Changelog

NeonKaos

Custodian
"Sticky" threads now have three icons to indicate the nature of posts contained within:

An exclamation point for administrative topics

A question mark for information regarding polyamory, relationships, sex, definitions, etc.

A lightbulb for ongoing threads about personal things or chit-chat

December 25th 2009

- Seperate 'Features' forum has been centralised into the User Guidelines forum
- Renamed 'User Guidelines' to 'User Guidelines and Forum Features'
- Renamed 'General Living' forum back to 'Fireplace' (sounds a lot more attractive and cosy to me)
- Renamed description for 'Fireplace' forum
- Added new forum called 'Golden Nuggets' - moderators are recommended to add links inhere to great posts that are wortwhile for everyone to read
- Changed back the user titles to what it was before (Although funny, I think it was a bit out of context, and for some a bit disrepectful)
- Reenabled easy indexing for search engines - I think it's important that we are visible and attract users.
- Reenabled unregistered viewers being able to read all the forums. Users can register very easily, it only gives a perceived level of extra privacy to not allow unregistered
users to read certain parts of the forum. Plus, it will also have people that might not be interested register on the site just to lurk. Right now people WANT to register, there
is no reason for them to do so unless they want to post/support us.

Last edited:
Changes to Sticky Threads

Removed "Public service announcements" and moved contents to "Changelog".

Merged the "Site Guidelines 1,2,3" (3 threads) into one thread.

Unstuck and moved "Polyamory Resources" from "General Discussions" to "Golden nuggets" and left temporary redirect.

"Links and Non-commercial Websites" thread unstuck and moved from "Fireplace" to "Golden Nuggets" and left temporary redirect.

Merged "Random thoughts" and "Random Chit-Chat" in "Fireplace" & left temp. redirect.

Unstuck these threads and put links to them in the "Master Thread" under "Golden Nuggets":

Word Association Game
Poetry / Poems
What Are Your Hobbies?
Why do you use the online name that you use?

Changed on a trial basis:
Maximum Images Per Post increased 4->10 to allow more emotes to be retained.
Thread/Forum Read Marking Type changed from cookies to DB to allow better tracking of unread posts.

Both changes are being trailed only and may be reverted if it causes any issues with the server.

The timer is working differently now too. It says "The threads below do not have new posts since your last visit, but still contain unread messages" just like it does on other forums that I use that have VBulletin.

Awesome!

A bunch of Sticky threads have been "unstuck". A short-cut to the following link is provided at the top of each forum:

Master Threads - links to other threads worth reading

The threads listed there are topics and questions that are frequently brought up. Any new threads that are started about these topics (for example, if someone starts a thread that says, "What should I do about my partner's jealousy" or "How do I meet poly people in my area", etc. will be merged with one of these existing threads.

Changed option to edit posts to 12 hours. After that time if you want a post changed or deleted, a moderator will be required to help you out. Keep in mind that we will not necessarily delete or modify posts 'just because'.

Changed option to edit posts to 12 hours.

I'd like to bump this thread to remind people to check here every once in a while because this is where we make boring announcements about things including but not limited to:

How much time you have to edit your posts before they are no longer able to be modified. It's 12 hours, folks. That gives you time to decide if you want it to stay that way forever.

It is not the responsibility of the moderation staff to delete or edit posts if it turns out that users regret what they have posted and want to recant. The only reason we will hide a post or send a post back to the author to be modified is if it violates the forum usage guidelines.

TWELVE HOURS. That's more than any other forum I belong to allows for an edit-window.

Last edited:
New user guideline thread stickied, old guideline thread unstickied, but left in place for reference and marked ARCHIVE.

Thank you.

Old user guideline thread stickied with "(ARCHIVE)" tag stripped, new guideline thread removed for another 2 or 3 years of discussion and editing.

Last edited:
Back