Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

Do you (dear readers) ever dream about poly?

I had a poly dream a few nights ago. One of my current crushes was in it along with my current love and kids. In the dream, humanity was dying out/being destroyed/something and people were trying to enjoy the time they had left. My crush had already been converted to a cyborg/android, but had room in his head for a second person to be uploaded. He asked me if I wanted to be joined with him. I said I did and once the upload was set up, we walked around, enjoying a botanical garden, knowing that I was going to be saved and we would be together beyond the current tragedy. We wanted to enjoy our separate physical bodies before mine no longer existed, so we we found a private place to be intimate. It felt so odd because the people all around us were trying to find solace in the nature of the gardens while we were overflowing with happiness. After we had finished our lovemaking, I went home to my current love and family and enjoyed being with them so much knowing that our time was limited.

I woke up feeling so weird.

Okay, I won't torture you with any further writing for today. Carry on ...

You certainly don't torture me! I enjoy reading your blog. :)

No torture here either! Although, I AM a masochist, so perhaps you could torture me more with weather reports? I jest. Your blog is wonderful, Kevin. I enjoy reading it. I don't follow all of the blogs here, but I always check in on yours.

Your dream sounds lovely. I wish I remembered more of my dreams...

Love your posts, guys. They say we forget most of our dreams, so what we dream about is largely a mystery.

@ chamelia, wow, that was a complex dream. Once in a great while I remember having a complex dream, but never one about poly. So I am envious. :)

Don't worry, I'll keep torturing you with weather reports. ;) We have two days in the 90's coming up next week, Wednesday's supposed to be 94°. The rest is in the 80's. Today's high is supposed to be 80° flat. Right now it's 67°.

That's all for now ...

Today, Saturday the 29th, Brother-Husband and Snowbunny went on a golf outing. It was sponsored by Snowbunny's work (the credit union, where she is in charge of computers). Normally Brother-Husband works on Saturdays, but he took today off. They left at about 6:30 a.m., and got back here at about 4:30 p.m.. It's about 6:50 p.m. right now.

Snowbunny is feeling kind of crappy, physically. The heat must have gotten to her on the golf outing. Also she has a thyroid condition, that may have gotten ramped up. She has a headache and a body ache. She took some stuff for it but it hasn't taken effect yet. She isn't feeling up to driving anywhere or making dinner, so we decided to have pizza delivered.

Well, the other shoe finally dropped. We are going to have two days of 100+ heat. 100° on Wednesday, and 105° on Thursday. Zoinks! Today it is 82°, so the shoe hasn't dropped yet.

That is wild, man! We are getting monsoon season down here in Colorado...this is usually a place you would describe as "dry"...high altitude desert bordering the mountains, with sand and cactus and scorpions sometimes even...but we're getting rain by the buckets, every single day. Other monsoon years the joke has been we now live in "Seattle Springs." But having lived in the PNW before, it's not the same...most of the rain I remember from living in Lacey, was not thunderstorms. Usually more like a misty drizzle that varied sometimes to sun-breaks or a sloppy deluge, but no thunder or lightening. Here, the storms are usually electrical ones with the big booming thunder and spectacular lightening. I like that.

The plants are loving all of this water...but I wish our city had better drainage. The streets flood constantly.

I, too, am a big fan of thunderstorms. I do also like western Washington's way of mixing sunshine with rain. But apparently, all the rain we are supposed to get has moved to your area. I'm jealous.

Today they say it'll get up to 86°, and that's the coolest day for the coming week. Four days in the 90's, and Thursday will be 103°. Bleah.

Greetings this 3:13 p.m. on Tuesday, August 1. It's 87° out there, and will climb a degree or two more. Luckily I have my powerful A/C unit running in here ... where it's currently only 70°. This unit will really be tested over the next three days, which will be hovering around 100° outside.

Brother-Husband was off today, but left early to go somewhere, I'm not sure where. He got back an hour or two ago, and I think he's taking a nap. He likes naps, who doesn't? Unfortunately I can't sleep during the day, so I just have to be tired. Just before supper I take some meds which include something to help me sleep. I usually turn in right after supper, after I brush my teeth.

That's my boring report for today. :)

That A/C unit got me through those three hottest days, no problem. Today is Saturday, with a high of 88° which is what it is right now. I got feeling extra down in the dumps, and walked to Rite Aid to buy some Sinfire cinnamon whiskey. I was hungry, so I bought some Brach's candy corn along with it. I wanted some cashews, but I didn't have enough cash for that. The whole trip took probably a little over half an hour.

Normally Snowbunny is here on Saturday, is off and I do stuff with her. Today she is away fishing and camping. She'll be back tomorrow. Brother-Husband bought us some kind of takeout for dinner, and he is home now, so now I'll go out and eat. The whiskey is cooling in the extra mini-freezer we have.

This concludes today's riport.

The high for today will be 89°, then we have three days in the low 90's. Then high temperatures will begin dropping. One week from today, the high will be 73°, and we'll *finally* get some rain! I should mention that it always cools off at night, usually to in the 50's.

I have consumed the Sinfire as of earlier today, it made me tired so I have been resting on and off. Snowbunny got home safe and sound yesterday. I heard she got seasick while fishing, but not so bad as to have to puke. The day before yesterday (Saturday the 5th), Brother-Husband brought us some pizza. From Little Caesars. BH is a huge fan of Little Caesars.

Rainee (the cat) is sleeping next to me on her cat cushion. I like it when she sleeps next to me. This concludes my riport.

Both of the cats are in here now. They're friends. Earlier today they were chasing each other back and forth across the house. See? Friends. :)

It's 77° right now (12:07 p.m.). It will get up to 89° or 90° at about 5:00 p.m. ... then from Friday to Monday is a cooling trend. (Today is Tuesday. In my time zone.) The rain in the forecast has been pushed forward a day, but it's still coming up.

This concludes my riport.

My anxiety level today is higher than usual ... I wish there was some hard liquor sitting around or some cannabis tincture. There's an unopened bottle of wine in the fridge and I'd love to drink the whole thing. But I'm trying to behave.

It's pretty hot out there today, 86° and scheduled to go up a few more degrees. However, on Sunday (right now it's Thursday at 2:55 p.m. in this time zone), the predicted high is 70° flat. Ahhhh

Now if I could just get some anxiety relief. :(

I have a brother who has been in prison for quite a few years. He has a chance to get out in about two years, but first he has to complete a treatment program. And before he can do that, he has to live, for an unspecified amount of time, in the worst possible part of the Utah prison system. The building he's in right now has been condemned for a long time; rather than bother replacing it, they just pay the fine every year for continuing to use it. There is no heat in the winter, and no relief in the summer. None of the windows can be opened although a number of them have the glass broken out. The prisoners have to remain in their cells for 23 hours a day. Now, I know that my brother broke the law, and he knew there were consequences if he got caught (which he obviously did). But this new turn of events puts a knot in my stomach. I don't want anyone to suffer like that, and this really drives it home for me. I'm an atheist, so I don't even have prayer for comfort.

For quite a few years, he has been in the prison in Gunnison, where conditions were pretty good for a prison. This move is the starkest contrast possible, and is very sudden, I have only been hearing about it a little yesterday and a little more today. When I try to imagine what it's like for him, I just can't imagine it. I don't know how I would survive. So while I'm somewhat selfish in that I shouldn't be complaining when I have things so good, I am still sad and depressed and stressed-out for my brother.

If you, dear reader/s, believe in (a) god/s/goddess/es, please say a prayer for him on my behalf. I don't know what to do except to make that request.

Today's entry is short because it's time for dinner. Snowbunny is heating stuff up right now. She's kind of feeling crappy and not up to doing anything fancy for dinner. After dinner we'll watch an episode of Orange Is the New Black. I figure everyone will turn in early. Snowbunny has to get up early for some work stuff, even though she's off (today and) tomorrow. The credit union where she works is installing some new software to enable banking on the weekends.

That's all I have for now.

Thanks PPG. I know there's nothing I can do about it, so I try not to obsess about it. But I am haunted by it.

I also feel for your brother, and you too, as you're clearly anxious about his welfare.

My current partner, J, has spent a total of 15 years in prison over a 30 year period and while it wasn't easy, he came out of those experiences relatively unscathed. I hope and pray your brother will fare similarly.

He is suffering under a broken system. Up until now he has been able to be a source of good for other people, I think that has helped him get through it. But now he is in a place where it will be hard for him to find any silver lining. I worry about him. I am anxious for fall weather to arrive as the building he is in is at the mercy of the elements.

It's 78° right now; most of the upcoming week will be in the upper 70's. Today (Tuesday the 15th) is Brother-Husband's last day off this week, I'm not sure but he and I might end up watching something on TV. He's watching some previews out there, while I do my computer stuff.

Today sucks. I can't find the words. I can't bear to get into any details. Suffice to say I'm feeling humiliated and very angry. Sympathy appreciated if you have some to spare. :(

Back