How to be a Non-Monogamous mother in a Binary World

m.ellery

Hello everyone!

I just published my first text on Medium in Polyamory Today on how do I feel about becoming a non-monogamous mother in a binary world!

I wanted to share it here with you because groups on the topic have helped me so much in understanding this.

Despite feeling very nervous about coming out there to the public like this, I felt I needed to voice out these concerns because as I wrote there, I want my kids to be able to understand that they are also free to choose what kind of family they want to build and be able to respect all other kinds of families as well.

Hope you like the text!

https://medium.com/polyamory-today/...us-mother-in-a-binary-world-e4ce45dbf712#112b

Hello m.ellery,

I read your text on Medium.com, it sounded good. We definitely need more resources for poly families; I hope for the best for your project of doing a children's book on poly. We have one other thread on that topic: https://polyamory.com/threads/useful-books.107777/#post-403874

Good luck!
Sincere regards,
Kevin T.

Hello m.ellery.
I look forward to finding your book in publication. And, I definitely hope it goes a long way to normalizing polyamory. In my opinion, polyamory is simply another alternate lifestyle that involves consenting adults.

My wife and I were "open" for the most part, and hid it from our kids until they were adults. It's been about four years since we told them and they seem to have accepted it just fine.

Hello m.ellery.
I look forward to finding your book in publication. And, I definitely hope it goes a long way to normalizing polyamory. In my opinion, polyamory is simply another alternate lifestyle that involves consenting adults.

My wife and I were "open" for the most part, and hid it from our kids until they were adults. It's been about four years since we told them and they seem to have accepted it just fine.
Hi! Thank you so much for your message :) Actually MADE IT!! We were able to reach the goal one week after the project launched and now we have until Dec 10th for anyone who would like to purchase the book, but it will be published!!! So thank you so much, and thank you for sharing your story! It is 100% all about consense and respect!

"consense" lol, that typo is beautiful. It's also so often sadly lacking hahaha.

Back