Unicorn maybe?

Tbh I didn’t know where to put this so I’m hoping I have put it in the right place.

So as some of you know I’m new to this scene sorta well for my married anyways. So we work out a lot stuff and tbh I though this would happen a lot slower then this but it’s feeling great atm.

So we are friends with this girl who we only just met and we found out she poly and has been a unicorn in the past. So we all decided to give it a go. All three of us have spoke about what we are looking for and our boundaries and good news we are all on the same page tbh she was shocked that I was one wanting to know her boundaries and wants as in past she didn’t really get that much.

So far we have had two dates with all three which went pretty good. Only bad thing I notice is my husband has Brough up more then once she seems more into me I ask him if he ok and he said yeah this is great. But beside that they both getting on so well and seeing him smile and laugh cause of her is making me happy and so far no green eye monster.

Our next date will be the 3rd and it will just be her and me this time and tbh I’m abit lost on what to do I haven’t been on date before a relationship type date I’m also little nervous cause idk I just feel good around her which as my past post I was worry wouldn’t happen..

Any advice or idk ?

What did you do on your first 2 dates? Can you go out in public or are you being at all careful because of the pandemic?

What did you do on your first 2 dates? Can you go out in public or are you being at all careful because of the pandemic?

1st date we went to a park and chatted to each other and had something to eat.

Our 2nd we had a game night at my house.

I Was trying to do things so we can still talk and learn things about each other only reason I didn’t end up going to movies plus also it was all three of us at them. This time it will only be her and me .

I Was trying to do things so we can still talk and learn things about each other only reason I didn’t end up going to movies plus also it was all three of us at them. This time it will only be her and me .
I don't like movie dates early in a relationship for just that reason - I'd totally rather do something that means I can get inside their head more.

I don't like movie dates early in a relationship for just that reason - I'd totally rather do something that means I can get inside their head more.

Oh yeah I feel the same and since this 1st time imma be doing this whole unicorn set up. I felt talking and getting to know each other is very important.

As I have been unicorn myself in the past and I don’t want this to end up like that.

Hi Sceneskyee,

It sounds like you are doing unicorn dating the right way, the way it should be done. The girl you (as a couple) are dating seems to be surprised that you took her boundaries into account. The plan for your third date (just you and her) sounds lovely. Keep us posted!

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Update the 3rd date with just her and me went awesome we both got to know a lot about each other :)
And now onto our 4th date started off all three of us and now him and her have gone out so we shall see how that goes :)

Sounds like things are going well so far! Just let things flow naturally, don't try to force anything. So far so good!

So update
We have gone on fair few dates and going good for the most part.

But atm she has kinda been hot and cold with me and my husband at different times
And I ask her straight out if she really is into girls and she says she is but females just hard to get along with..

So I guess only time will tell...

Hopefully the hot and cold is just the ebb and flow of a normal relationship. Keep checking in with her from time to time, to make sure she's still feeling good about things, and that her needs are being met. It does sound like things are going well for the most part.

Hopefully the hot and cold is just the ebb and flow of a normal relationship. Keep checking in with her from time to time, to make sure she's still feeling good about things, and that her needs are being met. It does sound like things are going well for the most part.

Well that’s what I’m hoping
As one time she be hot with me but cold with my husband more like stand off and then sometimes it be other way around so I’m hoping just her way still having walls up as it’s early days

I did have one on one chat with her as I have told her I have start getting some feels towards her and her reply is she waiting on both of us to let her know before she tells us her feelings as she worry that one of us wouldn’t be at the step yet then bam it ends..

Plus people don't always feel the same from one day to the next, she might feel more toward you one day, then more toward him the next day. As things are in the early days, she might be feeling a bit nervous herself about whether this will last, and whether you'll both be there for her. Give it time, and remember it's possible she could end up being romantic toward one of you, and platonic toward the other. Don't insist that she be with both of you or neither of you, that would be a common unicorn hunter mistake.

Plus people don't always feel the same from one day to the next, she might feel more toward you one day, then more toward him the next day. As things are in the early days, she might be feeling a bit nervous herself about whether this will last, and whether you'll both be there for her. Give it time, and remember it's possible she could end up being romantic toward one of you, and platonic toward the other. Don't insist that she be with both of you or neither of you, that would be a common unicorn hunter mistake.

Yeah very true

Back