Greetings Everyone!

Semienigma

Hi! I'm Semienigma and found about about the term Polyamory only a few months ago. I started doing research (which is what I do with everything) and found this place.

Truth be told, I don't even know if I can be poly or not since I have never had an intimate romantic relationship. I have friends but don't really want to be involved that way with them. So I'm actually not sure how to date either, now that I think about it...

Anyway! But this is still something that interests me and I love learning new things, from my research I've found Poly to a very fascinating and wonderful thing!

A little more about me:

I'm 28, Black, plus size and have crazy hair. I am also an artist :p

Hello there Sem,

I am an artist too, what kind of art do you make? I love art of all kinds :)

You said you found out about polyamory a few months ago, how did you discover it?

I saw your other post in the summaries, I don't think it is at all strange for you to be nervous about entering relationships, especially if you see a lot of pain around you :( seems perfectly understandable.

I also have some friends, mostly women, who are more into the emotional aspect of relationships and not so much the physical. So you are definitely not alone.

Nice to meet you!

Last edited:
cepictd less

Thanks!

I love to do illistrations in Anime style or Japanese animation. I'm a bit anime fan. I am working hard to be a comic artist or animator one day. I"m not good at traditional art, mostly digital.

I'm so glad its not so unusual, I was worried that I would be considered weird or I guess, not qualified? Most people in my life think I'm asexual (thought they don't know the term) which I"m not, I just don't handle attraction well :D

Greetings Semienigma,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I always tended to have bad luck with what little dating I did in the past, and the two long-term romantic relationships I've ever had have been with people who were just platonic friends with me for a few years at first. So sometimes you don't have to go looking for romance; it will find you.

Polyamory.com is a great place to study and learn about polyamory; so many diverse threads and boards and you can always post questions and stuff, usually generating quite a few thought-provoking responses.

I'm glad you could join us and hope you enjoy your stay.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

thanks kdt26417! That is actually quite helpful! There is so much here I wasn't even sure where to start. :D I'm going to check out that Golden nuggets place. Sound interesting!

Cool. I think you'll like it.

hi!

It is so nice to hear I am not alone! I actually just posted my own intro because you gave me the courage to with yours!

I am also like you in that I am unsure if I can be poly or not because I have never had an intimate romantic relationship either. I have lots of great friends, a few who even know I am interested in polyamory, but none who would be into that kind of thing. So it is great to see others on here who have a similar situation!

I also love anime, tho I don't draw! ;)

Anyway nice to meet you Semienigma!

~LadyManda

Back