Hello

Hello,

I'm John. I am Het/single/solo poly. I am new to the Poly community. I realized in my journey I bonded more with women on an emotional level. I have 5 years as a yoga practitioner but stopped a couple of years ago. I am happy to find a community here. I enjoy cooking and baking. I am also learning Russian on YouTube through TV shows. Nice to meet you guys.

Welcome aboard, John.

Avoiding the relationship escalator I see? I hope you'll share some of your solo-poly perspective with us in the discussion forums.

Greetings John,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

You sound like an interesting person, learning any new language is quite a challenge, but Russian is surely one of the hardest. It sounds like you've kept quite busy in the past and present, and you especially relate to women. I hope you enjoy your stay on our forum, let us know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Greetings John,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

You sound like an interesting person, learning any new language is quite a challenge, but Russian is surely one of the hardest. It sounds like you've kept quite busy in the past and present, and you especially relate to women. I hope you enjoy your stay on our forum, let us know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!
Thank you Kevin. Russian is not easy because of the structure of their sentences and especially Cyrillic alphabet since it takes awhile to get familiar with it. I watch alot of Russian shows on YouTube that has subtitles and I find it easy when I can pick up Russian words along the way.

Sounds like a good way to approach it. I took at stab at German quite a few years ago, but didn't get very far.

Sounds like a good way to approach it. I took at stab at German quite a few years ago, but didn't get very far.
I knew a guy that took German at a community college back then. With YouTube, you will love the new language learning content they have over there just in case you want to go for it again.

Haha, I'm too lazy now, but back in the 90's I might have tried it. Way back in junior high school I took a Spanish class, but man did that teacher have a temper!

Haha, I'm too lazy now, but back in the 90's I might have tried it. Way back in junior high school I took a Spanish class, but man did that teacher have a temper!
I know about that one! I had a Spanish teacher in HS that was so into it to the point of exaggeration. Teachers get carried away at times. Your teacher probably needs to have a drink or two or maybe stressed out at the curriculum.

Heh. Miss Brown, if I remember the name correctly. Not that she had no sense of humor, but damn that woman had a temper.

Back