The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

I am sitting here listening to big band music from the 20s and 30s while zapping spam on the forum. The music is so much fun to listen to. Been feeling a bit blue the past few days. Just thinking of all the "almost lovers" in my life - there seems to be a certain point in the very beginning that I get to with some guys, and then we go nowhere. Maybe a makeout session, or some groping, but nothing more. Weeks pass between contact. There are a few I converse with online that I haven't gotten up the courage to meet yet. I don't know what's wrong with me, except for feeling fat and unattractive, and hopeless relationship-wise. Oh, is that all? Shit.

Last edited:
Overwhelmed. Got an additional 13 or 14 pictures added to my portfolio for Thursday's interview, took about 900 photos at a show (first round of edits brought them down to under 500 now doing the hard edit to see how much more they drop), then was eating with a group of the people till 4 in the morning.

Just finished a D&D session and winding down for bed. First day back at work since surgery tomorrow.

Boyfriend and I broke up. I feel peaceful about the situation, but it's the little things like a good morning and good night text that I am already missing.

On the bright side, I have some very supportive people in my life who are doing their all to both help me express any grief I need to express AND keep me upbeat for the most part. Anything from random little messages saying something awesome about me to giant hugs the second I see them. Makes me feel loved at a time when I could easily start questioning myself.

Overall, life is alright. :)

On the road again.. down in AZ for a couple of weeks.

Leaving at an interesting time and very much missing the family. Travelling has been getting harder and harder but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Working on re-orging the US division and hiring someone to report to me. Leaving me with less time on the road.. countered of course with more meetings..

Ces la vie.. thank god I love my job.

On the road again.. down in AZ for a couple of weeks.

Leaving at an interesting time and very much missing the family. Travelling has been getting harder and harder but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Working on re-orging the US division and hiring someone to report to me. Leaving me with less time on the road.. countered of course with more meetings..

Ces la vie.. thank god I love my job.

Feeling like Fall and I'm LOVING it (except we'll get a spike into the 90s tomorrow before the temps drop again). P gave me a tutorial in using the sawzall and the chainsaw (cue the grunting man noise from "Home Time"), and I'm looking for more things to cut. Rrrarrgh.

Got the wood stove installed, cut some firewood (actually used my t-rex arms to SPLIT some firewood), and got the wood stove fired up and tested the other night. Works like a charm.

Mom is feeling better. Baby sis is coming out for the weekend, and middle sis seems to be more 'up' than 'down' in her drama.

And my cat has bad breath. Phew.

Heading down to spend time at P&M1's place south for a powwow on a night that isn't his and mine. I think it'll go fine (see blog thread for more deets if you're curious).

Trying to scrape my pennies to take the kids to Disney next year. Given the free airline ticket vouchers I suffered through a timeshare sales pitch to get, I think this may actually work out. Fingers crossed!

OMG, I so hope I get this job.

Good job (something I would love), good pay.

Oh please.

Spent Wednesday night and most of Thursday with Murf. It was nice to get some alone time.

Today Job interview for a part time position to pick up the slack in my budget. It is in my field veterinary medicine at an emergency clinic. So the hours should work with my kid schedule.

Pretty sure its over with new guy. We have tons in common, the chemistry is there but I think he's too analytical for me and I think we both have a need to be a star. I'd like to proceed but I really feel like there will be a lot of conflict. So I'm really on the fence here. It's times like this that thd Libra really shows lol

Tired in a good way. :D Had my first date with Wendigo since May this evening. It didn't exactly go as planned (they decided to deliver my nebulizer tonight and the 5:15 delivery time ended up being 6:30, so we didn't get to go to dinner until it was almost time to pick Runic Wolf up), but I am happily exhausted.

Last edited:
Let's see... last weekend, P gave me a larnin' on how to use the sawzall and the chainsaw (and I refrained from finding things to cut OTHER than the old fence poles and the fallen tree limbs... I was VERY GOOD!), we cut some firewood, and got the new wood stove going (yay!)

Yesterday, P comes home, fires off a text that I was NOT. ALLOWED. TO. EAT. because he was cooking, and I came home to "date night" (since we haven't had the time/opportunity to really go out): lobster casserole, steaks (surf -n- turf!), roasted red potatoes... just to DIE for.

And now, P's south, the kids are here and in bed, and I've discovered Elvis Costello's "Spectacle" on Netflix and am loving it.

Life is good.

We will see if my kids will still be playing football or if they get kicked off for my behavior.... there is a parent conduct paper we sign.

Long story short today at my 6yo game I watched another player throw a smaller boy to the ground over and over by his facemask. Then continue to intimidate the boy.. Not my kid btw. The kid was in tears.

No one said anything I lost it and screamed at the top of my lungs.. Over the cheerleaders and etc for the kid to knock it off. Well the kid kept his hands to himself. This is not the first time I have seen him lay a hand on another child. I can not stand a bully. I am pissed no one else said anything before today. The coaches were all on the field leaving the 6-8 yos unsupervised.

Dag, that would be stupid for them to do. If they can't keep the kids acting right with each other someone needs to step in.

I'm a bubble of excitement for my performance tonight. And realizing that next week is going to be crazy busy.

I hate youth sports organizations I really do right now.

Bad dropping yesterday and today.

I'm wondering if I tell people at work that I'm sterile, will they stop bringing up baby talk at every opportunity?

After drinking too much coffee this morning I asked my boss if I could leave early because I felt sick from coffee. It was a slow day she said yes. I let my coworker know I'm leaving early because of a stomach ache, before I even end my sentence she blurts out "Are you pregnant!?". :mad: NO. Most of my coworkers are mad for babies, but asking me if I'm pregnant or if I'm making a baby yet is rude and intrusive.

As long as you are comfortable bringing it up-I think it's perfectly reasonable to say something along the lines of "hey-it may be amusing to people in general, but for me its really hurtful to have this brought up because xyz so please resist the urge."

That said-I'm sorry you are feeling poorly AND not getting appropriate sympathy! Lame!

I am doing really well. We made a few additions to our girls holiday because my mum is meeting us there, and my MIL is now joining us as well. My baby wanted to see her grandmothers, and I saw no reason to say no. In my absence, Nanny J and DH have very sweetly offered to attend certain events on my behalf. I appreciate that.

I am preparing for our holiday and finalising spring racing carnival week attire. Fashion is serious and each day has a theme that must be followed. Nothing but bespoke pieces would suffice. This is my first one, so I am quite excited. I am not a gambler, but I am getting in to the spirit and thinking about placing bets.

All in all, things could not be better.

Disappointed in myself. I think I did something stupid and potentially hurtful.

Also wondering when the apology I was told was supposed to be coming will be here.

Back