Update: dire advice

Momeo

Hi all!

First, thank you so much to everyone that replied. Your advice was hard to hear, but necessary. I did what I needed to and followed my instinct.

As of a few hours ago, I broke up with my partner.

If it's alright, I don't have the spoons to go into details, but the drinking, lying, and cheating didn't stop.

So I did.

It hurts, but its for the best. Doesn't make it easier, though.

Well done. Rest and grieve and heal and I'm sure many of us look forward to reading about your next, healthier chapter in life.

While I'm sorry to hear about the break up because no break up is FUN to do (even when needed and the best choice in a situation)...

I'm glad you decided to step away from the mess for your own well being.

I wish you healing and peace over time and I hope that your life gets better.

Galagirl

Last edited:
It is hard making decisions like this. You will always have a place among this group. I wish you well.

Hi Momeo,

I'm very sorry to hear about your breakup. I do think you made the right decision; like you said, the drinking, lying, and cheating were just continuing. You gave him more than a fair chance.

I hope you experience some healing in the weeks ahead.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

It will hurt, but you have to be authentic to yourself first and foremost, and that takes courage. You showed courage in stepping away and standing up for yourself. You won't feel it right now, but you looked after you. I wish you all the love and help in the world.

Back