Good morning

Blueric

My name is Eric and I'm currently 29 in a ENM relationship with my partner who's 24. They also have a partner 29 who is my best friend and we have a kitchen table relationship. We live in Arizona and I'm not sure what else to put but I'm an open book for questions! 😁

Bariah

Yeah I've got a few questions:

Who calls the shots? How do you see kitchen table shot calling working out when conflict becomes common?

How did things become serious between you?

What's your favorite color and why?

What do you need to feel welcomed?

Dealing with any heavy lifting?

Is this too many questions to ask someone new, or should I wait until they get comfortable?

I pooped myself out. Welcome!

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
Greetings Eric,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

It sounds like you are in a V relationship (you and the other 29 partner are the legs of the V, your 24 partner is the hinge). How long have you been polyamorous, and what got you started along that path?

Glad to have you with us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Blueric

Yeah I've got a few questions:

Who calls the shots? How do you see kitchen table shot calling working out when conflict becomes common? We mostly communicate issues between me and my nesting partner if they don't directly involve her partner. If they do we have a round table meeting where we talk about stuff bothering us, which he is welcome to hold one also. Their relationship is newer so they're just kind of riding the wave for now. No issues arising yet.

How did things become serious between you? Between me and my partner, they got kicked out of their house and I asked them to move in with me to alleviate homelessness, then very quickly we got our own place together and they changed my life. 🥰 Between them and their partner he is my best friend and they developed feelings for each other and I thought they should pursue their feelings in an ethical and communicating way. 😁 That was 3 months ago.

What's your favorite color and why? Orange because I like the way the starburst taste as a kid and other orange flavors but I don't actually eat oranges

What do you need to feel welcomed? Your replies worked really nicely! I also like new friends so that's always a plus if it works out.

Dealing with any heavy lifting? I had to learn how to cope with jealousy very quickly and it isn't always a good day. Sometimes I bottle my feelings because I don't know how to communicate them without attacking my partner.

Is this too many questions to ask someone new, or should I wait until they get comfortable? I liked all the questions! Feel free to ask more. It's kinda nice to just self reflect for the sake of others questions. 😁

I pooped myself out. Welcome!
Thanks for replying!! Sorry I had such a gap between responses. It's been a busy day. I'm just going to respond to your questions next to them since mobile let's me! And thanks for the welcome!!

Blueric

Greetings Eric,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

It sounds like you are in a V relationship (you and the other 29 partner are the legs of the V, your 24 partner is the hinge). How long have you been polyamorous, and what got you started along that path?

Glad to have you with us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!
Thanks!! I appreciate the welcome! You're correct in the V relationship we have but I like the kitchen table definition cause it's cute and I like cute things. We've been polyamorous for about 2 years but just recently started the ethical practices of it because before my best friend, everything was kind of just crushes that we never had time to pursue. We got started on that path pretty early in our relationship because we technically started that way. While I was unsure of any terms like unicorn hunting or stuff like that, my partners and their partner at the time pursued me and I was crushing on both of them hard so I did the thing and long story short it was not ethical and my partners partner opted out and left us to be together and we never looked back. A traumatic start to a relationship but we had been developing for some time. 😁 Sorry about the rambling but I like to talk. Tell me about yourself! 😁

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
Hi Eric,

Thanks for those answers, I am in a V myself, and I would also say it is kitchen table poly. You can read more about my V companions and me in my blog, the first two posts in there tell you how we got started. If you have any questions let me know.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.