Poly dating: likes/dislikes, recommendations, and experiences...

Best way to meet new partners to date?

• Online dating sites only! Best way to meet new potential partners because...

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Meetup groups! Love myself a good meetup group like...

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • My partner(s) do a great job finding wonderful people I like too!

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Randomly and in person!

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Like minded events or groups is the best way!

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It's been a while because we are a closed polycule but if I was to date now I might...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Haha
Reactions: tdh
Think really of Fetish and poly as some overlap but different relationships types
Fetlife is the motherlode of poly kinksters. You can start getting a feel for the community by joining a few groups, easily found in the search. Enjoy!

Reactions: tdh
It is interesting because I have considered joining Fetlife for kink partner reason but never really through of it as a good place to find general poly partners. Think really of Fetish and poly as some overlap but different relationships types

I've always felt that way about the recommendation to find non-monogamous folk on a fetish site. It is likely that I am missing some context, but on the face it's a strange thing to conflate non-monogamy with a sex fetish. To me, those things couldn't have less to do with each other.

I used to be on OK Cupid, and met a few people, but that site took a very strange turn and is difficult to use now. That, and all of the profiles in my area are so hard core politically radical that I just can't relate to any of them. All of that fist waving righteousness makes my penis wilt.

I've always felt that way about the recommendation to find non-monogamous folk on a fetish site. It is likely that I am missing some context, but on the face it's a strange thing to conflate non-monogamy with a sex fetish. To me, those things couldn't have less to do with each other.
No, polyamory isn't a fetish, per se. It's just that people who take the trouble to search their souls and come to terms with their kinks/fetishes are often open-minded enough to also explore forms of open relationships, whether for kinky play-partners, sex partners, or full on lovers/partners/spouses.

No, polyamory isn't a fetish, per se. It's just that people who take the trouble to search their souls and come to terms with their kinks/fetishes are often open-minded enough to also explore forms of open relationships, whether for kinky play-partners, sex partners, or full on lovers/partners/spouses.
I think it's the same reason that (and maybe this is just my experience) there seems to be a lot more people who have left controlling religions (raised extremely observant Seventh Day Adventist, for instance, or child of fundie missionaries, or or or...) in my poly circles than in the world in general. Leaving that sort of religion takes a re-examination of everything you think you know about the world, and at that point mandatory monogamy is a pretty obvious thing to also fall under the microscope.

I "like" people's photos, and just the act of my doing that is seen by people, who may also have looked at that pic, and then they might feel a connection just from that, and message me. For example, I follow a person who posts a lot of vintage erotic photos. So others who also enjoy that vintage stuff might become interested in me. :)
So, I ran across this thread this morning, and later today I ran across this kickstarter. Why I thought of you, I don't know... :)

I "like" people's photos, and just the act of my doing that is seen by people, who may also have looked at that pic, and then they might feel a connection just from that, and message me. For example, I follow a person who posts a lot of vintage erotic photos. So others who also enjoy that vintage stuff might become interested in me. :)
I'll have to post a picture of the decor in my room once it's all up - I have one set of 4 20's and 30's B&W female nudes framed together and it looks amazing. Not that this is relevant to the original post, but I'm working on some of the other bits of art right now and saw this in the thread.

Back