Hi, it's Natalia, creator of Showtime's "Polyamory: Married & Dating"

Not quite yet. It probably wont be until season 2 starts.

So there is a season 2? She found her young pretty group sex-havers?

So there is a season 2? She found her young pretty group sex-havers?
AFAIK, yes. No idea when, but I have heard whispers that it got green-lit.

I know there's another poly show in the works currently but no idea who is making it. They're still trying to convince the suits its a good idea

poly show

I think my poly life would not make for interesting viewing. we are fat middle aged and generally pretty agreeable. We've had a long time to practice though. What I am trying to say is that unless there are hot young people having sex most people would find poly too normal to watch for long.

Even smexy young people sex gets generally boring after a while.

I'm watching Spartacus: Blood and Titties (yes I know it's technically Blood and Sand but there is an abundance of breasts, therefore I have renamed it after the two most prominently featured aspects of the show, though mostly naked men do feature a close third) and as much as I like the show, there is A LOT of fucking going on. Its gotten to the point where I fast forward through the sex scenes.

They're not badly done nor are the participants unpleasant to look at but good GODS there are a lot of them. I enjoy shapely forms gyrating as much as the next guy but when you use them like you would commas, it gets old quickly.

I ran into that a lot with Poly: Married and Dating.

It just doesn't matter

I know I'm fairly new to the forums, but I'd like to emphasize a point. I think there's far too much attention to the fact that the folks picked for season 1 of the show fit a certain demographic. Yes, they all appeared somewhat fit or what's otherwise been described as skinny. Yes, they all seemed to be earlier in age (although I'd debate that comment regarding the pod, only in comparison to my age). I think what matters most are two things. One, the fact that these people felt compelled and compassionate enough to come clean with all who would watch and tell their story is admirable. Two, I feel the fact that they've come to recognize and embrace what they want for themselves regarding their life choice is also admirable. If only more polys were less inhibited by society, family and work I think we'd live in a much better world.

Leo

I'm also fairly new to the board but I wanted to chime in, since I recently watched the first season.

I thought it was great, well put together and an all around good first try.

I had a hard time trying to convince my mono-husband that this wasn't what poly was all about. Not every relationship is a group/pod that all sleep with each other, poly isn't all about sex, and not all poly people have multiple partners or are open-poly.

As a new to poly person myself, I'm working on a Vee relationship; as the hinge between my husband and our good friend. We are still very new to poly and I felt like I had to explain that not every poly person was like the people depicted in the show.

So I would love to see more of a variety in the relationships and more of the mundane stuff.

Thanks for the thread though!! I will not be volunteering as I have to agree with what others have said, I'm healthy and athletic/fit, but would be considered fat if put on TV. I wouldn't mind seeing more variety here too, but I think it might make it too real for TV. I don't know.

Onthego_details

Or you could find me on here I we still have this by then I just made this account today and saw your add here too. I was going to post it but you beat me to it (hehe) def will be still interested always. Love to help get this beautiful lifestyle story out to the "real world".

Jessica & Stephen

To true :D

I think my poly life would not make for interesting viewing. we are fat middle aged and generally pretty agreeable. We've had a long time to practice though. What I am trying to say is that unless there are hot young people having sex most people would find poly too normal to watch for long.

It certainly takes time, introspection, & experience to be truly Poly. (In which time, time has caught up to us)

The Triad on the show amazes me how well they "get it" & live it at such a young age.

While some in the Pod have the ideal in mind, but have removed themselves from the reality.

Seriously, no one flips out about being called on being Poly that much, unless they know/feel they really are not.

Finally got a chance to see the show, I was really excited but sadly very very disappointed. This show makes poly people look like possessive douchebags. How embarrassing, I hope people dfont watch this show and lump me in with this crowd.

I could rather the scene be flooded with people who think the show is unrealistic and trashy to be honest.

Ugh, the trailer makes it look like superficial, sex-focused, sensationalistic dreck. As for me, I will avoid the show, cringing along with all my fellow documentary filmmakers, and film and media professors, while we yearn for some quality non-fiction media!

Back