Being Poly in FL

Fishsticks86

Hello everyone! My name is Madison and I am new to being polyamorous. My husband and I are still figuring out where we are on this spectrum and looking for advice/community support while we navigate things. I'm very excited to explore this new world together, and I've had many Polyamorous friends throughout the years so I've been familiar with this world for a while. It's cool to finally accept myself for the things I enjoy, and to have found a partner that's more or less on the same page as me.

A few things I've already noticed:
1. There are vast differences in polyamory relationships.
2. Trust and communication is key.
3. To quote another member, compatibility is more important than agreements.
4. Be comfortable with being uncomfortable.
5. It's not the end of the world to feel uncomfortable or jealous.
6. We all want a unicorn. 😂

Everyone, have fun and cheers to a new year! I hope to meet other folks who are liked minded, or at least have a little bit of guidance for a newb like myself.

1-5 I *totally* agree with. 6.... not so much. ;-)

welcome to the group! what part of Florida are you in?

Greetings Madison,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

It sounds like you have a good, very positive start on the journey towards polyamory; hopefully we can post the advice and info you need, and any questions you may have, don't hesitate to ask them. You should be able to find good support here, we are a friendly but nutty bunch. Glad to have you with us!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

No, many of us shudder at the thought of being or catching a unicorn. Most successful polyamorous couples date separately. Where did you get the idea that having a magical creature to share was attainable or desirable?

Hello everyone! My name is Madison and I am new to being polyamorous. My husband and I are still figuring out where we are on this spectrum and looking for advice/community support while we navigate things. I'm very excited to explore this new world together, and I've had many Polyamorous friends throughout the years so I've been familiar with this world for a while. It's cool to finally accept myself for the things I enjoy, and to have found a partner that's more or less on the same page as me.

A few things I've already noticed:
1. There are vast differences in polyamory relationships.
2. Trust and communication is key.
3. To quote another member, compatibility is more important than agreements.
4. Be comfortable with being uncomfortable.
5. It's not the end of the world to feel uncomfortable or jealous.
6. We all want a unicorn. 😂

Everyone, have fun and cheers to a new year! I hope to meet other folks who are liked minded, or at least have a little bit of guidance for a newb like myself.
Why do we Polly people exist like ghosts 😅 “I CANT see Polly people!” 👻

Back