domestc discipline

You may have to be more clear? What exactly do you mean by this? (I can guess but would rather not :))

Well my not talking about discipline for kids.
Men are the head of the house and must be respected at all times.
Women get punished if they do submit.

Well my not talking about discipline for kids.
Men are the head of the house and must be respected at all times.
Women get punished if they do submit.

That was going to be my guess.

Protocol based D/s relationship then. Yes some poly households follow strict protocol guidelines. Some going so far as living a gorean lifestyle

ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorean

Your best bet for that specific version of poly would be www.fetlife.com which has a large D/s poly community with varying degrees of what you are looking for.

So short answer is yes...:)

This site is more specific to the relationship side of poly...not the fetish side. Although a number of us have experience with the kink side of the world :D

Welcome to the forums

One point of clarification...

When Ariakas talks about dominance and submission, he refers to a context in which the submissive person can choose to end the scenario at any point by saying a 'safe word', which essentially calls a time out to discuss what's wrong. If the submissive does not have the power to set boundaries in this fashion, or some other, then it is not consensual and I would not call it polyamory on that basis.

In cahoots,
~S

One point of clarification...

When Ariakas talks about dominance and submission, he refers to a context in which the submissive person can choose to end the scenario at any point by saying a 'safe word', which essentially calls a time out to discuss what's wrong. If the submissive does not have the power to set boundaries in this fashion, or some other, then it is not consensual and I would not call it polyamory on that basis.

In cahoots,
~S

Sort of, the Gorean (btw just an example, there are others) collective would disagree. I might have the term wrong (D/s) but there are a large group of people who live the life of male dominance over the women in the family with various discipline techniques used as punishment to keep the women in line. And they identify as polyamorous as they love their master, each other etc.

I don't pretend to full understand it, but it is out there :)

I am definitely not a master of the abbreviations and terminology by any stretch. :)

I believe the answer is, if you look long enough, yes. It may require considerable patience, but if you are clear about what you desire in your mind, and refuse to settle for less, then eventually you can find someone who shares your desires.

Obviously, social networking in the right areas can speed up your search...

Thank you Everyone. To update: I joined FetLife and I am chatting to a few like minded people.
Its was so easy. And here I was thinking maybe I weird.
:D.

A ~ I found out the name of the relationship I want, its a 1950's relationship. And others call it CDD christian Domestic Discipline Ill skip that name.

Lack of safe words does not equal non-consensual. Consent does not require safe words.

You can consent to enter a D/s relationship with no safe words, and in so doing, you consent to anything that happens within the relationship. You are still a legally free citizen with the right to end the relationship at any time you see fit, even the middle of a scene. Staying in the relationship constitutes continued consent to the things that happen in that relationship.

This type of relationship is sometimes referred to as "Master/slave" as opposed to "Dominant/submissive" in order to emphasize the level of control. However there are some Master/slave relationships which also use safe words, so you can never take anything for granted.

I have a friend who has a slave, and when they were setting up their relationship, it was the slave who insisted that he not be permitted a safe word. He felt that for him personally, having a safe word would prohibit the feeling of total submission. It was a personal decision and he's never claimed that no submissives should have safe words, only that it was not appropriate to have one himself.

That being said, there were times where he's said "no" when ordered to do something during a scene. he would be punished for saying "no." You cannot, by definition, be punished for using your safe word.

But afterwards, they would discuss why he had refused the order. She knew that being a Mistress did not grant her omniscience, that there would be times when her slave would see dangers that she could not see. She likened it to a seeing eye dog preventing its Master from entering a busy intersection. She trusted his loyalty and knew that his refusal was an issue of safety, not insolence.

They've been happily married for 27 years, so I think it's safe to say, that's what works for them. She has other submissives with whom she insists on safe words. So there you have it: polyamorous with a relationship that has no safe words. Proof by example!

Last edited:
I'll clarify my point. The emphasis in my prior point is on 'consensual', with the safe word as one (albeit likely) method for ensuring consensuality.

At least IMO, It matters that the slave/bottom/submissive/whatever label you choose be able to walk away-- call time out, leave the room, end the relationship-- whatever line they choose to draw. Otherwise it crosses over from BDSM to abuse, and the latter doesn't belong in my poly. I'd feel comfortable leaving abuse out of everyone's poly, to be honest; it's about the only line of that sort I can imagine myself drawing.

In cahoots,
~me

At least IMO, It matters that the slave/bottom/submissive/whatever label you choose be able to walk away-- call time out, leave the room, end the relationship-- whatever line they choose to draw. Otherwise it crosses over from BDSM to abuse, and the latter doesn't belong in my poly.

Okey dokey, now we're on the same page. I agree that if someone has no ability to walk away whatsoever, that's kidnapping.

Safe words came about because it's not uncommon for a bottom to squeal "No no stop please stop!" as part of the scene, but what they really mean is "Yes yes more please more!" You need some way to distinguish "no means no" (rape) from "no means yes" (acting out a scene). That's where safe words come in. You're unlikely to yell "banana!" as a natural expression of pain.

In some relationships/scenes, there are no "safe words" per se, because "no means no" and "stop means stop". As long as this has all been negotiated ahead of time, there's no necessary reason your safe word can't be "no" or "stop" or "wait a sec"

I don't really see the preclusion between "abuse" and "poly" unless you necessarily include "healthy" into a definition of "poly." In my books, poly just means having multiple loving relationships where your partners know of each other's existence. While, ideally, no one would be in any abusive relationship, poly relationships can be abusive just as easily as mono ones.

In other words, I don't think it's fair to all the struggling people who don't have healthy relationships to say "that's not poly." That makes it sound like we're some elitist group that only allows healthy people to be members. But poly people can have mental illnesses, poly people can have poor communication, poly people can make repeated mistakes. All of those can lead to unhealthy relationships, but none of them (in my books) preclude those people from being poly.

It's like saying, abusive relationships aren't relationships. Well, of course they are, they just aren't healthy relationships...

Pam-
We have a polyamorous relationship with domestic discipline with Me(the one male) as head of household. So, yes we are out there. Anyone else?

Yeah, abuse definitely does not preclude poly. Both the men I've dated acted in an abusive fashion and both were poly. There are no set ways to determine consent in kink. It's different for a lot of different people. I prefer to judge on a more individual basis. I am a spanko but I prefer more light-hearted role play to actual 24/7 power dynamics. However, I see no reason why there could not be DD poly household. As long as everything is negotiated to your satisfaction. Just like there are M/s and D/s poly dynamics.

Back