Still a bit feral...

justjon

I'm not good at this sort of thing. I either clam up and say nothing, or I rant unceasingly. So please forgive me if I ramble on a bit.

My name is Jon. I'm pretty sure I have always been poly. Monogamy seemed silly to me for as long as I have been able to form my own thoughts. My wife was a little more reserved because societal norms and whatnot. But, I'm sure I don't have to go on for a paragraph about society and all the reasons I just didn't think that anything, other than monogamy, was an option. Yall get it. So I grew up, married the woman of my dreams (not feral, works hard to civilize me), moved out to the woods (feral), had 2 kids (also feral), and ducked out of society for a bit (hence feral). Only for us to return to the world a couple of years ago (great timing right?) and realize that things have changed, and that ethical non-monogamy is a reasonable option and much more accepted than it was when we got together over a decade ago. And so here I am. And she will be writing her own intro here as well eventually.

We are 100% positive that we are open to the idea of non-monogamy as a concept. But at the moment we are just reading, talking to each other, and talking to enm people, and figuring out where we fall. But poly seems to be where we are landing. We just don't see a reason to limit ourselves to just sex and friendship.

We are in a tough place right now. We are planning a big move. Louisiana has never exactly been the most tolerant or accepting state, but it was our home and our culture was, and still kind of is, very important to us. But staying and fighting just isn't in the cards anymore. So we are leaving a.s.a.p. We have a few good ideas but aren't sure where we will end up. Puerto Rico is the frontrunner at the moment.

Our ultimate goal is to have a small permaculture type farm setup, somewhere warm, and close to the beach. To have enough little side hustles to get by with as minimal effort as possible, while still living comfortably, and as much time spent with family as possible. And we want that family to grow to whatever number it happens to grow to.

I guess I have rambled on for long enough. Sorry for the length, but thank you all for reading.

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
Greetings Jon,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Thanks for sharing your story with us, I look forward to hearing from your wife as well. Your aspirations sound pretty cool; I am imagining your permaculture farm close to the beach in Puerto Rico; sounds to me like a taste of paradise. Glad you could join our little community; don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!