Introduction -- looking for a community

FriendlyMonoDemi

Hello all!

I've been browsing through these forums for a while and I thought it was finally time to make an account. I'm a socially nervous person so I'll try not to be too awkward lol. I'm a monogamous demisexual woman in a strong and committed relationship with a polyamorous man. My partner only learned and accepted that he was polyamorous last year, so this is all very new to both of us. He's not looking for other partners right now given the world situation, but both of us are hesitantly looking forward to him having new relationships.

Being honest I love him so so much and I like this idea that my partner has so much love inside of him that he wants to love other people. Plus, if it works out this way, it would be nice to be friends with my partner's other girlfriends, and to share a connection with someone who loves the same person I do. I am a recovering honors student so I want to do everything perfectly all the time, thus all my research and forum haunting, but I don't want to be overzealous and truthfully I'm a little scared.

I don't know. I guess I'm someone who isn't poly myself but a part of the poly community, new to absolutely everything. I'm nervous and still a little insecure but really optimistic about learning and connecting. I decided to make an account because I'm looking for support and a community! It's hard to find poly people to talk to in general, especially right now, so I was glad to find this site. Please drop by and say hi! I'm glad to be here!

Just saw the thread about personal introductions... 😅 I read forums but haven't necessarily posted in one before. I guess that's not too bad as a first mistake.

Welcome. Lots of good folks here to share information with. Best wishes in your journey with your partner. It takes work. Talk, talk, talk.

Hi B,

From your other thread it sounds like the relationship shape you're heading towards is a V or asterisk style star of 3 or more lines where your boyfriend is what we call the hinge and you are a leg.
That's my current relationship shape and I'm the hinge.

It can be great when you and your partner's partner/s (your metamours) get along. That is often referred to as kitchen table poly (i.e. you can all sit around and chat quite happily). Sometimes it doesn't work out that way and the relationships are parallel. Yep, there's a lot of jargon but it helps keep us all on the same page. Can be useful in search terms, too, which is partly why I've hit you with so much of it.

I hope you enjoy reading around this little corner of the web!

All the best.

Greetings FriendlyMonoDemi,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

You are fine in having put your first post here, this is the right place for it. Next, if you want relationship advice, go to Poly Relationships Corner and start a new thread there. Any board at any time is a place where your posts will be welcome. Let us know of your thoughts and questions, we'll do our best to answer them.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Plus, if it works out this way, it would be nice to be friends with my partner's other girlfriends, and to share a connection with someone who loves the same person I do.
This really *can* be a unique bond. There's something lovely and intimate about having someone else in your life that knows your partners quirks in much the same way you do... my meta and I aren't THAT much alike in some ways but are VERY alike in others, to the point that if she and I are start planning something or teasing him Knight's only reaction is "Cats!", alluding to a long-standing joke about bringing home new cats and they teach each other new tricks. That dynamic is *really* hard to explain unless you've felt it, but is wonderful. (and occasionally Knight and Artist tease me in the same way, which is also fun although I suppose less relevant for you since you're more mono.)

Back