I cant stop coming back to this idea...

Not embarrassed that I like polyamory but there's quite a few men there that I'd rather not peak their interests.

You may certainly get some of that kind of interest too, the more you make your feelings known to people. When some people hear things like "non-monogamy" or "polyamory" they mainly just hear "I'll hook up with literally anyone, at literally any time".

The reason is because some folks who cheat on their partners explain it using those terms "I can't help it baby, I'm polyamorous". Or just monogamous people who are currently in a period of promiscuity use those terms.

This isn't meant to warn you off, just that if you are going to describe yourself as "polyamorous" or "non-monogamous" to the uninitiated you might want to work on an elevator pitch explaining what you mean when you say it. Having a confident and concise description of what you are into can help you avoid some of the misunderstandings.

In the rare instances where I am talking to someone at work about my relationship practices I try to keep it simple with something like "I'm not monogamous, I don't follow that particular tradition". Most of the time people don't hassle me further, but I recognize that women can have a different set of struggles in that sort of scenario.

Definitely, especially when it comes to women. Plus, I'm the only female reach driver on that shift. I used to get a ton of attention so I started wearing coveralls and a beanie most of the time. Alot of ppl dont notice I'm a woman when I'm driving around I think. My FWB thinks that's BS n that they notice anyway but iv noticed a difference.

My FWB thinks that's BS n that they notice anyway but iv noticed a difference.

Most semi-functional people will adjust how they treat us by the energy we give off. It may be that some don't realize you are a woman, and possibly that some read your attire/demeanor as "not interested".

Either way, a win is a win.

You may certainly get some of that kind of interest too, the more you make your feelings known to people. When some people hear things like "non-monogamy" or "polyamory" they mainly just hear "I'll hook up with literally anyone, at literally any time".

The reason is because some folks who cheat on their partners explain it using those terms "I can't help it baby, I'm polyamorous". Or just monogamous people who are currently in a period of promiscuity use those terms.

This isn't meant to warn you off, just that if you are going to describe yourself as "polyamorous" or "non-monogamous" to the uninitiated you might want to work on an elevator pitch explaining what you mean when you say it. Having a confident and concise description of what you are into can help you avoid some of the misunderstandings.

In the rare instances where I am talking to someone at work about my relationship practices I try to keep it simple with something like "I'm not monogamous, I don't follow that particular tradition". Most of the time people don't hassle me further, but I recognize that women can have a different set of struggles in that sort of scenario.
Yeah totally, one of the guys I wrk with calls me gorgeous ALL THE TIME it's kinda annoying, bc hes married. Iv been there 3 yrs n hes just now openly talking in front of me about how he cheats on his wife, but I knew he did the moment he talked to me. I'd never talk to another person like that if I was in a agreed mono relationship. I got major issues with broken promises or something agreed to being breached. Not cool :( I told that guy my FWB was my long term BF that I lived with so hed STFU.

Most semi-functional people will adjust how they treat us by the energy we give off. It may be that some don't realize you are a woman, and possibly that some read your attire/demeanor as "not interested".

Either way, a win is a win.
Oh yeah, good point!

Iv been there 3 yrs n hes just now openly talking in front of me about how he cheats on his wife, but I knew he did the moment he talked to me. I'd never talk to another person like that if I was in a agreed mono relationship. I got major issues with broken promises or something agreed to being breached.

The joys of monogamy. I'll pass.

Not cool :( I told that guy my FWB was my long term BF that I lived with so hed STFU.

People really can just be the worst. I'm glad you're being smart and taking care of yourself; gotta set those boundaries and keep them sturdy!

The joys of monogamy. I'll pass.

People really can just be the worst. I'm glad you're being smart and taking care of yourself; gotta set those boundaries and keep them sturdy!
Yeah, I wish hed quit working there. Hes been talking to one of my potential guys alot and as stupid as it sounds I dont want them hanging out bc I think hes a bad influence on my potential dude.

Doesn't sound stupid. He definitely sounds like a bad influence.

Height is not what determines emotional vulnerability. This guy might be very susceptible to the cheater guy's poisonous words.

Back