Fun and Frolic With Long-Term Love

613AC993-F39A-4AAB-8139-547C6B4818A2.jpegI surprised DarkKnight yesterday evening with tickets to see Rent. It was a one-night only performance, and we had a good time. I actually accidentally met up with a friend who moved to Florida a few years ago - she was sitting one row across from us!

I woke up with a cough. Gross. I canceled everything for today and just went back to bed. I woke up a short bit ago and now I am awaiting lunch - MisterMoonbeam is getting me Panera’s autumn squash soup through DoorDash.

I’m pretty sure this from being naked in the hot tub and on the porch at night while on vacation. Ugh.

ugh - had to get a Covid test today. My doctor wouldn’t see me without doing one first so now I have to wait. I’m pretty pissed but it is what it is, I guess. I don’t have Covid. I have the start of bronchitis, which I seem to get every spring and fall. I need a zpack and since he’s a new doctor, he wants to see me. But first, Covid test. So I did that this morning. Hopefully I get a negative early tomorrow so I can still get in to the office in the afternoon. I do not want to suffer with this cough all weekend!

Negative Covid Test. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can get in to the doctor tomorrow!

This cough is killing me! It’s definitely settling in to stay. Fuck. I’m miserable. It’s still just a cough, but it’s moving on to bronchitis: I can feel it. Every year. Why?! It sucks.

You're exposed to hundreds of people through your Blessing Box, many of whom may not be in the best of health. Do you still wear a mask every time you are in contact with people? People who mask get less infections. Masks don't just protect against Covid.

You're exposed to hundreds of people through your Blessing Box, many of whom may not be in the best of health. Do you still wear a mask every time you are in contact with people? People who mask get less infections. Masks don't just protect against Covid.
Oh yeah, I mask as much as possible. Most of my interactions aren’t even that close - I hand things through a crack in the door. If I’m talking to someone, I socially distance. Soooo many people here are sick. Our county has the worst Covid rate in the state.

DarkKnight and MisterMoonbeam have had their flu shot, but I haven’t had the opportunity yet. I don’t have the flu though, thank goodness!

At the doctor. I’m seeing a PA I don’t know. Lovely. I’m hoping he throws a Z-pack and some steroids at me. I don’t have the money to come back in a couple of weeks with full blown pneumonia. I can’t be miserable for Hamilton next weekend!

The doctor hooked me up with a couple of prescriptions, and a promise of more next Wednesday if someone worse off. So I am happy!

I spent the afternoon with my two oldest in Waynesboro - I bought them both lunch and then we went grocery shopping. I paid my son’s rent, and he gave me his first pay check from his new job to get cashed.

I’m now home in my pajamas, binging Sister Wives. I’ve watched this show before, just not the last two seasons. Now the new season is starting and one of the wives actually left the dude, so I am really interested to rewatch.

I’ve also been chatting on the phone and in emails with the economic development office of our city, and they have a building available which is ABSOLUTELY perfect for both my Blessing Box and Cat Cafe. Like, I can SEE the setup in my mind there. It’s 3 stories, with apartments up above. We would qualify for a $25,000 improvement grant for the facade, and since it’s already in terrific shape, we could use it to add in wheelchair ramps. The apartments we don’t know about - it’s been empty for a while. The owners are retiring and it’s been empty. Squeeeeee

I am still sick. This cough is just exhausting! I haven’t seen SirGawain in two weeks and I am in my feelings about it. I missed my appointment today with the dermatologist because I was asleep.

Another night of next to no sleep. Just coughing. I have little doubt that my doctor will be getting a message tomorrow, requesting a Zpack and a steroid. He told me when he saw me last week that he’d send a prescription over on Wednesday if I was still coughing. Well, it’s Tuesday and I am a mess.

Unfortunately, being stuck awake with a hacking cough isn’t what I need right now. For whatever reason, last night I was just completely stressed out and thinking about all of my goals and all of the issues blocking those, and allllll the things I need to finish up by the end of the year. I’m really overwhelmed just thinking about it.

BugGirl is here again today already. I’ve been seeing her almost every day, as she’s been coming by and just wanting to be involved with the family. She seems to be doing wonderfully with her sobriety, and I hope it continues! Today she is here to help me focus on getting the minivan cleaned out so we can tow it to the shop and get a list of what needs to happen to have it pass inspection. We need it road worthy, and BugGirl needs it road worthy. There’s literally maybe 5 totes shoved in it, that need to be sorted through and removed from it. Then maybe vacuumed and we can get it out of there.

Okay, I got the van cleared out today with minimal help from my daughter. Lol There was actually not much we had to do, so that was good. I called the repair shop but they can’t get us in until Monday, so I will deal with getting it towed there after the weekend. That’s one small thing off my to do list though!

Tomorrow morning I need to take DarkKnight to work so I can keep the car and take BugGirl to Frederick. She’s cleaning at SirGawain’s on Wednesdays and Sundays now. He pays her $20 an hour and he needs the help, so she’s happy to go. After she gets finished, I also need to drive to Waynesboro to see my son again. Ugh. My days off suck.

I am soooooo tired! I got exactly 2 hours of sleep last night because of this stupid cough. I am seriously dragging ass. Good news is that I did get the steroid and Zpack picked up from Walgreens this afternoon, so hopefully those will kick in and fix this.

I got to see SirGawain today! Oh my gosh I missed him so fucking much, you guys! He was working from home today, so when I took BugGirl there to do cleaning this morning, there he was. He was just wearing boxer briefs in the bedroom - OMG I wanted to eat him up! I was too exhausted to grab him in places though. When I finally got back home and was alone, I just sat for a bit and thought about how incredibly amazing it is that we are together in spite of the drama in the past. I really, really love him. I hope things continue to go well. These last two weeks going without seeing him have affected me - I kinda wanna cry just writing this because the relief in seeing his face and getting hugs has made me emotional. I NEED him in my life.

I was out and about early this morning - I took DarkKnight to work so I could keep the car. BugGirl popped over early (and will be here til tonight) and I worked on my Senior Santa and Teen Christmas lists. I’m STILL getting phone calls from seniors, and this morning I had two messages from parents of teens. I’m a sucker so I’m still letting them join. Next week the main teen list will be sent to our primary donor, so that will definitely be shut down for new sign ups even behind the scenes then.

I need to do some household chores and budgeting before we leave for our Philadelphia trip tomorrow. We’ve got HAMILTON tickets for Saturday!!! It’s a 3 hour drive, so we are thinking of stopping in Lancaster tomorrow to do an escape room on our journey up.

So far today I have been bubbly and upbeat. I showered, and I’m dressed. After posting this I’m going to go dry my hair and get the Box filled so I can go to a meeting at 11 am. I’m connecting up with the local Goodwill headquarters building - the person in charge there is letting me use their location for our Christmas Decoration Giveaway this year, so I am nailing down the specifics so I can share details with some accuracy.

I am still up from seeing SirGawain yesterday, and he called me later on in the evening and sounded super positive himself. I had some good sex with MisterMoonbeam last night, and things are solid with me and DarkKnight. Yay!

Awake! So excited to go road trippin’ with two of my favorite people today! We only have a couple of timed events on our schedule today - I paid for an escape room this afternoon, and we have to check in to the Philly hotel after 4 pm.

Photos from our Hamilton weekend! 8514EB8B-14B6-4A1F-A762-A17EE6E54E6F.jpeg
Driving to Philly. We switched up seats along the way - I drove the first two hours, actually!

D0D3EABE-0037-4B99-9CD7-C87F0735939C.jpeg
Stopped in Lancaster for lunch and an escape room loss!

E3D46544-4BCE-4130-BCDB-69F411B705DA.jpeg
Saturday morning breakfast at an American Vietnamese restaurant

DCC7979A-4F92-42A1-8892-D4EAC0C5E21E.jpeg
Me and DarkKnight

5ACD1BC5-1728-445A-9CBC-EA527CEB4F9F.jpeg
Me and MisterMoonbeam

16F02141-444D-4BBC-BE07-378AF4B5D720.jpeg
We had PHENOMENAL seats. I couldn’t imagine better! 2nd row center in the first elevated section of the theater.

E635240D-CC99-48AE-B4F2-93C4058A86E4.jpeg
I fucking love my life.

I was able to have dinner with SirGawain last night after arriving home from Philadelphia. He spent the afternoon with BugGirl - she handled the feeding of our cats on Sunday, and the litter, and then was cleaning at SirGawain’s house. So he brought her back to the transition home and met me at my place, where I picked him up to run a couple of errands and then we went to Texas Roadhouse.

I was so very happy to see him, but he was not touchy-feely or affectionate much. He gave me a kiss goodbye at the end and said he was excited to have me sleep over on Tuesday night. It’s weird to me that over the course of the months that we have been back together that his PDA has dropped off to like zero. It worries me a bit. Like, is he finding me less attractive?

We did have a good discussion at dinner about him letting me know what he needs from the relationship. While I was out of town, I was contacted by a guy that DarkKnight and I used to do respite foster care for, oh, about 15 years ago? He’s VERY high special needs but does live independently with some support. This kiddo (he’s in his late 20s now lol) asked if he could stay with us during Thanksgiving break, as all of his family resources are deceased at this point.

I wanted to say yes - we strongly considered adopting this guy at one point, so he is near and dear to our hearts. I make it a priority to see him at least once a year when I go to New York to see my family. However, we quickly realized that the cheapest and quickest way to get him down here to Maryland would be for me to drive up and grab him. It’s a 5-6 hour driving trip one way, and I would have to figure out all sorts of logistics about where he’d be once he gets here, and when I’d have to drive back.

Well, when talking to SirGawain on the phone about it, he was like, wait - I haven’t seen you in a while, and if you plan this, I won’t see you in a while - this is worrisome. I actually hadn’t considered that Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK. I thought there was another span of seven days in there! So after hearing him say that, I realized he was absolutely right, and I told my respite kiddo that we couldn’t swing it this year, but I’d make sure to see him when I traveled that way in January.

I really appreciated SirGawain checking me on this. I felt good that he felt he could speak up about me over-extending my schedule and trying to do too much. However, he did bring up again how his relationship with me was secondary - that MisterMoonbeam and DarkKnight were my primary unit, and of course they take precedence in everything. I wanted to beat him in the head with something heavy! I’m like NOOOOOOOOO! Ask for the moon dude - don’t limit yourself! Don’t just assume shit like I’m not going to consider your needs. If you tell me, I can figure it out. If you stay silent, I have no idea. It’s my job to hinge! I was really bummed out by him describing our relationship as less important.

I know this is holdover from his relationship with his ex. I don’t consider him less than in the least. Did he not notice that I completely dropped my life to be there for him while he was in the hospital? I definitely love him like crazy - more so than the previous times we’ve dated. I don’t consider us less than - it’s different, but still equal in many ways. He has pull that he just doesn’t exert.

This morning I am actually writing this while in the Hagerstown Airport Parking lot. MisterMoonbeam has to go into work everyday this week, so he rented a car. I brought him over to pick it up, and he just left. I’m heading out now to go pick up BugGirl at the transition home. She’s going to spend the day with me until she has to go over to the recovery house for a shift - she’s working there part time until she starts her new job in December.

I’m really worried about scheduling through to the new year - there aren’t enough hours in the day! I know I am always busy, but the amount of things I need to accomplish right now is kind of crazy.

So MisterMoonbeam is off on day 2 actually being in the office for work (this week only). It’s weird because I actually didn’t see him this morning, and I won’t at all today because when DarkKnight gets home, I will be off to SirGawain’s. This is a new thing in our relationship! It’s not like, terrible. Just different. I’m used to seeing him when he’s here everyday. I did buy an Unsolved Case File this morning when I saw one was available that we hadn’t done together, and sent him a screenshot. He was happy - and he knows I am thinking of him. ❤️

I actually need to sit and do budgeting but I haven’t had time yet. I spent the morning typing up 41 teens’ Christmas wish lists (5 gifts each) and getting them over to my donor. I have more than that, but this was the big chunk that a local traveling sports team sponsors each year. It took a bit! I also have been answering the door - even though I am not open yet. I had a turkey and ham dropped off, and several of our teen and Senior gifts. I started marking the gifts off, and trying to divide the stacks into which to wrap and which not to wrap. I need to send BugGirl in search of materials to do that! I think there’s a bin of tissue paper and wrapping paper in the shed. That’s on the schedule for this afternoon.

I moved my living room furniture around in anticipation of getting the tree upstairs but it’s kind of half-assed and the floor needs scrubbed first. I hope to have time to do that this morning but it’s not looking good! After I post this I need to order lunch for me and BugGirl - she’s organizing and unpacking some of MisterMoonbeam’s office for $$ today - and fill the Blessing Box.

Two of my volunteers will be here this afternoon at 2 pm to help wrap, sort clothing donations and plan our Random Acts of Christmas. I have $400 donated for that program already but I have no clue what to actually do this year! Last year because of Covid, we did a Random Acts of Amazon program where I randomly bought stuff from people’s wish lists, for random dollar amounts. The year before we gave out gift cards & cookies in front of Target, had Santa hand out laundry detergent and rolls of quarters at laundromats, and we gifted car repairs to people who needed them. I know we did an advent calendar of grocery store gift cards before. I don’t know what to do now! I was thinking maybe something with gas gift cards since prices are climbing, but $400 won’t go too far. I am open to suggestions!

Just fed the cats lunch. I’m dressed, so that’s good. I need to start filling the Blessing Box but we open at 11 am so I have a minute. DarkKnight kept the car today so I had to message him and ask if he can come home on his break. I had $100 donated to help a Senior gentleman who is currently in the hospital and is transitioning to skilled nursing care - he needs pajama pants, underwear, socks, etc. So I need to run out and buy what is needed. I’ve had one Christmas bag donated already today, so I need to get that marked off the list.

Our Christmas pajamas are slowly arriving in the mail - we are doing a dinosaur theme this year.
FBEB03D0-3909-44C4-9DE2-81E81B8D9F7B.jpeg

BugGirl is going to be sleeping over Christmas Eve, so I bought her a set too - she chose a Pteranodon. MisterMoonbeam is the ankylosaur and I wanted the Stego. We decided to be funny with the T Rex, as DarkKnight loves Transformers. He is delighted that he gets to wear Grimlock!

Attachments

• C530E7A1-1A95-4E79-B7E3-BA127E96E9F8.jpeg
    C530E7A1-1A95-4E79-B7E3-BA127E96E9F8.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Back