Hey from Finland!

polyn00b

Hey,

30/M/Straight

Brand new to polyamory and looking to find out more, in a loving relationship for almost a decade and now we've decided together to explore new sides of ourselves through polyamory.

I'm kind of excited about the future and potential of starting this but also kind of nervous.

Look forward to meeting you all and learning more!

P.S. Sorry to be a little light on details, we haven't told really very many people and not yet sure how to communicate it.

Hello and Welcome!

Read, ask, share as you feel comfortable. Excited but nervous is a perfectly reasonable place to be starting from.

How far along are you in the process of Disentangling? If you haven't come across this concept previously, this article is a good place to start:

I didn't actually know about that term but it's really interesting reading. My initial reaction to a lot of the scenarios they present in the article is that much of the stuff sounds very toxic to me but perhaps it's exaggerated scenarios to highlight the point?

My partner wants to explore the other side of her bisexual self and honestly I'm just really excited for her to get to do that.

I don't really know myself what I would want from all this and I'm just looking at what there is and if there's nothing that interests me I'd still be happy for her, I wouldn't consider myself a jealous person but perhaps on this journey I might discover some toxic traits of my own so worth keeping in mind!

I'll discuss the article with her and see what she thinks 🤔

I realise now after rereading and processing a bit a little more about where the difficulties might be but we have always been quite independent as a couple already...

But yeah, hopefully this remains a positive journey! Thank you for the tip!

Greetings polyn00b,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

You are taking your first steps on an amazing journey: the journey into polyamory. It is a journey that can be so hard at times, and yet so worth it in the end. I am happy for you that you have made this decision.

I just have two pieces of advice for you at this early stage. First, go super-duper slow. Second, learn all you can along each step of the way. I personally am partial to Polyamory.com and recommend it to you as a launching point for all you can learn. Visit this site often, explore it, read many posts, and post often your own thoughts, questions, and what have you. You are on the right track, you have posted in a couple of places already.

Good luck in your poly adventures!
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back