Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

3:29 p.m., Tuesday the 28th

Thanks Evie.

SB was actually pretty sympathetic, so that's good. Her main solution to the problem was to upgrade the treat Eddie gets after he comes in. He gets a half a slice of salami now. Which suits me fine, as long as it works. She also gave me official permission to leave him out there by himself for five minutes, if he refused to come in. And she suggested when it's time to come in, I just come in and wait for Eddie to follow. She showed me how she did it, she put the half a slice of salami near the back door, high up where Eddie couldn't get it. That way Eddie knows ahead of time that there is a treat waiting for him.

So for today at least, it seems to have worked. I didn't have to leave him out there by himself, he came as soon as I opened the back door to go back in myself. Now I just need a steady supply of salami.

1:57 p.m., Wednesday the 29th

Eddie behaved well again, for the upgraded treat. In the future you can assume that that continues to be the case, unless I say otherwise. Shortly after SB got home, she took off again with Eddie, to take him to a Barn Hunt practice. When BH got home he brought dinner with him: huevos rancheros from Mariachi Alegre. :D About an hour after dinner, at about 7:30 p.m., we watched S1E3 of Hannibal.

2:46 p.m., Thursday the 30th

Dinner last night was veggie burgers, peas (BH had cauliflower as he doesn't like peas), and vegetarian baked beans. Also SB poured us some wine, and gave me the okay to finish off the beer in the little fridge. :D

We didn't watch anything, but BH did decide (and I agreed) to stop watching Hannibal episodes; the third episode felt rather forced/contrived, and to be honest a little boring. There is another series called Hanna; from the previews it looks good, and we're likely to watch it.

1:24 p.m., Friday the 31st

Dinner last night was fish sticks -- I like fish sticks a lot -- salad, and a sweet potato. We did not watch anything, as dinner was after 5:30 p.m. on a worknight. Tonight is not a work night so we might watch something. From what I overheard last night, we might have veggie burgers tonight.

I'm fantasizing about that Jägermeister. So delicious, and such a hefty kick ...

12:39 p.m., Saturday the 1st

We ended up watching the first two episodes of American Horror Story, Season Three. We had already watched the first two seasons (and part of Season Four) a number of years ago, enjoyed them, and just somehow never got back to them. Better late than never, right?

Today BH and SB went out to look at camper trailers, at a place maybe two hours away. I might have gone with, if they didn't have to leave so early (c. 6:30 a.m.). They should be back sometime this afternoon, not sure when but probably by dinnertime at the latest.

3:49 p.m., Sunday the 2nd

BH and SB did not buy an RV, in fact SB is starting to have reservations about the whole thing. But she did buy a new car, she traded in her old car. The new car is a Buick, I can't remember what specific model. It's a little bigger than her previous car, not quite big enough to be an SUV, but bigger. And yet it gets better gas mileage. SB says it has really good get-up-and-go. It's black (with rainbow sparkles). Not SB's first choice of color, but the price was right. SB's been thinking for some time about buying a new car, so this wasn't exactly an impulse buy, but it was sooner than she had expected.

Dinner was takeout from Red Lantern. I ordered Ginger Joy, a stir fry with a special ginger sauce. I've had it before, it's really good. Honestly, everything I've tried so far from Red Lantern has been really good.

After dinner, BH and I watched AHS S3E3.

At about 3:00 p.m. today, BH and SB left, I think to go on a short road trip? SB asked me to sit this one out. Which is fine, I've drank a lot of water today, and would have needed to stop for many pit stops.

5:26 p.m., Monday the 3rd

The cleaning lady was supposed to come over today, but I guess her brother paid her a surprise visit, so, she told SB she wanted to come over tomorrow instead. Sigh, :mad:. Not the end of the world, but definitely inconvenient. There's things that have to be done to prepare for her visit, and now I'll have to do them all over again. Bleah ...

I'm quite hungry right now, and SB says we're having something Mexican for dinner. I'm ready!

12:22 p.m., Tuesday the 4th

The cleaning lady was supposed to get here at noon. I am starting to worry that she has forgotten about that, and blown us off. :( I've gone through all the trouble of preparing things for her, will I have to do that a third time? Worried and frustrated ...

Dinner yesterday was some kind of wrap or burrito, premade and ready to go from freezer to microwave. The filling was some kind of weird vegan thing ... I have to say, it wasn't very good. Not very tasty. SB didn't overly care for it either, and hopefully won't get it again. Tonight, we'll have regular microwave burritos. Not my favorite but an improvement over yesterday.

2:37 p.m., Wednesday the 5th

Well the cleaning lady came over at about 1:30 p.m. ... it seems that there was some sort of gap in communication, like she emailed SB to say that she was running late, and SB forgot to check her email or overlooked that particular message. Now that I know that, I guess I can live with it.

Shortly after SB got home, she took off again with Eddie in tow, to go to a Barn Hunt practice. When BH got home he heated up burritos for the both of us; SB heated up hers after she got home. BH and I actually did watch an episode: AHS S3E4.

11:34 a.m., Thursday the 6th

SB made a beef and bean soup for us yesterday, she seemed to be pleased with how it turned out. I thought overall it was good soup, my only thing was that I thought it was a little overly garlicky for my taste. SB likes garlic a lot. I like it, but sometime in the past, oh, ten years, I got a little worn out on it.

We didn't watch anything.

2:10 p.m., Saturday the 8th

I'm shocked to report, that the day before yesterday, I got caught up on Facebook. Obviously that won't happen every time, but it looks like it's still possible.

Last night, BH and I watched AHS S3E5 and E6. Dinner was leftover soup plus pretzel rolls (mmmmm) from the German store. Today, FNG came over (with OF, his Other Friend) to shoot the shit with us for a while. Right now, BH is mowing the lawn, and SB is washing her car.

12:51 p.m., Sunday the 9th

We got Subway for dinner yesterday. SB and I also received some groceries from Safeway. After dinner, BH and I watched AHS S3E7. Today, BH and SB are working on the back room, and I refilled the cats' nightly feeders. I don't know what we'll have for dinner tonight.

Something about the subs last night didn't agree with SB's stomach. She thinks it's the bread, and says it will probably be quite a while before we get Subway again. :(

This concludes my riport.

2:34 p.m., Monday the 10th

Dinner yesterday was veggie hot dogs, plus a salad. We didn't watch anything, BH was watching a hockey game. (I think the Leafs lost.) Today, someone is coming over (between 3:00 and 4:00 p.m.) to do a gas inspection. To do it, they have to get into our backyard. The gate to the backyard is currently unlocked, so now they just need to be able to locate the gate, and open it. It's a slightly tricky maneuver.

This concludes my riport.

3:26 p.m., Tuesday the 11th

Dinner yesterday was microwave burritos, SB is doing easy dinners this week. Today, SB will take Eddie to a Barn Hunt practice, so presumably BH will get some kind of takeout for him and me for dinner. Maybe Little Caesars, maybe huevos rancheros, maybe something else. I don't know whether we'll watch anything, it is a worknight but with SB at Argus, BH might stay up a bit.

1:04 p.m., Wednesday the 12th

Little Caesars. And yes we did watch an episode, AHS S3E8. Sorry that's all I have to tell you.

The high today will only be 70° or 71°, so I've opened my windows. The high this week will be Sunday, 98°. Augh!

3:15 p.m., Thursday the 13th

We had TV dinners yesterday. SB has been having rough days at work, I think they're doing disaster recovery or some kind of similar emergency drill. Last night, she didn't get home til around 6:00 p.m. ...

The outdoor temperature is 76° at this time. I was in the mood for that much warm air, plus I think the cats enjoy the scent of the outdoors, so I've opened my windows again. The forecast for Sunday is even more extreme ... 100°! :eek:

That's all I have to tell you for today.

4:21 p.m., Friday the 14th

SB got home at about 7:00 p.m. last night; for dinner we had takeout from Pho Yelm. Today BH got home at about 3:30 p.m.; SB isn't home yet. Normally she would get home at about 3:45 p.m., but as I said she's having a rough week at work. She'll be off tomorrow and Sunday.

The outdoor temperature right now is 83°; I haven't opened my windows today, I've been running my A/C unit. The forecast has actually improved: Now it's *only* going to be 99° on Sunday. Woo hoo! :D

10:57 a.m., Saturday the 15th

SB got home at about 5:45 p.m. ... and dinner last night was TV dinners ... and nachos, SB made nachos. SB has one or two bad days at work remaining, Monday and possibly Tuesday.

BH and I watched AHS S3E9.

1:09 p.m., Sunday the 16th

Dinner yesterday was cheese ravioli, with parmesan sprinkled on top and a side of vegetables. BH and I watched AHS S3E10. There are three episodes left in this season.

Today, BH and SB are working on the back room.

4:22 p.m., Monday the 17th

We had takeout last night, from, I think the place is called China House. I got egg foo young, yummy. Today, the cleaning lady was supposed to come over, but she sprained (broke?) her ankle. So I guess we'll try again on Friday.

It's still quite hot out there, 91°. The rest of the week will hover around 80°.

Back