varied and I enjoy studying several different subjects that may not all even be related to each other. I guess I'm willing to try anything once.

I'm extremely kinky and I do mean extremely kinky. However let's get one thing perfectly clear, just because I'm kinky doesn't mean I'm easy. I require a deeper connection and relationship with the person before I even desire to engage in any sexual activities let alone feel comfortable enough to talk about them without the fear of being judged or rejected. So don't message me and have that be the first topic or anything of the sort.

I am polyamorous, but right now I am looking for one at the moment to start with who is preferably single. If you are strictly monogamous then I'm afraid I have to apologies beforehand that I'm not what you're looking for. I have no problems with monogamy and I wish you the best of luck in your search.

Well that's all for now. Want to know more? Message me or I'll message you."

Last edited:
New okcupid profile.

About
Photos
Questions
Personality
My Details
Orientation
Straight
Ethnicity
Black
Height
6′ 3″ (1.91m)
Body Type
Average
Diet
Anything
Smokes
No
Drinks
Not at all
Drugs
Never
Religion
Agnosticism, but not too serious about it
Sign
Taurus, but it doesn’t matter
Education
Working on university
Job
Student
Income

Relationship Status
Single
Relationship Type
Non-monogamous
Offspring
Doesn’t have kids
Pets

Speaks
English
My self-summary
Hello everyone, Tokunerd here. Although I am a little socially awkward, I can be a very kind gentle and friendly person once I feel comfortable around you.

I tend to also be very open-minded and very adventurous as well. There's many things in life I want to try from sky diving, volcano boarding, and so many other things (I think I have a list somewhere underneath all of this crap in my skull). I also for better or worse have a natural curiosity about the world around me and thus I enjoy intellectual stimulation. Because of my curiosity my interest are wide and varied and I enjoy studying several different subjects that may not all even be related to each other. I guess I'm willing to try anything once.

Well that's all for now. Want to know more? Message me or I'll message you.
Currently I'm at school here at SIUC studying Radio/Television alongside a few other subjects. I am a sophomore at the moment and I work at my local Television Station.

I'm also currently working on an exercise plan to lose a bit of weight and get in shape as well. I like to remain in shape physically and mentally as well. I go to my local gym 3-5 times a week and I usually work out for anywhere from 1-2 hours (It's brutal mainly because it's boring to me.) I'm still working on it, but I'm making progress.

I'm also trying to improve my day to day social life. I’ve been participated in more activities. There are several things on campus I'd love to try: swimming, gymnastics, motorcycles, and traveling and volunteering abroad.

There's more to but I feel it's best to stop here for now.
I’m really good at
I'm pretty good around people despite my social awkwardness. What I mean by that is that once I get to know a person well enough it becomes easier to help them when they are down. I'm also pretty good at psychology and sociology. I don't know if I'm good at this or not but I love studying and talking about philosophy. I'm a decent writer as well and tend to have a pretty varied skill set. I can adapt to things fairly easily with a little bit of difficulty here and there, but when I want to understand something, I can be a tad stubborn and I get too disappointed to quit.
I like too many but I don't get much of chance to do any of these things much today. But I can't pick a favorite of any of these except for one.......

FAVORITE FOOD IS CHILLY CHEESE DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!
1. My friends and family. They're both equally important to me so I rate them as one thing.

2. My laptop.

3. Extreme kink :)

4. Something to do for a least while every now and then

5. Something new which offers excitement or the chance for knowledge or just a sweet pleasure.

6. This is the most important one of all so if you don't have this then leave right now. Are you ready? Ok.............

CHILLY CHEESE DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Just joking about the leave now part by the way) :)
Unfortunately (or fortunately depending upon your perspective) everything, and I do mean everything. I always have something on my mind. I'm always thinking about things in an attempt to be better educated or just a generally more pleasant and helpful person.
Well Friday is my longest day of school so I am more than likely coming home to rest for a bit, eat, work out, eat again with friends and then go do random things with them before I come back to my dorm and go to bed. I do a lot more on Saturdays and Sundays
I’m looking for
Girls who like guys
Ages 18–26
Near me
Who are single
For new friends, long-term dating
You should message me if
If you have something interesting to talk about.

If you're interested of course.

If you'd like someone to talk too about something.

Don't all browsers have automatic spell check on anyhow?
I'm using chrome and it automatically tells me I spelled something wrong by underlining it in red crinkles.
_____
Some of the About Me looked similar to another profile I've come across.

Poly paragraph: apologies needs to turn into apologize/apologise in advance (whichever spelling of that is common for you). Scratch beforehand.

Social life/Campus activities paragraph:
Scratch all of it and redo. You're considering trying out a few of those activities. Don't list all of them. Maximum of three.

Hold on for maybe an hour, I've got to finish up some other stuff and then I'll pretty much rewrite most of the stuff after the "My Details" list.
It's still kind of long. But that may be because I like short, sweet and to the point. Don't worry I won't shorten the hell out of it.

My self-summary
Hello everyone, Tokunerd here. I am a little socially awkward at first but less so once I get more comfortable around others. [I was going to just leave the greeting by itself to be honest]

I am very open-minded, adventurous, as well as possessing an unusual sense of humor.
I have a natural curiosity about the world around me and I enjoy intellectual stimulation. I'm willing to try anything once :).

I'm extremely kinky. However just because I'm kinky, it doesn't mean I'm easy. I require a deeper connection and relationship with said person.

I'm polyamorous, and at the moment I am looking for ___________ who is preferably single to start a relationship with. Apologies to the strictly monogamous.

If you want to know more about what's already here or more in general, go ahead and drop a message :).

I'm currently attending school as a sophomore at SIUC, studying Radio and Television alongside a few other subjects. I work at my local Television Station (as what? position, intern?).
I'm also getting into shape as I'd like to maintain body as well as my mind.

[What activities have you already participated in, are participating in, and which ones would you like to try/plan on doing next? No list, no explanations, just state it.]

I’m really good at
Writing and discussing philosophy

I like way too many things but I can't pick a favorite out of any of them except for one.......

CHILI CHEESE DOGS!!!

1. My equally important friends & family.

2. My laptop.

3. Extreme kink :)

4. Something to do for a least while every now and then [May want to make this specific or choose something else]

5. Something new which offers excitement or the chance for knowledge or just a sweet pleasure. [Same as number 4, preferably something that doesn't need an explanation.]

6. This is the most important one of all. Are you ready? Ok.............

CHILI CHEESE DOGS!!!!! :p

Everything, and I do mean everything. I always have something on my mind. I'm always thinking about things in an attempt to be better educated or be a generally more pleasant and helpful person.

Hanging out and eating with friends before I come back to my dorm for sleep. I'm more of a weekend adventure guy.

You should message me if

If you're interested of course :)
I probably shortened the hell out of this. My first go at filling out the okcupid profile, I also had the mindset to explain damn near everything. Didn't save but I looked it over and decided that If they wanted the details they'll ask, and it'd be something to discuss for two minutes.

Last edited:
It got long again. To me the going on about hot dogs like that makes it sound like you are writing "filler" in a kinda juvenile "hee hee" way. It is ok to like hot dogs, I just don't think a 26 year old woman is going to look at that style of writing and respond. A goofy 18 year old might like "OMG, me too! Hee Hee!" But not the 26 year old. With the intellectual interests you have I don't think you'd want an goofy 18 year old even if they did respond.

It was better short to me like in post 13. . I took another pass at it below.

Remember less is more. You are not trying to write a novel. You are trying to put out some potential common interests and conversation starters out there for the potential to message you more about. Like...

• Tell me more about the philosophy -- what schools of thought appeal to you?
  • You have a lot of athletic interests -- how do you feel about martial arts?
  • You say you are in radio and broadcasting -- what do you think the next thing might be like as technology advances?

There's plenty there for conversation starter hooks already. Don't write filler. People skim read.

Try it on short and sweet and see how it goes. Don't overthink or overdo it. Remember you can always change it up again later.

Galagirl

------------

Hello everyone, Tokunerd here. Currently I'm a sophomore at SIUC studying Radio/Television. I work at my local Television Station doing ____.

Once I feel comfortable around you, I can be a very kind gentle and friendly person.

I have an unusual sense of humor. My humor tends to be more situational and tends to be a form of satire or commentary. Funny books or movies like ____ are some of my favs.

I tend to be very open-minded and very adventurous as well. I am trying to get fit and go the the gym a few times a week so I am open to gym dates. There's many things in life I want to try still: sky diving, volcano boarding, swimming, gymnastics, motorcycles, and traveling and volunteering abroad. I am looking for someone to share that with.

I have a natural curiosity about the world around me. I really enjoy intellectual stimulation. Because of my curiosity my interests are wide and varied and I enjoy studying several different subjects like psychology, sociology, and philosophy.

I am polyamorous, and single. (Strict monogamy is not for me.) I’m looking for
poly-friendly straight women between the ages of 18–26 living near me. No kids, prefer single. For new friendship or long-term dating

Message if you have questions or if you would like to know more about me.

Last edited:
I must have low standards, I couldn't see anything wrong with the initial draft. :)

I guess I can see the practical value in keeping the length down, for those who are trying to quickly scan a lot of profiles. Doesn't seem to be any precise way of telling "short enough" and "too short" apart though.

I don't personally have a problem with the "hot dog gag," though I know everyone has their own tastes in humor.

I like the posts here that suggest specific corrections.

Back