Fun and Frolic With Long-Term Love

I love that whole look on you. The shoes are killer. And you look great too.
Happy Birthday.

Thanks! The shoes were like $12 from Payless! Definitely worth it - I get compliments on them on style boards and in person, all the time. :)

The dress is officially the hoochie-est thing I currently own. Lol I feel pretty fabulous in it, and I get a lot of double-takes from guys when I wear it. That said, I don't have many places to wear it to really!

To give more detail on my day yesterday, I woke up next to DarkKnight, and he made me a delicious French toast & bacon breakfast. Unfortunately, there was a miscommunication, because I wanted 4 triangles, and he served me 4 entire slices! The blueberries were amazing, and the toast itself was cooked to perfection. So of course, I ate all 4 slices.

I groaned on the couch for quite a while afterward, hating the fact that I have no self control. We watched an episode of Black Mirror together, and then I went downstairs to shower & dress. PunkRock had other ideas, and we had some birthday sex after some talking and snuggling.

DarkKnight was working on my cake - every year, he makes me a carrot cake from scratch, so PunkRock and I went out to run some errands. We had lunch at 5 Guys, and at Home Depot he bought some supplies for my daughter's new apartment. (He is going over there on Monday to fix up her screens and hang some blinds.) We oohed and ahhhed over the dinosaur skeleton lawn ornaments, and solidified my determination to buy the Triceratops next month. :) We also hit Sam's Club, because PunkRock needed some more nicotine gum - he's down to the 2 mg or mcg level (I forget which they use to measure the amount) but I am not sure how long it will take him to decrease further.

When we got back to the house, PunkRock and I watched a different episode of Black Mirror - the Playtest episode. Gah! He was unimpressed, but I think it's one of the better ones, honestly. As soon as it finished, SirGawain had arrived, and we all then left to go to dinner.

Y'all, I have been salivating all week over the thought of Mango Grill. Their Indian food is like, my favoritest thing ever. So, of course when we arrive, they have their buffet going. I hate their fucking buffet! I wanted to cry. Their chicken tikka masala is amazeballs off the menu, but on the buffet it seriously drops off the scale completely for me. So after asking the waitress upon entering, it's determined that even though they initially say we can order from the menu, their cook has actually left and that wouldn't be possible. So we left before being seated.

I was so seriously bummed, you guys. It seemed like a not-so-good omen.

After some discussion, we drove over to Nikko's, which is the Hibachi place in town. I was there two years ago with WarMan and PunkRock for my birthday, so that was mildly amusing. The food was excellent, but before it finally started being prepared, I was almost in tears! When we arrived, the hostess was no where in sight, and we stood around much too long waiting for her to appear. After she seated us, another party was seated next to us - which is both expected and totally fine - but then we were completely forgotten. We sat there for at least 10 minutes before a waitress appeared, looking aggravated - no one had told her that we were her table. Then, halfway through taking everyone's drink order, the floor manager interrupted her and asked if he could move us to the other side of the restaurant, because then we could get our food cooked quicker. Everyone was kinda like, what?

So we moved - all four of us and the other couple. As we got up, the waitress asked the manager if we were still going to be her table, and he told her "I hdont know." That was a bit disconcerting. The place we were seated had a family of 3 already there, being served the soup and salad course, but after dropping that food off, THAT waitress promptly ignored all of us. We sat there for another 15 minutes, wondering wtf was happening, before our waitress from the original table appeared and took our drink orders again.

I have yet to write reviews on either restaurant, but they are certainly going to get some shit from me.

When we got home, my kids had decorated the game room, and we ate cake as I opened presents. I got spoiled - a mother-daughter mani-pedi day, a big bucket of my favorite sea salt carmel gelato and a new set of Petri dishes for Pandemic (the ones I have already were labeled and used with the Legacy game we finished earlier this year). DarkKnight and PunkRock went in on a copy of Mansions of Madness 2nd edition for me, which is the game I have been freaking out over all year. I was so very excited to get this!

Overall, it was an amazing feeling to get presents. :) That said, SirGawain didn't get me anything, which made me feel really unsettled. We had talked about my issues previously, so I am not sure why he showed up empty handed, but he did. I did some quick breathing/calming exercises when I realized there was nothing there from him, and all was well. I honestly feel I did an amazing job with my emotions and receiving gifts last night, especially with that situation popping up. I am not sure how to broach the topic without seeming like a gimme pig, so I am not sure what to do yet. I wish I had money left in the flex account, because some guidance from my therapist would be appreciated right now, but unfortunately I won't have any more visits until 2018.

Seriously though, it felt like I was staring at my ex-husband from across the table, and at first I thought I was going to leave, because I was so very confused. I stopped myself and tried to just ignore everything, and concentrate on breathing and focus on opening up Mansions of Madness to cover my distress.

After cake and presents we played Crappy Birthday, as we always do on birthdays, followed by 3 rounds of We Didn't Playtest This at All. Then my kids left, and I said goodnight to SirGawain.

I spent the rest of my birthday evening trying on outfits for today - our Pandemic Legacy friend (and PunkRock's co-worker) had his mother pass away a few days ago, so we are going to the funeral this morning.

After getting in bed and playing some Words with Friends with PunkRock for awhile, we had a conversation about him starting to date. This was a continuation of a discussion we had that morning, and it made me feel anxious. He clarified a couple of things, and I think we are both on the same page. Nothing has changed much from our last talk about this - which was like 2 years ago. All of my feelings on the topic are the same, and it seems so are PunkRock's. It remains a positive thing, but we both agree he needs to read More Than Two before heading off into the wild. �� We had finished several chapters way back when but then he decided he wanted to stay monogamous for a while longer and we stopped with it. Today I am going to talk to him about starting back up, reading this together. I am not at all sure what kind of timeline this will entail. I read quickly, but PunkRock takes more time with things.This will totally be on him to move forward-I am ready to go when he is.:)

Last edited:
Happy birthday ya young whipper snapper!

😊😊😊😊😊🎂🎈🎈 Ventris

OMG. The game I got for my birthday is AMAZING! A great cooperative Cthulhu mythos that feels very immersive. A mash up of Zombicide-like tiles that are placed with a similar Betrayal at House on the Hill mechanic. I love exploring! There's an app that acts as a GM, and all together, the game is complete and total Awesomesauce. PunkRock, DarkKnight and I played the recommended first scenario last night and had a blast! DarkKnight and I both went insane, but then I died, leaving the two guys to fail the scenario. Holy crap though, it was great!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/gHwUW9966CF5Ip23HhsUUsOZmpSdImJVPPcqBXQqApw

PunkRock is heading to Frederick today to see his friend, so he's going to drop me off to spend some time with SirGawain. It'll just be for a couple of hours, but hey, I'll take it. :)

So I spent my time with SirGawain the other day, cleaning his bathroom and planning a makeover. He wants to spruce it up and make it look decent. Just cleaning it was making a world of difference! To be fair, I made him do a lot of scrubbing. lol He reminds me of several people I know - willing to do the work if you just tell them what to do. Like, a job looks extremely overwhelming unless you tell them step by step what to complete. One thing I am great at, is laying on a bed and giving out orders. lolololol

PunkRock and I had issues that night after we got home. He and I had been super flirty and silly all day when we were together, and he got me to agree to vacuum his bedroom topless. The exchange was that I would get to see his penis while I was cleaning, to help motivate me. lol Just ridiculous stuff. Well, I held up my end of the bargain, and it ended up being a big thing because I immediately felt self conscious about my weight, and crawling around on a dirty floor with your rolls in plain view didn't make me comfortable at all. PunkRock got on the bed and just watched me, never saying a word. The entire experience was terrible for me, especially since he didn't show me a boner. I stopped a couple of times and told him that this wasn't working for me, but he didn't do anything. When the chore was complete, I told him that it sucked ass that he didn't follow through and it made me feel like complete and total shit. He again didn't respond, so I left to go upstairs for dinner.

After dinner, he asked if we could play Mansions of Madness (DarkKnight and I had played and lost that morning together) and so we did, with DarkKnight. We decided to try the most difficult scenario and we won! It was a blast. I went to bed with PunkRock that night, feeling much better. He apologized later and said he just couldn't get a hard on and his intention was never to make me feel terrible. So yeah, we worked it out, but hell.

Yesterday I spent a chunk of the afternoon at my daughter's place with PunkRock, as he had agreed to help her out by installing some screens and some blinds in her new apartment. Which, arguably should be done by the landlord, but he got her all squared away. Michigan and I spent time together in her hot-as-hell loft area, where she asked me to tell her what to do, so I again sat while I gave instructions on how to unpack and clean up and organize. We got about half of the stuff finished, and she now has a list of stuff she needs to purchase, like a new desk chair and some floor pillows.

Last night was weird in that I couldn't fall asleep no matter what I did. Nothing was bothering me or anything; my mind was just AWAKE. I ended up going down to PunkRock's bedroom at 1 am, and he promptly rolled me over and fucked me in the ass. I was asleep by 3 then. LOLOLOL

Today I have back to back Chemistry sessions, and one is actually starting an hour earlier, because I have one kiddo with a lab to make up, and another retaking a quiz. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but I am exhausted! SirGawain is picking me up in the late evening, as he has another job interview in DC today at a law firm. This works out ok, as DarkKnight and I are going to work together in the kitten room to try and get it cleared out from the basement stuff that is currently stored in there. Our local shelter is filled up with animals and they really need us to take a couple of litters. So, we are going to do that as soon as possible. PunkRock was working last night on getting the first coat of drylock on the walls in the unfinished basement, so I think he'll be slapping on another coat today. He's on vacation until Thursday - he took off since last Friday. :)

I am not feeling well today - half my kids in class were sick this week, but still came, so I feel like it's inevitable that things are going to head downhill soon. I feel achy and crappy. I don't wanna get sick though - I have been washing my hands like a crazy person.

I went and got a makeover today and spent way too much on makeup. I needed new foundation and bronzer though. I hate that it's so expensive! I did buy some lipstick - I never, ever wear it, but I figured I would give it a shot. I liked what she put on me, so I bought it. It's a Smashbox color called Audition.

Here is a Before shot - me, no makeup at all, in my car.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/Niu8GJwu8QVNLkwH7SneOgVSxqGd0AL2tIc85Bt0hFl

I feel tired just looking at that photo!

This is After.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/MtLLwdwnqyA4b2IE6THfdf2GayjJUsyQuE7MpPPHZaL

Hey Bluebird, I hadn't read your blog in a week. So I am catching up.

Thanks for explaining more about your dynamic with SirGawain. I however, thought you wanted a 3rd relationship to get into subbing to a Dom. Seems he is a natural sub. You "telling him what to do," in order to get his bathroom cleaned up, for example, makes it sound like you are Domming him, not vice versa.

How will that "real life" dynamic affect or translate into him Domming you sexually, kinkwise? Especially since he is unused to it. Do you Domme him into Domming you?

I myself and Pixi too, have both been with men who had been pretty much lifelong subs, and wanted to "try on" Domming us (these are 2 different men, I mean, not any group dynamic).

It was awkward for me with my guy, who was single. He was OK at doing impact play on me. But, he also had a messy apartment, I mean borderline hoarder stuff. I helped him clean up both his bathrooms (I loved doing that-- they were both vintage early 60s pink and turquoise tiled, gorgeous), his kitchen (full of hoarded takeout containers, ew), and his spare bedroom which was just full of storage of inherited stuff. I redecorated his living room with his coolest inherited stuff. He had a couch in his bedroom that we moved into the living room. Etc.

But once the apartment was pretty much cleaned up, I lost interest in him since he was cleaning "for me," and only continued to clean "for me" in the hours before I visited. He didn't have a stable ego to the point he would clean for himself.

Anyway, that was just my experience. It may not be relevant to your dynamic.

As for SirGawain not giving you a gift on your birthday, I am sorry you were disappointed, but you did a good job breathing your way through it! Yay you. You said you discussed the gift thing with him previously, but I wonder if he "got" your true feelings around gifts? Since you've known him such a short time, he may not have understood. I think men can be so stupid about gifts, in general. I had to train my ex husband over the years, to not give me food processors and vacuums on my birthday lol. He eventually would just take me shopping and let me pick out something I liked, some clothes or jewelry or whatever.

I'm also sorry about those disappointing restaurants on your birthday! Damn, that sucked. I'm sure you've moved on from it, but I just read it. lol

Well, all of that may be relevant. I guess I won't know until things play out, I suppose. The cleaning isn't really a D/s thing at all. Anymore than messaging DarkKnight and telling him to take out the trash tonight, or when I was vacuuming PunkRock's bedroom. Maybe SirGawain's subby side responds to me telling him what to do, but honestly, even WarMan and I had this sort of dynamic - when I started seeing him, his living room was a "man cave workshop" and he asked me to make it more a place I would feel comfortable. I helped pick out the sheets to his bed, for example.

Right now I am good where SirGawain and I are at. It's interesting how I feel - it's been an easy thing so far. I don't feel pressure or anxiety with a relationship escalator. I'm overall happy with how we are progressing.

Gah - I will write more later. Gotta run to PetSmart with foster cats.

On Friday afternoon, PunkRock and I went to the shelter and brought home 12 foster cats. No, that is not a typo. The shelter has 18 cages for kitten intake, and all were full, and in many cases, doubled up with litters. Also, the adoption floor cages were completely full as well. So, we took home two older cats - Dusty and Poncho - who we stuck in DarkKnight's bedroom, and 10 kittens, who were from different litters.

On Saturday morning I took Dusty and Poncho to the vet first thing, as they needed rabies shots and microchips. Then, I turned around and took them over to PetSmart, to an adoption event. I was pressed into service to facilitate an adoption, and then that evening when I came back to pick them up, I processed three more adoptions! The good news is that two of those were for these boys, so they ended up going home to new families. <3 Poncho is on top in this photo, Dusty is on the bottom.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/VZi3S8xDASmatZvpERCCQDNvaK4w2dGsbonxxLtBcqt

The 10 kittens are now living in my daughter's old bedroom, and it's a complete clusterfuck, for the most part. The trimwork isn't up on the closet space where PunkRock put down linoleum, and we desperately need shelving in there to store donations. We didn't expect to get so many babies all at once, so I've put out a call for help, and so far we've been steadily getting promises and purchases dropped off. Thank goodness!

Let's see - Dobby is a single black kitten who is 10 weeks old that we brought in because she was desperate to go with us. She was separated that day from her mom and siblings, and she had never been alone before. As the runt of the litter, she hadn't grown very much, and when everyone else was big enough to be fixed, she didn't make the cut. So, we bunched her in with the other kittens we took, and she is so very happy! We actually have a potential home for her already, once she gains some weight and gets back on her shot schedule. Here she is with DarkKnight.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/n919nsbgQblbXlHCVu9DdAFe7w5FfhfWkAqISBnwDxj

Then we have a litter of 3 brothers, all orange/cream. Two are like twins, so we named them Fred & George, and with them is Ron. The night they came home, we noticed that Ron was limping, and since then, George also somehow injured his paw. We're keeping an eye on all of them. This is Fred, who cries a lot and demands that I love him, always:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/Zl6v4XipuwsnmqUvPOfSaRf1ylSOiTZalbQPutxUWuG

Ron:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/0pbOrA3Vav5N52GXdBDeo8XxgJhfKltmDTKwSRVzUVX

The rest of the kittens are from a group of six. They had a feral mom, and they came to us extremely hissy and growling a lot. A friend made some pouches for us to wear around, and with those and after being tucked inside hoodies for a few hours, things have improved. This is Harry:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/ohXG6EKkjnqTMPJs9C3Fb6iiGSKlIjfO8nm3z0dPzTX

Ginny:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/0md5vkRdNAkyqAQqGx1J4ZiZ0znSdYeOXbGRCl2H14m

Molly is the most frightened. This morning was the first time she would venture far from her crate:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/yEqU8kAEsBG8zX7zQHDdz4UR5As82aZDJk1Q9hGbQJL

We also have Luna, Hermione, and this little boy named Bob:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/khMIyWS7g30UINw68JAfuy813VO0hCdHC8SXULMxszb

Pictures of our kitten room!

From the bottom - Harry, Ginny and Hermione. We had to add a litter box along this wall, because one of the kittens decided it liked it for a toilet, and then several others agreed. Sigh. So, we put in another box there:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/GPrRYsSozNiwDna8biot0k6WBfg2lwL2ccSRNGnf6sd

Litter area, setup in the closet:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/DoFhqaFqNQq2t8F3LzzUhZcFzvuS1CZVC4b5IcPEh8F

Closeup:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/f1lJJEDuthyga1T5RDuwzktNyK7ueqhfwrJk2vJlYJG

Side view:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/Pz1sSVq7mRLF92ElbGTVrgxUEHj7uzd1UoqgJfvNoMi

Feeding corner:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/vvJCxLppkDLyPwA9hkE8Hv7mY2A9xihWwFIKTqBtACj

I was driving home from a lunch out on Monday, and out of nowhere, my dental implant fell into my lap. I pulled over, got on the phone and demanded an immediate appointment. A regular dentist glued it back into place but recommended I not eat anything on that side of my mouth until the orthodontist had time to see me. You can imagine the distress I was going through! I went home and took a Valium because I was really out of sorts and crazy.

Well, thankfully PunkRock had Tuesday off, and the orthodontist called me in to a meeting yesterday afternoon. PunkRock came for moral support because I wasn't supposed to be medicated for the visit. The orthodontist apologized a million times, since you know, I've now been seeing her for at least three years over this same bullshit. Anyway, the end result is now that they are going to have me see a different oral surgeon, who will remove the entire implant, and put in a completely different one, at no charge. She also refunded me my $1000+ charge for the original implant. She had a check ready to go.

This mollified me a great deal, but honestly, this is all the very least they could do after all of the trauma and insanity that I have gone through. Not to mention the pain! I now have an initial appointment set up with the oral surgeon on next Wednesday, and I am supposed to go unmedicated to that, as it too will just be a discussion appointment. I am nervous about how long this entire process will be, how painful, and if it is even possible - the reason I had the type of implant I got currently is because there wasn't much room because of existing roots in the area.

Gah!

Crazy days! I didn't spend the night with SirGawain as normal on Tuesday night because of the dental nonsense, plus I had a friend arriving with donations for my kittens on Wednesday morning. We are still having stuff trickle in and every little thing has been much needed and appreciated, that's for sure. It's amazing how much these babies run through! I mean, a 24 pack of wet kitten food doesn't even last a week!

I'm not sure what kittens I showed previously, but here are Luna and Ginny!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/7Bm1qK1lPlxpLgZRTfGJiwFW4rMPadp6I5t4KWcC2uf

SirGawain came over on Wednesday during the day instead, and went all around with me to run errands. I'd gotten my period anyway, but I still apologized as being the lamest date ever. I had so much to do however, and apparently he didn't mind. We did finally go hunting for dinosaurs, but Home Depot had sold out of the Triceratops I wanted, so we went home empty handed on that search. (PunkRock got a delivery in today and brought me home one! Here they are with my skeleton cats on my patio!)

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/6sztI3kudOLiaynxmH1jaPWEizxFFU9DmIkEwuHZquV

It was nice to spend time together, and we went to dinner last night to my favorite restaurant - the Mango Grill - and had Indian food with DarkKnight. Both DarkKnight and PunkRock have been sick, but DarkKnight was feeling ok enough to go out. PunkRock though, was pretty wiped after work, so he stayed home and slept so he wouldn't have to miss any work for being ill.

I made out on the couch with SirGawain a little bit but he soon went home.

Today I woke up and took care of my kitten farm, and then I had a kiddo coming in early for extra help. Did two back to back lab classes (burning metal ions) and then my daughter showed up and wanted me to run errands with her. I got another payment from a parent, so I had to deposit that, and then mail my son's rent check for the month. I went to Walmart where my daughter got herself a microwave - and I bought some odds and ends.

After the shopping I made it home in time to watch an episode of House of Cards (I'm on the last season) and then at 6 pm, I woke up DarkKnight as he had taken a nap after work. He's working tomorrow at 2:30 am! Anyway, I went down to wake up PunkRock and he was already up and moving. I ordered pizza and then our two friends arrived to play Call of Cthulhu.

Then, after the game, I took care of my kittens once again, and now I'm in bed.

Check out these little buggers sleeping - Bob and Molly:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/rQrBTcBwZwNbXAw8IqxFUe2wsiH13Vfs06XiAK3MKpd

Tomorrow I have to do some more shopping and pay some bills. I am going to be as lazy as possible - that's the plan, anyway! I think I may be staying over at SirGawain's on Saturday. We will see. :)

So much for being lazy! I spent 2 hours in the morning, cleaning the kitten room. OMG these little fuckers can make such a mess! Afterward, I did some budgeting and then got dressed and went out to do some shopping. I took some of my donations over to the shelter, as they needed some of the stuff more than I do at this point. Then I went to the Home Depot and made some purchases - I bought the trim for the floor and the closet section of the kitten room, as well as a...I don't know what it is called. lol It screws into a light fixture and it has an outlet. We're going to get an air purifier for the kitten room, and we figured that an outlet up by the ceiling will keep the animals off the cord!

I then went to Walmart and bought some new litter pans, some litter, some safety outlet plugs and more kitten-related paraphernalia, including a garbage can to keep in their room, just for litter scoops. I mean, I am scooping litter 3 times a day, and wiping down the floor at least that many times, and it's a pain to have to keep running bags out to the kitchen trash. I figure with this can in the room, we can empty it every evening.

Now I am waiting for a friend to come over and help me snuggle some of these babies!

I had a good time on Saturday with SirGawain. Sexually, things seem to still be going really well between us. We get along outside and inside of the bedroom. Sunday I had a lot going on and PunkRock surprised me with wanting to go see the new Bladerunner early, though we had planned a trip to the movies this coming Saturday to see it. DarkKnight was working, so he and I will go and catch it later this week.

The kittens are still doing great. PunkRock did some work in their room this weekend, and we now have a sweep under the door to separate our cats noses from the babies! He also tied up all the blind cords securely - I had them looped up, but he fastened them back with some plastic cabling made for that purpose. The trim still needs to be installed, but these things were more safety related, so he did those first.

Right now I am waiting for a friend to arrive to help out with the kittens. Then I have a student coming over to make up a lab, as she missed both chemistry classes last week and needs to get back on track. Then I will be heading over to the shelter to grab some medicine for Dobby, as she is still sneezy. All of the kittens go for shots and checkups on Wednesday, but I want Dobby to be well enough by then to be able to start her distemper series! Anyway, in the evening today I will be heading over to Frederick as a friend is celebrating his birthday and he wants to have tacos. :) A guess a group is going, so I invited SirGawain to meet there too. This is the guy that had his mother pass away a few weeks ago, and PunkRock and I went to the funeral. He plays Call of Cthulhu with us and he's our Pandemic Legacy friend. :) Anyway, it's his birthday and PunkRock will be working til 10 pm, so he'll miss the festivities, but I promised to go. :)

Busy day!

I am soooo far behind on paperwork, and my desk area in DarkKnight's office looks like a bomb went off. I am overdue on our annual State of the Union discussion with my guys and it all seems so overwhelming!

This afternoon I emptied one unpacked box in DarkKnight's office. Progress!

I woke up a little before 5:30 feeling absolutely terrible. PunkRock has a cold and I am 100% sure he has passed this lovely on to me. Ugh. So far it isn't completely debilitating, as it's just some stuffies and post nasal drip. I took two Dayquil and so far life is ok.

Gosh, do I ever write about how much I love my guys? PunkRock was the allstar yesterday! He had the day off but had to devote the entire thing to me. I had an unmedicated dental visit and it was not very fun. I managed to survive without Valium, but I was shaky after. I have new people working on my mouth, and a new treatment plan. I will go back on November 1 to have the existing implant completely removed, including the socket that is currently screwed into my jaw. The roots on the adjacent teeth curve toward the jawbone there, so the space is really too tight underneath for a different type of implant, without using Invisalign to move things.

SO the decision I've made is to give up on the implant idea and just close the space. I have to get Invisalign either way, and there is a chance that a new implant might not take. I do not want to prolong the horror. When the existing implant is removed, I'll be having new scans taken and an entirely new series of Invisalign aligners will be ordered.

The bottom set I will have for about 6 months +, to close the gap. This will cause my upper teeth to get wonky and look ridiculous, so we looked at some computer models and they are going to get me a new series for that too - probably 3 or so months to move those back and stretch out some to adjust to the bottom changes.

When all of the movement is complete, I will then go in to have tissue removed from the roof of my mouth and have it grafted over the gum recession the implant trauma has caused.

It'll be a process, but it should bring me back to something I can live with.

I still want to cry my eyes out. This is so very awful, but I can't fathom the amount of drugs involved. The oral surgeon told me he is giving me something new for the November 1 visit - that I should take the Valium the night before, but to come unmedicated in the morning and he will hook me up, because it's going to be a very painful procedure. FML

So, yeah. PunkRock took me to my dental appointment and then sat through it with me. He's a trooper.

Later in the evening, he drove me and all ten kittens to the shelter to get their shots and stuff done. TEN KITTENS. Ugh. It ended up being a great trip because the vet tech taught him how to give shots, so in the future, they can send the supplies to us and we can administer the medicine/vaccinations at home and not have to transport everyone. The good news is that all but 2 of the kittens are now over 2 pounds, so this morning I was able to call and get them scheduled to be fixed. The girls are going next Thursday morning, and the boys are next Friday morning. The two littlest are 1.81 and 1.62 pounds, so they don't have far to grow, so the vet scheduled them as well. If they are too small at that time, no harm done - we'll just bring them back to the house. Hopefully though, they will get a little fatter by the next week.

There is an adoption event next weekend, so the babies will all be able to go and hopefully find homes then. Dobby is being adopted by a friend who lives in Long Island, so PunkRock and I are going to travel to take her up there the weekend before Halloween. It's just going to be a day trip, but it's a trip! :)

Today I am waiting now for my chemistry kids to all arrive to start their labs. We have quizzes today too. DarkKnight has a half day, which is crappy since I can't spend it with him. Lame. He just left though to pick up the vouchers for the kittens from the clinic, so they can get fixed, and to bring me home some lunch. I'm not supposed to eat during lab but I'm going to die if I don't get some food. lol

Tonight I plan on spending with SirGawain, if I can get my shit together. I spent an hour cleaning the kitten room this morning and then ignoring all other responsibilities. I need to pay a couple of bills and do some budgeting. I did laundry last night, but that needs to be put away, and I have a larger bin of dirty stuff down in the basement, in PunkRock's bedroom. Ugh.

Tomorrow night DarkKnight and I are going to see a stage show of Dracula.

Last edited:
I spent Friday morning with SirGawain, babying a horrific headache. Other than that, the illness I started experiencing on Thursday seems to have disappeared completely, thank goodness. We were up super late on Thursday night/Friday morning, watching Stranger Things. I had forgotten so much since watching it for the first time, so I found it enjoyable still, and SirGawain had never seen it. I am seriously excited about the new season coming out in a couple weeks!

So yeah, Friday. DarkKnight picked me up from SirGawain's and my headache was raging. I had taken some meds but they decided they weren't going to work right away. :( I stopped and got all my hair cut off anyway - I couldn't stand the thickness and length anymore! Here's a photo, but it was taken without any product in it.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/GJhidzi4SsPwy95w7s8QETbIxkEZ99WqBfxhtQwwa9b

After the haircut, I got home, took a shower and then crawled into bed with PunkRock for a long nap. I woke up refreshed and got dressed for a datenight with DarkKnight. Check it out y'all! A friend of mine tracked these down for me and bought them as a surprise! Mummy leggings!!!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/HDIM7nFiHYCJfJLrJo6glcU7fS5MB61sbHCASgyoZOG

Originally I was going to wear a skirt, but it was chilly out today, and hey, new leggings. lol DarkKnight had purchased tickets for us to go see a stage production of Dracula, so I felt like these were appropriate. Lol We did dinner at Bon Chon, a Korean/American fusion chain restaurant. So yummy!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/r0AgVx6ilaiqfBtby6tItRzkc2LS8dk8henKzoKdxpU

Dracula was VERY well done. DarkKnight and I knew a couple of the actors from the dinner theater DarkKnight is involved with, so that was pretty cool. When we got home, it was already 11 pm. I was supposed to have a sleepover with PunkRock, but I canceled that since he had to be up today at 4 am for work again, so I let him go to bed, and instead I snuggled up with DarkKnight.

This morning I made a long lariat necklace to match the mummy leggings, as I felt something was missing with my outfit yesterday. Milton helped.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/51867loABLgSvkHzhyEaBaSnuOKsjJ1yRbsjcWM6KhI

I'm about to pop into the shower and get ready to go to see the new BladeRunner movie again. DarkKnight hasn't seen it yet, so this means I get to watch it a second time!

I need to do some grocery shopping today, so I will have to get that done after the movie. Yesterday evening when we had returned home, I was horrified to see the state of affairs at home - having 3 partners and teaching two days a week is starting to cause me to fall behind in domestic duties! I emptied 8 litter boxes and put away some laundry. I am planning on cleaning the fridge and getting the groceries squared away today, and hopefully squeezing in vacuuming someplace in the schedule! To be fair, the kittens demand hours of my time, and I think they have been stealing a lot of my housework slots. They are filthy - I have to scoop litter 3 times a day, sweep once a day, and wipe down everything frequently. And then of course, they need tummy time and snuggling to keep them social.

No regrets though. I love my life!

Fred and George, the Weasley twins

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/o0rhy124blrPdiOHNzWkq7ULQsAc9Sa7B7PVJzHmTgU

Molly. She's still the most feral, but she no longer hisses. She doesn't trust us yet, but she at least tolerates us holding her for small time periods. Right now she's on medication for a scratch on her mouth - you can kinda see it in the photo.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/o0Gr4psYf7rNewICk7q9G4ABQ47zfFZNQ12f9hL8IeL

Last edited:
Back