Ellies intro!

EllieGold

Hello everyone! My name is Ellie! I've been in a poly triad for a few months now. Its been wonderful with a few ups and downs of course but there's no relationship that doesn't. Were happily working through things 😊
Right now I'm taking time in myself and the things I enjoy such as writing and drawing. I am also hoping to find some friends of similar mindset and just be able to talk things with. None of my friends are poly and its not that they don't support it or anything but they don't see the same things in the same light. I'm also open to just meeting people. I like have friends 😋
Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear back from someone. Have a wonderful day 💙

Greetings Ellie,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

You seem like an enjoyable and outgoing person, you like to have friends and there is nothing wrong with that. You will be able to make some like-minded friends here; all you have to do is keep reading and posting on the various boards, and people will respond to you. Fireplace and General Poly Discussions might be good places to start. I hope you enjoy your stay on Polyamory.com!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Greetings Ellie,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

You seem like an enjoyable and outgoing person, you like to have friends and there is nothing wrong with that. You will be able to make some like-minded friends here; all you have to do is keep reading and posting on the various boards, and people will respond to you. Fireplace and General Poly Discussions might be good places to start. I hope you enjoy your stay on Polyamory.com!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!
Thank you for the welcome! I will certainly go check those out!

Hello everyone! My name is Ellie! I've been in a poly triad for a few months now. Its been wonderful with a few ups and downs of course but there's no relationship that doesn't. Were happily working through things 😊
Right now I'm taking time in myself and the things I enjoy such as writing and drawing. I am also hoping to find some friends of similar mindset and just be able to talk things with. None of my friends are poly and its not that they don't support it or anything but they don't see the same things in the same light. I'm also open to just meeting people. I like have friends 😋
Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear back from someone. Have a wonderful day 💙
Hi Ellie,
Welcome to the forum, I am also new here and I have a very similar mindset and feeling with my own friends. Sometimes it is not easy as people rarely understand even if they accept so I cannot ask for advice on relationship matters too much from my friends. I crochet in my free time, creating nice and cute amigurumis :) but I like drawing and other crafty things too.

Hi Ellie,
Welcome to the forum, I am also new here and I have a very similar mindset and feeling with my own friends. Sometimes it is not easy as people rarely understand even if they accept so I cannot ask for advice on relationship matters too much from my friends. I crochet in my free time, creating nice and cute amigurumis :) but I like drawing and other crafty things too.
Hi there bun! Nice to meet you! You couldn't have said that so perfectly! If you wanna chat some more I would love to DM you and get to know you some more! Lmk!

Welcome. I talk to my wife and girlfriend. I have two friends that I can talk to about poly. Girlfriend has two she can talk to. My wife has one. This group has been a great place to learn as well as vent.

Welcome. I talk to my wife and girlfriend. I have two friends that I can talk to about poly. Girlfriend has two she can talk to. My wife has one. This group has been a great place to learn as well as vent.
Its comforting to know they're are people out there to talk to! I hope I can find some good souls too 😊

Hi there bun! Nice to meet you! You couldn't have said that so perfectly! If you wanna chat some more I would love to DM you and get to know you some more! Lmk!
Hi Ellie,
Sure thing! It would be great to have a closer friend and get to know each other better.
It feels like 'pen pals' when we were children :)

Hi Ellie (and Bun),
I am also hoping to find some friends of similar mindset and just be able to talk things with. None of my friends are poly and its not that they don't support it or anything but they don't see the same things in the same light.

I'm also in the same situation. I don't have anyone I can talk to about poly relationships. Everyone I know are in monogamous relationships.

Recently, I was with a woman who was in a polyamorous relationship with her husband. I was friends with them for many years. About 2 years ago, she came out to me that she was poly which took my by surprise.

She proposed that we start a physical relationship. I hesitated at first because I had no experience and little knowledge of what poly meant. But I eventually pursued it.

Our relationship lasted for about 1.5 years. And ended my friendship with the husband.

I'm new to this forum and look forward to hearing and sharing experiences. And learning from them. :)

Reactions: Bun
Back