New to poly

Moonbaby

Hello everyone,
I'm looking for some guidance or advice.
I'm in a relationship with a guy, we have never really labelled our relationship but we are exclusive and we spend all of our free time together.
We have an amazing connection but never discuss feelings or anything.

We have now decided to class ourselves as poly in the thoughts that we want to introduce new people in to our relationship but mainly for sex purposes.

We would like to maybe have a few couple friends that we can hang out with have Meals etc but also have new sexual encounters with .

We are also interested in the swingers scene and sex party scene.
We are both very kinky and are wanting to explore our sexual desires with other people but together.

Do any of you have any guidance or ideas as to how we go about this is the right way.
Thanks !

Hello @Moonbaby ,

What you are describing isn't really poly but that's alright, you're in the ENM playpen.

Concentrate on NSA casual encounters, swinging, kink clubs.

Check out fetlife, feeld, kasidie, life on the swingset <- those are just things to get your search going and I think pretty much USA?
You don't say where you are - can give a general idea - PNW for example - and if there are folks in the local community they can give local pointers.

Have fun!

Oh, and I should mention something about the idea of poly unicorns in case you are thinking along those lines.

Hello thanks for you advice.
I'm UK based. We are creating a Feeld profile this weekend.
I'll look into those other places. I've looked at kink events and they seem very much more S and M based *
Thanks again !

Yes. Since you "never discuss feelings or anything," you definitely are not looking for a polyamorous relationship. Amour means love, which is a feeling.

Best of luck looking for good casual sex though.

Hello Moonbaby,

It sounds like you want to open your relationship. Like you would like to have people over for a sex party so to speak, but you would also like it to be a friendly get-together. You need to invite people over to your house, explain to them what your hopes and expectations are, then if they agree you can go from there. You may also find swinging to be to your liking as well, find out if there are any swinging clubs local to you, and give them a try.

You may not find right away what you are looking for, but if you are patient, it will eventually come to you. Good luck!

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Thank you Kevin for your supportive words and not being judgemental for me not knowing the correct terminology.
As I say it's all new to us and we don't really know what to label ourselves as.
Thanks again !

No problem, I believe open is the word you are looking for.

100% join FABSWINGERS. It's a free UK site that almost all of the UK scene uses.

It's both wonderful and awful, there's good and bad but also lots of party listing's and reviews for clubs.

If you're in London or could take a trip there why not check out the Torture Garden parties if you're attracted to kink too. They have strong dress codes but they're great parties where you can just observe. It's not a swingers club but they have a couples zone.

Back