Saying Hi From the Middle of Nowhere

Sassywatch

Hi, I'm newly in a poly relationship. My partner and I have been together for seven years now and have two babies together. He has five children from a previous marriage. We have talked about opening up our relationship for a few years now. He currently has a girlfriend whom he has been dating for six months now. It is going very well and she nicely integrates into our family. GF and I get along very well and I'm very happy with how things are going.

I have an older sister and a twin sister. My older sister was the first to start a polyamorous lifestyle and was so for at least a decade before going into her current monogamous relationship. My twin and her partner are currently dating another couple. So I have family support for this which is nice.

I'm here because I live in the middle of nowhere and am caring for young babies who tend to monopolize my time. I would like another relationship but this really isn't the time for me. But I'm lonely and would like to be involved in this community as much as I can.

I'm 34 years old. Live in Canada. I have a degree in Psychology. I've had multiple sclerosis for seven years. I love to paint, write scripts, make jewelry, draw, and general craftiness.

Welcome! Kevin, our unofficial official greeter will be along soon with the more formal hello, but I wanted to pop by and let you know how much I enjoyed your introduction!

It's wonderful that you have family support, and people with experience that you can talk to. I do see how caring for the children would make finding additional partners more difficult (and, honestly, how it could simply sound too tiring!). Does your husband help with childcare, so you can get some "you" time for your crafting, writing, etc? Would you like to date at this point, if there wree more opportunity?

Greetings Sassywatch,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

It sounds like you are rather isolated there, and perhaps some contact with other members here would do you some good. It sounds like you have a lot of kids to take care of, five plus the two babies. Hopefully your partner takes turns watching over the young ones.

Just let us know if you have any questions.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Hello, and thank you!

W does look after the kids when he can. He works hard to support us and, with one of his jobs, he works away for half the month. I would like to date but my life is really full right now. The babies, and I'm working with a theater group to have one of my plays performed, and I'm enjoying the dynamic of having W's girlfriend, J, in the mix.

I don't know if anyone else feels like this but having another person in my relationship seems to settle something for me or something clicks into place. My twin says the same thing about her relationships. We joke around that it is six generations of Mormon genes coming into play (Our mom's side of the family is Mormon but not that kind of Mormon. I think only one great great grandpa had two wives but it seems like a cop-out. He went on a mission to the Philippines for ten years and told his wife that was left behind in Sweden that he married the other woman to keep her from going to hell.). Out of W, J, and I, I seem to be the most chill about everything and the other two are on the skittish side. It's been cute to watch.

Ah; you too have "Mormon" in your family history. :)

Welcome! I'm glad you get along with your metamour! Your h works long hours, and is away on his job site completely 2 weeks out of 4! And you have 2 toddlers. How does he maintain his relationships with 2 women and 5 kids at home when he is gone so much?

I like your first blog post. I am sure you'll explain more there.

Back