Consensual Non-Monogamy (LGB & Heterosexual) and Relationship Satisfaction

Hello Everyone,

My name is Himaya; I am a clinical psychology doctoral student striving to break the stigma toward underserved populations such as the Lesbian, Gay, and Bi-sexual community and relationships that differ from the traditional social constructs. This community is near and dear to my heart, and my research is important to me and those that belong to these communities. I am currently working on my dissertation research project. I am posting this flyer so that individuals interested in contributing to such research can partake in my study. I hope to find the connection between willingness to engage in consensual non monogamy within the LGB and heterosexual communities and relationship satisfaction. It would be extremely helpful if you would be willing to participate in my survey, which is entirely anonymous, brief, and voluntary. Please see the below flyer, and click on the survey link if you meet the criteria. I am so grateful for your time and participation. Thank you in advance. Have a lovely rest of your day!

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING PRIOR TO TAKING SURVEY: This study measures specific topics that include the criteria below, and the questions are tailored with verbiage that considers one partner (the overall study is measuring both monogamy individuals and CNM individuals), but if you fall under any umbrella of consensual non-monogamy, please mark on the appropriate box within the survey, then please think of your overall willingness to partake in these activities the first time you were considering CNM and overall satisfaction within relationships you have felt with any partner(s).

• Are you an individual that is over the age of 18?
  • Are you an individual that identifies as a cis-gender male or female?
  • Are you an individual that identifies as heterosexual, Lesbian, Gay, or Bisexual?
  • Are you an individual that has been in a relationship in the past or currently or willing to be in one in the future?

LOOK AT FAQ ON MY PAGE FOR QUESTIONS ON THIS :)

Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SurveyHimaya

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have about the study: [email protected]

Please feel free to delete this post if moderators feel it violates group conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you seeking responses just from within the USA, or internationally? Your participant information page on page 2 of your link implies a USA only sample.

Your wording above also implies that there will be issues with confirmation bias in your analysis - that you are "looking to find the link..." rather than "discovering if there is any link...". Perhaps another chat with your academic supervisor is in order.

Also, have you excluded pansexuality and asexuality for a reason? Is it to keep the scope of your research manageable? Or were these groups overlooked?

All the best with your research, this is a notoriously difficult topic to research since there are so many different ways to practice CNM/ENM.

Question 4 asks if the participant identifies as heterosexual, lesbian, gay or bisexual, but question 12 only gives the options lesbian, gay or bisexual.

Took the survey - I didn't know how to answer some of the question, it seemed to be asking not just about me but my (current/past/future) partner's willingness - I can only really speak to my own.. Also, the questions seemed to ask two things, but only allowed one answer. Willing to A but only if B. I am willing to A but don't agree with the restriction of B - does that make my answer neutral?

Hello Himaya,

I took your survey, I found it to be pretty easy to take, it took me about twenty minutes. Question 12 (Page 2) says, "What is your sexual orientation?" giving three possible answers: lesbian, gay, and bisexual. I am heterosexual, but the question requires an answer, so I answered bisexual, which is the closest one available to my actual orientation.

Regards,
Kevin T.

Back