Greetings Everyone

Hello everyone,

My name is Brandon. I am from North Carolina. I am 38 years old and divorced. I am looking to explore my sexuality more. I am polyamorous. For myself polyamorous is being able to love freely. No one love is the same, and that is one aspect that keeps life interesting. I don't mind couples, but it would be ideal to start off with a single partner to explore the poly lifestyle with. But If I meet a couple, I go with the flow and see what happens. I am Bisexual and also into BDSM. I have been single for quit some time. I am hoping while here, if I can get advice, something that would help me in finding someone who has similar mindset as myself. Please feel free to message me, and I will not take any criticism personal. I look forward to making friends here.

I consider myself to be a open book, I do very much enjoy intelligent conversations.

I prefer private messaging if you wish to inquire more details about my sexuality, unless it's a interesting topic for discussion.

Greetings Brandon,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I don't think there's any special secret to finding someone with a similar mindset, you just get out there and do stuff you're interested in, you know like a club or a class, and meet people naturally that way, and make friends naturally, and if something romantic develops, well so be it. In the meantime, while you are just platonic friends, you can talk about polyamory when there's an opening for it in a conversation, then they can decide how they feel about it with no "pressure to agree." Then if things get romantic, you'll have already "had the poly discussion" with them.

You mentioned being into BDSM. Along those lines, you might find it helpful to get involved on FetLife, there are poly-minded people there as well as open-minded people in general. I don't know, you might already be a regular visitor there.

Any time you can get involved in a fringe group, kink, Ren faires, D&D, indie music concerts, etc., you improve your chances of meeting open-minded (even poly-minded) people. Also there may be a local poly group in your area, try googling "North Carolina polyamory," or "polyamory" with the name of your nearest major city. Not that you would want to go to a poly meetup and just start hitting on people, but meeting people and making friends at such meetups can lead to romantic associations later on down the line. And there are poly dating sites, I can list some if you're interested.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back