sexual dysfunction with new partners

Yes, I noticed that after I posted, Magdlyn, but thought my advice might be helpful anyway. The OP could still have low testosterone, it is both common and underdiagnosed.

I would recommend getting your testosterone levels checked. And even if your doctor says you're fine, find out your levels and do some research, since sometimes, what a lab says is within the normal range is not ideal for a particular individual.

I did have them checked when I was interested in possible physiological causes of depression. My level was in the lower end of the range, but not abnormal. (Turns out my vitamin D level was abnormally low, though.) I did not think SZ's comment was irrelevant. Apparently lack of variety in sexual partners actually causes low testosterone, so I wouldn't be surprised. Although, in that case, you would think it would have gone up after opening my marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachycardia
I don't feel like I have the wrong genitalia; I feel like I've had the wrong childhood in the wrong society.

That is so beautifully stated.

Thanks. But it seems lots of trans people don't feel the same way. Trans women talk about how they were relieved at loss of erections on hormone therapy. I would not be relieved. And to me the idea of cutting off my balls, splitting open my dick, and inverting it into my body sounds horrific. These are among several reasons I think I might not be trans. Keeping a tally of trans and not-trans thoughts and feelings doesn't really get me anywhere though.

Transwomen talk about how they were relieved at loss of erections on hormone therapy. I would not be relieved.

Some transwomen are anti-sex. Hormone therapy does not cause loss of erections/herections. (I know this to be a fact. :p ) Sometimes transwomen eventually come to terms with this erect "clit" after a period of aversion. Sometimes they don't. Each "queer" person is an individual, after all.

And to me the idea of cutting off my balls, splitting open my dick, and inverting it into my body sounds horrific.

So, you're "non op." You can be trans and still not want surgery.

These are among several reasons I think I might not be trans. Keeping a tally of trans and not-trans thoughts and feelings doesn't really get me anywhere though.

Well, you're in the very early stages of transition. You don't *have* to choose a side, now or ever.

Thanks. But it seems lots of trans people don't feel the same way. Trans women talk about how they were relieved at loss of erections on hormone therapy. I would not be relieved. And to me the idea of cutting off my balls, splitting open my dick, and inverting it into my body sounds horrific. These are among several reasons I think I might not be trans. Keeping a tally of trans and not-trans thoughts and feelings doesn't really get me anywhere though.

I might catch hell for this opinion, but I don't think you have to permanently choose one way or another. When you "feel" trans then you're trans. When you don't feel trans, then you're not trans. Unless you feel a strong desire to find a permanent identity and label and "settle the issue" then you would likely be happier not to stress over it. Or, you could settle on "gender-fluid" and let that be your identity.

A lot of trans people who struggle for recognition might get mad at that, since it could give fuel to skeptics who say it's just a phase. But I'm not saying that it's fluid for everyone, I'm saying it could be for you.

These same people usually get upset at people who identify as gender-fluid. But the reality is, no one gets to dictate the label for someone else. Just because one person identifies as trans and knows that it's never going to change for them, doesn't give them the right to deny that for other people, it can change.

I would recommend getting your testosterone levels checked. And even if your doctor says you're fine, find out your levels and do some research, since sometimes, what a lab says is within the normal range is not ideal for a particular individual. If you do think you are low, seeing a urologist would be the next step.

I logged back on to MyChart today, and my total testosterone was 366 ng/dL in the morning and 281 ng/dL in the afternoon. According to the lab the low end of the range is 175, but, yeah, everything else I'm reading says 300 is low. Also, I'm only 30 years old.

Now should I consider if that's why I'm writing this wearing a dress? Maybe I could add some more man juice and be cured of being a sparkle pony fairy princess?

This is just all too much...

I logged back on to MyChart today, and my total testosterone was 366 ng/dL in the morning and 281 ng/dL in the afternoon. According to the lab the low end of the range is 175, but, yeah, everything else I'm reading says 300 is low. Also, I'm only 30 years old.

Now should I consider if that's why I'm writing this wearing a dress? Maybe I could add some more man juice and be cured of being a sparkle pony fairy princess?

This is just all too much...

This is hard stuff and I encourage you to find support as you work through it.

But I just wanted to say it is never wrong to be a sparkle pony fairy princess!

2595594589_1f411277c4.jpg

She's a fairy and she's pissed.

What happens if she uses the wand on me?

FYI (Well I guess the whole thread is FMI but anyway) Here's the first reasonable thing I've read on this "Low T" issue (from http://www.auanet.org/common/pdf/education/clinical-guidance/Testosterone-Deficiency-WhitePaper.pdf):

[A] consensus statement from the International Society of Andrology (ISA), the International Society for Study of the Aging Male (ISSAM), the European Association of Urology (EAU), the European Association of Andrology (EAA) and the American Society of Andrology (ASA) recommended that TT levels above 350 ng/dL do not require treatment, and levels below 230 ng/dL (with symptoms) may require T replacement therapy.3 For levels between 230-350 ng/dL, the recommendation is to repeat the TT with SHBG for calculation of FT or direct measurement of FT by equilibrium dialysis.3 Similarly, it has been previously recommended that men with TT<200 ng/dL be treated as hypogonadal, those with TT>400 ng/dL be considered normal and those with TT 200-400 ng/dL be treated based on their clinical presentation if symptomatic.4

Last edited:
My therapist says my first step is to stop pathologizing myself. So I'm putting having moderately low testosterone as first on the list of things about me that are not pathological. :p

Back