Vacation Advice

My wife and our girlfriend have gone on a couple of vacations together and being a triad was never an issue. When you're cruising it's easy enough to add on that third person to your reservation. Our next vacation we would like to do something different, but we're not sure what we want to do. After creating a couple of lists and talking about it we've agreed on two places, a tropical all inclusive type resort or Las Vegas. I would prefer the tropical resort, but all of the couples only type resorts I can find are for couples and really don't give you an option of adding a third. Has anyone here had any experience with going on a tropical resort type vacation with a third? How about other vacations?

Thanks!

Hi JustTheThreeOfUs,

Alas, I am not an expert on vacations, and do not know of any three-person tropical packages. You would think some would exist out there, right? Maybe you can get a resort with a king size bed or a room for four, and just use it for three. Honestly, there doesn't seem to be a lot of options here. I imagine Vegas would be more forgiving about adding a third.

I hope you have a great vacation regardless.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Thanks for the fast reply. We’ve got no problem with a king bed, that’s what we usually sleep in. My concern was more about dining and resort activities. Typically with an all inclusive you’re paying for everything up front. So we’re paying for two people but three people are dining, drinking and using the resort activities.

Vegas would be much easier, and I can’t imagine what we have going on would be odd in the very least there. But I’d prefer the relaxing, just shut it off vacation.

Re:
"But I'd prefer the relaxing, just-shut-it-off vacation."

I can understand that. I wish I knew what to suggest. I suppose you could book it for four and then use it for only three. But that's an awfully significant unnecessary expense. :(

I haven't paid attention for awhile but thought some of the resorts were family friendly. If you can bring a kid why not a third adult?

Leetah

Thanks for the suggestions. We would really prefer an adults only resort since it will just be the three of us. A vacation to Disney, we'd have no problem with kids everywhere. A quiet spot on a private beach somewhere....that's an entirely different story. Haha.

It seems like two couples with two rooms is the only sure way to be safe at a couples only resort. And yeah, I can't justify paying for a room we will never use.

Thanks again for the help everyone, I appreciate it.

If there's a specific resort you have in mind, I'd give them a call... Explain your situation and see if they can give you a discount and put you all in one room. Worst they can say is no.

If there's a specific resort you have in mind, I'd give them a call... Explain your situation and see if they can give you a discount and put you all in one room. Worst they can say is no.

I thought the same thing. If I can find a resort that really grabs us I will take the chance and email them. I just figured I would ask here and see if there was this underground world of poly-friendly vacations that I might have been missing.

Thanks again

I don't know what your budget is, or if the atmosphere is for you at all, but Original Resorts is a company that has 3 resorts in Cancun called Desire that while most of the time are couples only, they do usually have 2 months out of the year where they allow a 3rd.

Fair warning, 1 of the resorts is topless and the other 2 are entirely clothing optional. Because of that, they get a pretty high amount of swinger folk. But you don't have to swing by any means. Also of note.... because of the crowd, I know that they allow triads that have more women, but I have yet to ever see a gay couple there, or triad with 2 men, etc. I'm not sure how supportive they are of that sort of thing, which is shitty. But unfortunately something fairly common that I've heard of in swinging communities.

Of course, if you don't wanna swing and all you wanna do is lay on the beach or by the pool and drink and eat great food, then it's fine. The restaurants on the resort are delicious. There's a night club there as well. When my partner and I go, we don't swing. People flirt with us but there's no pressure and we never even bother to leave the resort the entire time that we go. The place is hella expensive, but to me, worth it for the higher quality food and drinks, no kids, and clothing optional aspects. All of which are things we want in a tropical vacation.

Also of note.... because of the crowd, I know that they allow triads that have more women, but I have yet to ever see a gay couple there, or triad with 2 men, etc. I'm not sure how supportive they are of that sort of thing, which is shitty. But unfortunately something fairly common that I've heard of in swinging communities..

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I think they have a PRIDE week every year. Haven't been there though so I don't know what the resort or PRIDE week is like.

My wife and our girlfriend have gone on a couple of vacations together and being a triad was never an issue. When you're cruising it's easy enough to add on that third person to your reservation. Our next vacation we would like to do something different, but we're not sure what we want to do. After creating a couple of lists and talking about it we've agreed on two places, a tropical all inclusive type resort or Las Vegas. I would prefer the tropical resort, but all of the couples only type resorts I can find are for couples and really don't give you an option of adding a third. Has anyone here had any experience with going on a tropical resort type vacation with a third? How about other vacations?

Thanks!

Hopefully this helps!

So, our V is going on vacation as a group this summer. We're driving there, to a resort I trust and know. I basically booked everything trough email; got a quote on a room with 2 queen beds, and then said it would be 3 adults. Then booked everything else around that. We're all going to the spa together, I have a romantic dinner booked for all of us together. But I gave them no more details than that.

It is not an all inclusive tropical, and it is in Idaho. Coeur' d'Alene is a beautiful town and honestly feels pretty safe (I know they really aren't Trump supporters in the Spa and on their social media manager!). I've even seen a WLW couple walking down the street hand in hand, a smooch. No one even gave it a second glance (but me! As a bi woman I rarely if ever see that in my Canadian city!)

In the end I gave them no more details than they were privy to imo. I mean, a married mono couple could want to sleep in different beds. Unless they'd make your entire package invalid by bringing a 3rd adult along, then I don't see why they'd really need to know more than how many beds.

If you book over email, ask for if you can have 2 queen beds, if they ask why you can always counter with "Is there any reason you'd need to know?". Lots of couples have wants of privacy.

My opinion is to plan for Sacramento vacation where you enjoy adventure place & epic scenes through Riverfox train. Escape the ordinary and discover Sacramento’s newest adventure as you pedal your way down the tracks on a journey unlike any other! These pedal-powered vehicles have never been offered before in Sacramento and will take you on an unforgettable riding trip along a beautiful stretch of Yolo County. This is an awesome experience you don’t want to miss. Depart on your one-of-a-kind trip today!:)

Last edited:
My opinion is to plan for Sacramento vacation where you enjoy adventure place & epic scenes through Riverfox train. Escape the ordinary and discover Sacramento’s newest adventure as you pedal your way down the tracks on a journey unlike any other! These pedal-powered vehicles have never been offered before in Sacramento and will take you on an unforgettable riding trip along a beautiful stretch of Yolo County. This is an awesome experience you don’t want to miss. Depart on your one-of-a-kind trip today!:)

Spam necro. Just FYI.

I know this is an old thread but we vacationed in Puerto Vallarta 2 years ago. I booked vacation for 2 as our third was flying in and meeting us from a different city. Called the resort before and asked about adding a third to our room and they said i just had to pay additional all inclusive fee for her at arrival. So booked her flight separate, paid about $350 at hotel and got a room with 2 Queens. All inclusive for all 3 of us. Name of the resort was Casa Velas. Beautiful. Walking around town was great, no one Bats an eye, and had great fun!

Hi JustTheThreeOfUs,

Alas, I am not an expert on vacations, and do not know of any three-person tropical packages. You would think some would exist out there, right? Maybe you can get a resort with a king size bed or a room for four, and just use it for three. Honestly, there doesn't seem to be a lot of options here. I imagine Vegas would be more forgiving about adding a third.

I hope you have a great vacation regardless.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.
I have several friends that have just booked AirBNB houses in places like Thailand and Costa Rica. Have you considered that?

I know this is an old thread but we vacationed in Puerto Vallarta 2 years ago. I booked vacation for 2 as our third was flying in and meeting us from a different city. Called the resort before and asked about adding a third to our room and they said i just had to pay additional all inclusive fee for her at arrival. So booked her flight separate, paid about $350 at hotel and got a room with 2 Queens. All inclusive for all 3 of us. Name of the resort was Casa Velas. Beautiful. Walking around town was great, no one Bats an eye, and had great fun!

Thanks to everyone for all the advice. Sorry it took so long to update this thread. Shortly after I posted it, all hell broke loose and unfortunately nobody was traveling anywhere.

I appreciate you sharing your experience, Ellasyel. I think it really may just be that easy at most all-inclusive resorts. As long as you pay the extra resort fee, they couldn't care less what you have going on, especially nowadays.

There is a small couples-only resort that my wife and I have gone to for almost 20 years. It's one of those cheesy resorts with the champagne glass hot tubs and a pool in your room. The first few times we went with our girlfriend we just stayed in the room, because the resort is based around couples. Plus in all the years that we've been going, we have never seen a triad there.

I finally emailed them and asked about bringing a third, never mentioned polyamory or anything of that nature. I received a reply within the hour that read something along the lines of: "We are happy to accommodate our polyamorous guests. They have even more love to share!" It was a refreshing reply and it's great being able to experience the entire resort openly together now.

Ironically, the last time we were there we overheard a few people at the bar talking about seeing "triads or throuples" there. The one couple had no idea what that even meant. They saw us looking over at them and asked if we'd ever heard those terms. I told them that our wife was in the room taking a nap. My fiancé and I started to laugh and they didn't know how to react. They were really cool about it and we chatted for a while.

Anyway, thanks again for the replies and suggestions.

Hi JustTheThreeOfUs,
Thanks for that update. It sounds like you guys had a wonderful time.

Regards,
Kevin T.

Back