Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

It will be interesting to see if changes things. I read things much more often than I comment around here (only commenting if I feel like I have something different/useful to offer), so I don't think it will change my behavior personally. Other than giving me an option to show "I appreciate this contribution" in an easy way.

11:50 a.m., Friday the 4th

Overall, I would say that the new "Like" feature here is an improvement. For those who would like to use it, it's now available. There were quite a few times, in the old forum setup, where this person or that person would wish the forum had a "Like" feature. Now those people have their wish granted. And if they're happy, I'm happy. Who knows, it might encourage more people to sign up and participate. Polyamory.com could use a boost in that area.

Of course, every improvement comes with its pros and cons. Some people might "get lazy" and just "Like" a post, whereas under the old forum setup they might have submitted a comment. But I don't think that'll happen very often, I think in most cases people will click on "Like" *and* leave a comment. Just my prediction.

BH and SB are away on their trip, ostensibly they are there (in California, I think) for a Barn Hunt competition for Eddie, but I'm sure they are also there for relationship nurturing. That's cool, I can handle that. And I hate to say it, but the cats and I are enjoying the break from Eddie, no barking and I don't have to take him outside for a potty break. I do however have to do the chores that BH and SB would have done if they were here. I've been nervous about that, like what if some part of a chore stumps me, but so far that's gone fine, so I'm relieved.

SB kind of figured I would drink while she was away. I don't want to disappoint her, so right now I am drinking some Jäger. Well?!

6:42 p.m., Saturday the 5th

The forum has been busier than usual today; I won't get much done on Facebook. Lady is snoozing here with me by the computer and the window. Rainee is probably snoozing by one of the windows in the living room.

Eddie hasn't had any qualifying runs in Barn Hunt today. But he's been enjoying himself. And doing a good job of going into the tunnels in the bales. He's even been reluctant to come out of the tunnels, presumably because it's a little cooler in there. It sounds like it's super hot in California right now, based on what SB has said in her latest email to me.

Today I drank some Seagram's Seven Crown whiskey. Tomorrow I'll probably drink some Bacardi Gold rum. Hopefully SB won't kill me too much.

1:45 p.m., Sunday the 6th

Lady is relaxing here with me by the computer and the window. Rainee is probably relaxing by one of the windows in the living room. Later today, I have to take the garbage and the recycle out to the curb by the mailbox. I'll probably do that at about 6:00 p.m.

I haven't received any emails from SB so far today. She said she would call me tomorrow when she had an idea of when she and BH would be getting home. They'll be in going home in Labor Day traffic, so they might be getting home kind of late. But we'll see.

2:06 p.m., Monday the 7th

SB texted me this morning, estimating that she and BH would probably get home somewhere between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. ... so, possibly as soon as an hour from now, or, possibly in three hours. That would be a little early for feeding the cats their dinner, so, I guess I'll leave that for SB to do. Cleaning the litter box would normally wait until later, so, I guess I'll leave that for BH to do. I hope that's okay.

1:44 p.m., Wednesday the 9th

If I remember right, BH, SB, and Eddie got home at 3:37 p.m. ... everything was fine, I got no complaints. For dinner, we had pizza from La Gitana. We didn't watch anything.

Yesterday, SB took Eddie to a Barn Hunt practice, and BH was in charge of dinner. He brought home huevos rancheros, I think from Puerto Vallarta. We watched AHS S4E7.

Basically things are back to normal. SB was planning to pick up some groceries at Safeway tonight. If I'm lucky, they'll have some allsorts for me.

2:01 p.m., Friday the 11th

On Wednesday, SB made spring rolls for us for dinner. She was disappointed with how they turned out, but I thought they were pretty good. On Thursday (yesterday), she did a stir fry with beef and broccoli. She was happy with how that turned out; I liked it but I liked the spring rolls better. It was too late to watch anything on a worknight as is usually the case.

Safeway did not have the allsorts. They did have the Reese's minis (unwrapped), so that pleased me. That's all I have to tell you for now.

12:40 p.m., Saturday the 12th

Yesterday, SB had a heavy late lunch at work, so she opted not to have dinner. She did heat up a can of clam chowder for me, and she made BH a salad. After dinner, BH and I watched AHS S4E8 and E9.

Right now, BH and SB are away picking up a new pair of glasses for SB (and BH too?). I don't know when they'll get back.

1:59 p.m., Sunday the 13th

They got back somewhere around 3:00 or 3:30 p.m.

For dinner last night we had salad and turkey dogs. For us this was quite late -- 8:30 or 9:00 p.m. -- so even though it wasn't a worknight, we didn't watch anything.

Today -- not long ago -- SB gave me a haircut. I was glad to get it, my mustache was starting to grow into my mouth. :p

1:20 p.m., Monday the 14th

For dinner last night we had takeout from Taco Bell. It was quite late for us (c. 8:30 p.m.), plus it was a worknight, so we didn't watch anything. Sorry, there's not much else to tell you.

6:11 p.m., Wednesday the 16th

After SB got home on Monday, she took me out to go to Chehalis, where she had bought the new car, and they needed some paperwork. While we were out, we bought some takeout for dinner at a place called Dragonfly. I had veggie egg foo young, but it wasn't that good. I would get something else next time.

After dinner it was somewhat late. I laid down for awhile. I did not brush. :( I did better last night, I did brush, and I will always brush anytime I don't talk about it here. For dinner last night, we had microwave burritos. We are going to have some kind of leftover (frozen) soup tonight, I think some kind of bean soup. I can't think of anything else to tell you.

3:49 p.m., Thursday the 17th

We did not have the (frozen) bean soup last night, we had other leftovers instead. We didn't watch anything. I don't know what we'll have for dinner tonight. The weather has finally cooled off; the coming week will be all in the lower 70's and upper 60's. We do however have smoke from all the wildfires. :(

5:18 p.m., Friday the 18th

For dinner last night, SB heated up a couple of cans of clam chowder. Also we had some homemade bread. :) After dinner, BH and I did watch something, we watched AHS S4E10. That's all I can think of to tell you, not much else is happening.

11:43 a.m., Saturday the 19th

For dinner last night, we had some sort of Asiany-type soup. It was okay, not like OMG or anything like that. SB indicated that she probably wouldn't make it again in the future.

After dinner, BH and I watched AHS S4E11 and E12. There's just one episode left in that season.

I asked SB if we had any special plans for today ... we do not. This concludes my riport.

12:11 p.m., Sunday the 20th

A new Thai place has opened up quite close to us, so yesterday we ordered Thai from that place. They said the order would take an hour, we said, "Well that's a long wait but okay." Then, when SB went there to pick up our food, the place had lost our order. They said we could order again, but we'd have to wait another forty to fifty minutes. At that point SB said "Forget it," she was pretty disgusted with that place. They didn't apologize, nor did they give us a coupon or voucher or anything like that. Apparently they don't need our business. SB did say that it was quite busy there.

We ended up having Subway.

After dinner, BH and I watched the final episode of American Horror Story Season Four (Freak Show). The next season is called Hotel. We probably won't watch anything tonight as it is a worknight, plus BH has been feeling run down lately, possibly because of the new meds he is taking.

We might take Eddie on a walk today. This concludes my riport.

4:54 p.m., Monday the 21st

We did take Eddie on a walk (BH stayed home). For dinner we had chili potatoes. 😋 I don't know what we'll have for dinner tonight.

2:57 p.m., Tuesday the 22nd

BH was feeling as bad or worse today, and called in sick. There is of course the dreaded chance that he has come down with SARS-CoV-2. I don't know if he can get tested? For the time being we're just trying to keep our distance from him, and keep the windows open when feasible. I don't think he has a fever, his temperature is actually a hair on the low side.

Not sure what we're doing for dinner. SB (after a short day at work) brought us a heavy lunch. Maybe that was dinner? Eddie has a barn hunt practice tonight, so SB won't be around at regular dinnertime. Which normally would mean BH would be in charge of dinner, but in this case? I don't know, maybe we're just figuring it out as we go along.

2:32 p.m., Wednesday the 23rd

We just had TV dinners. BH was feeling a little better, so we watched something, S2E1 of "The Boys." BH did go to work today. Sorry I don't have much else to tell you, today is what you would call a plain vanilla day. It has been raining, and is quite cool. 62°.

4:33 p.m., Thursday the 24th

SB cooked up some salmon for dinner yesterday, plus she prepared corn and potatoes. It was too late on a worknight, so we didn't watch anything. Tonight, SB says we'll have veggie burgers and cut-up bell peppers. She says that BH is running late at work, so I'm sure we won't watch anything tonight.

2:48 p.m., Friday the 25th

I'm really hungry today, but I'm trying really hard to fast until dinnertime. All I've had today so far is a diet Coke and some water. Sigh ...

Outdoor temps have really dropped; it is only 61° and has been raining -- quite hard at times and at times with a wicked wind. But I like the fresh air so much that I've opened the windows anyway. Hopefully BH/SB won't be upset about that ...

Back