Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

3:47 p.m., Thursday the 18th

Alllmost there ... just have to make it til tomorrow around noon ... alllllmost there ...

After Snowbunny gets off work today -- around 4:30 p.m. or so -- she and I will go out to look for specialized dog food. It seems that Eddie has some kind of a food sensitivity ... and quite a few allergies. I don't know how much of that is true, I'm just glad for the opportunity to get out of the house (and go driving somewhere).

Alllllmost there ...

12:57 p.m., Friday the 19th

Ahhhhh ... such a relief. Of course I do have a price to pay. I have to scoop out Rainee's litter box, among other things. But it is worth it.

This peppermint schnapps is really strong. I underestimated it. I must slow down my drinking speed. I think I'll have some hunter sausage.

Last night, SB and I, in addition to the dog food quest (at PetLand I believe it's called), went to Albertson's and did some people shopping. Bonus.

Today, Brother-Husband, Snowbunny, and Eddie are gone to go to the Barn Hunt trials in Colorado. Meantime, Rainee and I get to have a party!

12:13 p.m., Saturday the 20th

Alright alright, so I overdid it a little. I ended up with some nausea, but I did not throw up. Today I'm just drinking out of a shot glass, instead of a mug.

Rainee is keeping me company.

1:00 p.m., Sunday the 21st

As of today, I have finished off the entire bottle of peppermint liqueur. And I'm glad I did it! We have some holiday nog too, I haven't decided whether I'll have any of that today.

SB says (in an email) that Eddie did a good job in Barn Hunt this weekend. He got two Q's (Qualifying runs), and only needs one more to earn his next (final?) title. BH, SB, and Eddie probably won't leave the event until at least 3:00 p.m., and it'll be at least 10:00 p.m. when they get home. I'll feed Rainee her dinner, and scoop out her litter box.

4:03 p.m., Monday the 22nd

So on the way back (from Barn Hunt), BH and SB got a flat tire. As a result, they didn't get back til after midnight. Today, BH took the day off, and took SB's car to get new tires. Then he took a nap.

I finished off the holiday nog. It was okay, but I wouldn't get it again. Apparently it doesn't have real eggs in it. Plus I had a little scotch. Today, SB presented me with some cannabis she had bought for me in Colorado. I requested to have some right away, which she accommodated. Sadly, it hasn't had much of an effect so far.

12:50 p.m., Tuesday the 23rd

I forgot to mention, on Sunday I also (after getting caught up on everything) played a Chess bot game. I played against the same 1400-point bot as last time, only this time I was Black. Miraculously, I managed to win. By the skin of my teeth. The bot did make two or three glaring errors, which saved my butt. Things (in bot Chess) are getting too complicated for me, I'm starting to struggle, and dread new games.

I won't be ready for "advanced" level (1500-point bots) until I beat the Chess engine at 1400 points two games in a row (once as White, then once as Black). That victory seems to be a long ways away.

Rainee went to the vet for some dental work today, they said she did well, she just has to wait awhile for the anesthetic to wear off. SB and I will leave at about 3:40 p.m. to go pick her up. After we drop her off here, we'll probably go back out and do some shopping.

3:45 p.m., Wednesday the 24th

Rainee's still doing pretty good. She is however missing her collar, which, the vet called us and confirmed that they have it. They'll be closed until Monday, but we can pick it up then.

I'm more stressed-out than usual today, I need to pull my shit together. BH is off tomorrow, so we might watch something on TV tonight. SB and I did a moderate amount of shopping last night after dropping Rainee off at the house.

1:49 p.m., Friday the 26th

For Thanksgiving yesterday, we had a special smoked turkey ... and it was edible, but I wouldn't want to get it again. For one thing, it was too smoky. It was so smoky it smelled (and tasted) like those times when you sit by the campfire, and no matter where you sit, the smoke follows you. Anyway, I'm not sure I like turkey smoked even if it is smoked within reason. Maybe having too much smoke this one time ruined it for me, I don't know. I'm just glad we had cranberry sauce to help cover up the taste. Now SB also made deviled eggs for us, and about that I have no complaints. That may be my all-time favorite food. She boiled a dozen eggs, so that made 24 halves. By the time the smoke cleared, all 24 had been eaten.

Showtime has a deal where you can get it for free right now, then pay like less than $5.00 per month for like three months. Using that deal, BH got a Showtime subscription for us, and we were able to watch the first two of the new Dexter episodes last night. SB liked the episodes okay, but they were a little slow for her taste. We'll see if the action/suspense picks up over the next few episodes.

2:22 p.m., Saturday the 27th

Last night, we watched the third new Dexter episode, the last that will be available until probably late tomorrow. I thought it was pretty good, but still not a ton of action/suspense, so I don't know whether SB liked it.

SB ordered me a new bedspread (Rainee had picked the hell out of the one I had), and it arrived yesterday or today, so SB had me strip my bedding, to clean it all before putting the new bedspread on.

For dinner at 4:00 p.m. today, we have a reservation at a fancy restaurant, called Farm and Table. I'm super hungry (trying to fast), so it should be quite an enjoyable meal. At this moment, BH and SB are out shopping for a dresser for their bedroom. SB said they probably wouldn't be gone for long, but it's been a while, so. Hopefully they'll be back by about 3:30 p.m. or so.

2:43 p.m., Sunday the 28th

So Farm and Table was really good, we want to go back there, but it is really expensive. The food and drink for the three of us ran up to over $200.00 ... it will be a while before we can afford to go there again.

After dinner, we went to Hobby Lobby, mostly just to browse although SB did get a couple of white markers. Then we went to Total Wine. Didn't find exactly what we were looking for, but we did get some drinks that nearly/precisely matched what we drank at Farm and Table. SB got a bottle of really good port, and BH got some Zia piñon cola. For my own part, I got what looked like some extra good eggnog (c. $18.00), and some Jäger (c. $21.00).

After we got home, BH and I watched a documentary about the Satanic Temple. We were so charmed by what we saw, that we wanted to attend a TST gathering. Unfortunately, there are no TST chapters in New Mexico (at this time).

BH and SB were not able to find a dresser they liked (for the right price). In the future, they might look for one at Savers, Salvation Army, or Goodwill.

For the last couple of hours, Rainee has been sleeping under the new bedspread on my bed. A nice warm, soft spot for her. :)

This concludes my riport.

3:15 p.m., Tuesday the 30th

Had a rather busy day yesterday, I had a dentist appointment that started at 2:00 p.m., and after that, SB and I went shopping, and also picked up Rainee's collar/necklace. Rainee has a sore on her neck, in the area where the vet shaved her, so we aren't going to put the collar on her yet. With which I'm somewhat uncomfortable, but it's probably fine, Rainee is good about not trying to go outside, and she is microchipped (with current information).

We had pizza for dinner last night, we got it at a Pizza 9 location, it was decent but nothing to write home about. Rainee is sleeping under my covers again today. She's really taken to that, and I have no complaints.

4:18 p.m., Wednesday the 1st

Eddie has an obedience class at 5:00 p.m., I am going along for the ride, so I will need to start getting ready very soon. Not a lot going on. The three of us (BH, SB, and I) may be going on a "Christmas stroll through Old Town" in a couple of days, if I remember right. I don't know what all that entails.

4:40 p.m., Thursday the 2nd

We decided to not do the Christmas stroll, as it was not what BH was expecting. Apparently it would just be walking and shopping. SB said that she and BH would be going on a road trip, either this Sunday or a week after, with a local friend. I look forward to that because I will have the house to myself, and can drink my eggnog.

3:56 p.m., Friday the 3rd

SB and I are going to leave to go shopping (at Target, where she also needs to pick up a prescription) at about 5:00 p.m., so, I don't have a whole lot of time left for the computer today. The road trip (she says) will be this coming Sunday (two days from today), but they might get back from it as early as 1:00 p.m. that day. I'm not sure how much eggnog I'll get to drink.

12:10 p.m., Saturday the 4th

We have a new Roomba, and are sending it on a test run right now. It has a few quirks, but mostly seems to be doing alright. SB is planning to make a classic sausage/pepper dish that she makes for dinner. BH and I will probably watch something, probably a Handmaid's episode. We watched a Handmaid's episode last night, it had a surprise ending.

12:43 p.m., Sunday the 5th

BH and SB left at a little after 8:30 a.m. today, and SB reckoned they'd be gone about six hours, so going by that, 2:30 p.m. is when they should get back. SB says the three of us are going to eat out for dinner today and tomorrow. Knock on wood. I am able to drink the whole bottle of eggnog. It is really good, worth the price.

Yesterday I got all caught up on everything, and did a bot game. (The Chess Engine, at Level 1400.) The bot kicked my ass in the opening, I ended up four points behind in material, almost the equivalent of a whole rook. I just got lucky, the bot made a few obvious mistakes later on, and I was able to turn the tables on material. I have to say, any time I'm playing a bot, the bot does great in the opening, then gradually slides downhill until it is very weak in the endgame. But I still have to say, I sorely need to improve my openings.

I played as White in this last game. In my next game, I will play as Black against the same opponent. If I win that game, I will be able to go on to try my first advanced game (against a 1500-point bot). Even if I lost at my first advanced game, at least I'd know I'd gotten that far. That's all I have to tell you for now.

1:54 p.m., Monday the 6th

It was actually 4:11 p.m. when they got back (from their road trip to Santa Fe). We did not eat out for dinner, but we did eat takeout. From a vegan Thai place. I had yellow curry, it had chunks of potato, it was really good. By then if I remember right it was after 8:00 p.m., too late on a worknight for watching Dexter.

Today I am super stressed-out, so I asked SB for some THC. She was willing, but it hasn't taken noticeable effect yet.

3:02 p.m., Tuesday the 7th

I got caught up on all the standard things yesterday, and there was plenty of time left to do a bot game. I won! It was my final intermediate game, me playing as Black against the Chess Engine at 1400. I've cracked the shell of the advanced category! My next bot game will be me playing (as White) against a 1500-point bot.

My new theory, that doing reasonably well in the opening, is the key to winning a bot game, proved at least in this last game to be correct. I managed to survive the opening without getting behind on material, and that led to a rather smooth game for me. The computer thought I played sloppily. At the end of the game, it said that I had made two mistakes, two blunders, and one lost win. But I reviewed the whole game, and all the moves I had made looked pretty decent to me. This last game has boosted my self-confidence. I kind of expect to lose my first advanced game, which will put me back in the intermediate range for awhile, but now I know I can crack my way into the advanced arena.

BH, SB, and Eddie had a Barn Hunt practice to go to, they didn't get back until about 8:00 p.m., so dinner was, for us, rather late. We had pizza. It's uncertain what we'll have for dinner tonight. In the meantime I am doing better in general than I was yesterday. The Force is with me.

3:03 p.m., Wednesday the 8th

SB cooked salmon for us for dinner yesterday, as well as peas and sweet potatoes. Well, corn for BH, as he dislikes peas. Tonight I guess we are having TV dinners, which is a bit depressing and here I was extra hungry. Eddie has an obedience class at 5:00 p.m. tonight, and I am coming along for the ride. Plus BH and SB have a remote counseling session starting at 7:30 p.m. if I remember right. The point is, we have a busy evening ahead of us.

Huh. I just checked the bot games menu, and on the Chess Engine, 1500 is still labeled as intermediate. 1600 is labeled advanced. I was getting my information from the list of "personality bots" where 1500-point bots are listed in the advanced category. Not sure what that means, maybe it means I'm neither intermediate nor advanced, but in limbo between the two. Sigh. It's still amazing to me that I got this far. That's all I have to tell you.

1:29 p.m., Thursday the 9th

Today, at about 5:00 p.m., after SB gets off work, she and I will go shopping. Probably at Albertsons. She anticipates a big amount of groceries, so there will be a lot of trips back and forth between our (second-story) condo and the car. So that is a pain.

Back