Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

Evie

Kaitiaki
Has watching the balloons made you intrigued enough to want to experience a ride in one, or even learn to pilot one?

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
12:57 p.m., Wednesday the 6th

The winds were favorable today; quite a few of the balloons got close. One of them got so close, that I could make out the facial features of the guy in the gondola.

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
1:49 p.m., Thursday the 7th

Yesterday I got caught up on everything, did a bot game ... and lost. I made a number of significant mistakes that I saw only after the fact. The one that costed me the game was when I lined up my king and rook in such a way that my opponent could fork them with his bishop. Anyway, I guess I'm not ready for the advanced category. I actually wouldn't have been anyway: Chess.com added two new 1400-point bots, so I'd want to play those. Also two beginner bots were added, and I'd want to be able to say that I also played them. In theory, my plan is to play (and win) versus all of the bots, if I advance that far. So I guess I get a break, I get to play two easy bots. I just hope my skill level doesn't regress any further. It feels like it's regressed. I don't think I'm going to make it to the advanced level unless I get better about picking up on some more of the subtle situations.

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
3:03 p.m., Friday the 8th

I won yesterday's bot game ... but I was only playing against a 600-point bot. Just making sure I've played against every new bot at least twice (once as White, once as Black). Personally I don't think I played that great, but the computer analysis of the game seems to think I did pretty well: no mistakes, no blunders, no missed wins. My next bot game will be me playing as Black versus the same bot.

In a couple of hours, Snowbunny and I will go shopping. I don't know if maybe we'll pick up takeout for dinner while we're out. That's all I have to tell you for the moment.

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
2:22 p.m., Saturday the 9th

We ended up getting Whataburger for dinner. We were going to get Thai, but it was going to take too long, the restaurant was going to be closed before we could pick up our food. Things are very busy with the balloon festival, the line at Whataburger was very long but luckily it moved right along.

Not much to report today, Brother-Husband and Snowbunny are out running some kind of errands. Snowbunny has been replacing some of our electrical fixtures. I am quite anxious, for whatever or no reason, I've been drinking some beer but as you know, beer isn't very powerful so, it just helps a little.

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
1:55 p.m., Sunday the 10th

About a couple of hours ago, I completed my latest bot game. Against the same 600-point bot but this time with me playing as Black. And I won, but I made at least one stupid mistake that I know of. I let one of my pawns get jumped for free. Later in the game I put one of my bishops into the path of a pawn, and I failed to notice that detail, so I lost the bishop. But technically that's okay because that bishop had just jumped a rook. So, a worthwhile exchange.

I believe my next bot game will be me (as White) versus a 700-point bot.

Word on the street is, we are going to eat out tonight for dinner, probably at Monroe's. That's good news.

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
3:47 p.m., Wednesday the 13th

It's been somewhat of a frustrating week, as I've seemingly got further and further behind on things. Today is the first day where I seem to be making some headway. I'm super super hungry right now, but trying to fast until dinner. It sounds like SB is planning to prepare salmon for us, with rice and vegetables. That sounds good, if I can just hang in there until then.

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
3:52 p.m., Thursday the 14th

I did manage to complete my fast yesterday. I have found that the hunger tends to peak out at a certain point, then recede if I can just hang in there. And I did manage to catch up on everything yesterday; I even started a bot game, but didn't finish it until today. I won the game; overall it was an easy one; my opponent handed me two or three pieces for free, one or two rooks plus his queen. So yeah, I had no excuse not to win.

In spite of all that I'm still having a somewhat rotten day, I can't explain why. I think maybe I've been beating myself up over every little mistake, maybe that's part of the problem. Also I'm dreading the little chores I'll need to do later today and tomorrow. I don't know, I'm just bummed for some reason, and I shouldn't be. If only I could tackle life one little thing at a time.

SB and I are planning to go shopping later this evening, probably after dinner? BH has curling practice tonight. That's all I can think of to tell you for the moment.

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
5:32 p.m., Friday the 15th

Today is not a great day, but I am muddling through it. BH is at an eye doctor appointment, SB went with him. He's been painting the trim in our house, and the completion of that job is still pending, so I don't know if we're going to watch anything tonight.

I don't think he had curling practice yesterday. He was having it every Thursday, so I don't know if that's all done (for this year) or what.

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
4:04 p.m., Saturday the 16th

We didn't watch anything last night, but BH was saying we probably will tonight, as he is going to subscribe to Disney+ and Disney Hulu and wants to break it in. We used to have Hulu, and watched part of the Handmaid's Tale, and we would like to continue it.

Today, BH's knees are too sore for painting, so instead of that, he and SB are putting up curtain rods. For dinner last night, we had Thai takeout. That's all I have to tell you for now.