Greetings from Seattle...

vinsanity0

My name is Vince. 52/straight/male/Dom. I am new to Seattle. I am also new to actual poly relationships. I have had an open marriage in the past. Things didn't work out for us, but we are still friends. Long story there, but it basically boiled down to her insecurities as a vanilla wife of a Dom.

So...I find myself living in Seattle. I recently met a sub who is poly. I have always been interested in this sort of relationship. I really like their version of poly. She and I are still feeling each out in terms of our dynamic and I have yet to meet the other people involved, but I am hopeful. She is collared by one of her two current boyfriends. I admit that this may take a bit for me to adjust to (not being the primary "Master").

Even though I'm not much of a joiner, I was pleased to learn there is a large poly community here in Seattle. I've been told people are very accepting of the lifestyle here. I am looking forward to my new journey.

Hello, welcome! And well-wishes on your Journey.

Greetings Vince,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Yeah, they say Seattle is a very poly-friendly city. Tied with Portland for #1 really. I haven't joined any of the local poly groups yet, but I like the idea of living in a poly-friendly area.

Glad you have found someone you like (don't know if you think of her as a partner yet), even if there are some things you're not used to yet. Perhaps Polyamory.com can help you with that sort of thing. In any case, I'm glad you could join.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcomes.

We have only started seeing each other, so I wouldn't consider her a partner just yet. I would definitely like to move in that direction though.

I've already learned tons in the little while I have been lurking. Not only about poly, but how to have better relationships as a whole.

Back