Seeking a poly community intro - Why I'm here

Sigyn_

I suppose we all come to these sorts of sites for different things, so I'll start with the main reason I've joined and a bit about myself and my polyamorous journey.

The Basics
Pronouns? She/her
Relationship statuses? Married 10 years (M-Kevin*) and long term partnered just shy of 2 years (M-Phil*)
SO? Pansexual
Children? Yes

Why am I "here"?
While I have been poly proper for going on 5 years, I certainly always swayed towards a polyamorous mindset and lifestyle. I've done my "homework" and read a number of the books out there (polysecure is a fave) and am very open with my relationships with friends and family, I don't have any poly community outside my own partners or dating seen. So I've decided to reach out to the virtual poly world to seek what will sometimes be validation and advice, but mostly just a community of like minded people!

A bit more about myself...
I'm a 36 year old who has been married for 10 years to what I refer to as my "anchor partner", Kevin*. He is also my nesting and coparent to our child. We have been together since we were young (21 and 22). We married at 25 and 26 after realising it was a "marry or break up situation" due to being from different continents, and as we were in love and didn't want to end things we figured we'd marry and if things didn't work out, oh well. But here we are 10 years later and our love for one another has never been in doubt.

Skip ahead 5 years into our marriage after having our child. We had always discussed the idea of an open marriage and frowned at the concept of monogamy, but didn't know how to put a name to how we felt. We tried "swinging" it wasn't for us. Lacked the connection and authenticity we both wanted in other relationships. But it did help open the door and through the "kink" community we came across the terms "ethically non- monogamous" and eventually "polyamory" (yes, it took us years to find out what polyamory was!), but then everything just clicked for us.

I'm now happily in a good relationship with Kevin and with my other long term partner Phil. I'm not actively dating anyone new (though they both are) as I have found my balance at two partners, whilst also being a career woman and mother. And I'm happy with that. 🙂

Greetings Sigyn_,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

You have come to the right place, you will find many like-minded people here, don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. It sounds like you have done your homework, you have five years' experience, and really have always been poly-minded, so while we can help you, you can help us as well! It's great to have you with us.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome Polylove4.

Back