At the starting line

matterhorn70

After two years of introspection, yoga, therapy, reading all the books, then leaving a 25-year marriage, I'm as ready as I'm gonna be. Poly makes so much sense to me. Besides all the normal relationship skills, it seems the critical question is "Can I love this person AND share them?" I think yes, and I fully respect those who say no. I think I'll be a fish to water. It will take that first partner to walk with me over the starting line before I learn to run.

I am excited for the beginning of your journey.

Some would say, you are not sharing your partner with others, but they are sharing themselves with more than one. It's an interesting thought about self-autonomy.

Greetings matterhorn70,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

It sounds like you have done a lot of preparation in the process of getting ready to try poly. If you continue to take it one small step at a time, I think you will do fine. Glad you could join us!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back