Covid-19

Unfortunately not available in Canada 😱

The TV news shows are the only ones providing any info.

I just read over my response three times and I don't see where I said that.

Are you Trump? ;) You can't deny something you actually said on the thread.

I said the media.

You said TV new shows. Maybe you meant "aren't the only ones."

The internet is part of the media. You think anything on the internet has passed some kind of truth test? I don't believe anything I see or read without verifying it through several sources.

Come on, I thought you were smarter than that.

You just said that the TV networks are the *only* ones providing any info. That is simply false. Are you still living in 1970 or something? I'm not watching any TV networks and I'm getting the news just fine. There's this little invention called internet that has all kinds of "info" on it. Besides, TV networks are well known for only showing news that has been approved by the government anyway. You can't seriously believe that just because they show something on the TV news, it must have passed some sort of truth-test?

All that other stuff is just defensive, reactive ranting. I don't know who Mr. Rich Guy with his Lotus and a house in India is. WTF. Chill right out. Sorry you got triggered by something that was said.

Ref, apexcone just said he has a Lotus and a second home in India.

I think there are some serious reading comprehension issues on this thread. lol :eek: :confused: :eek:

May I suggest people stop telling each other to "chill out?" That's not respectful and besides, it's pointless. You can't calm a person down by telling them to calm down.

We are all upset, and rightly so. We can acknowledge that. We can all take care of our own anxiety levels by taking deep breaths, meditating, watching comedies on TV or YouTube, going outside for a walk in the fresh air, having sex, eating nutritious food.

Let's all take care of ourselves, and our treat our friends on this board gently.

Are you Trump? ;) You can't deny something you actually said on the thread.

You said TV new shows. Maybe you meant "aren't the only ones."

Oh I said that in reference to the government vs TV, but I can see how that could be construed differently. It wasn't meant to say TV is the only media that tells the truth, or that all TV media tells the truth. My point was that the government hasn't been completely factual and the media, including TV news has been helpful in that regard.

That wasn't in the part ref quoted, but I do apologize to ref for the misunderstanding.

I work in a psych hospital and we are starting to feel the strain of this in the middle of nowhere...

I wish people wouldn’t downplay the havoc it could cause. As a human we should be caring for each other instead of pointing fingers and saying not my problem. :confused:

That wasn't in the part ref quoted, but I do apologize to ref for the misunderstanding.
Thanks for clearing that up, Vin. TV news is a product, carefully crafted to retain eyes in order to attract higher fees from advertisers. The experience of watching TV news (especially right now) is markedly more anxiety inducing than the experience of reading the exact same information on the exact same news outlet's website. If anyone is wrestling with anxiety about all of this, staying off of TV news specifically is an enormously helpful first step. We can get the same, if not better, information from a reading experience that spares us the dramatic music, frantic pacing and the scary bold red graphics.

Thanks for clearing that up, Vin. TV news is a product, carefully crafted to retain eyes in order to attract higher fees from advertisers. The experience of watching TV news (especially right now) is markedly more anxiety inducing than the experience of reading the exact same information on the exact same news outlet's website. If anyone is wrestling with anxiety about all of this, staying off of TV news specifically is an enormously helpful first step. We can get the same, if not better, information from a reading experience that spares us the dramatic music, frantic pacing and the scary bold red graphics.

True enough. That said, Erin Burnett and Anderson Cooper are reassuring and lovely eye candy. And Chris Cuomo is fierce, and his back and forth with his big brother Andrew, the governor of NYS, is cool, fun and sometimes even funny.

Andrew Cuomo and Fauci really warm my heart in these troubled times.

I catch Colbert, Seth Meyers, and John Oliver's shows on YouTube for some black humor in the midst of the mess. Any hospital worker will tell you that black humor is all that keeps you going sometimes.

You are trying to make some distinction between network TV and their internet presence. I agree the TV is more dramatic. I'm not sure ref and apex will agree there is a difference.

I've been binging the 12 Monkeys series. I watch very little TV news. Any anxiety I may get from it is due to seeing our incompetent president in action. It's comforting to me that gets pointed out, if that makes sense. Otherwise I would feel like I was in an episode of the Twilight Zone.

Ref, apexcone just said he has a Lotus and a second home in India.

I think there are some serious reading comprehension issues on this thread. lol :eek: :confused: :eek:

May I suggest people stop telling each other to "chill out?" That's not respectful and besides, it's pointless. You can't calm a person down by telling them to calm down.

We are all upset, and rightly so. We can acknowledge that. We can all take care of our own anxiety levels by taking deep breaths, meditating, watching comedies on TV or YouTube, going outside for a walk in the fresh air, having sex, eating nutritious food.

Let's all take care of ourselves, and our treat our friends on this board gently.

Thank you for clearing up what you correctly said were some reading issues. If the said person has a problem with my car & holiday home, he could always take it up with me, or alternatively do some self reflection as to why he made those comments.

Last edited:
Things here in Alberta appear to be getting worse. I had to go out this morning for some essential supplies and the town is deserted. :eek:

I feel very fortunate that the 3 of us are here in one household. My heart goes out to all those who are separated from their loved ones at this very difficult time.

Hang in there. :D

And Chris Cuomo is fierce, and his back and forth with his big brother Andrew, the governor of NYS, is cool, fun and sometimes even funny.

You're right about that and these folks are great if you can catch the good stuff. I, too, am loving all of the late night at-home shows on youtube. By no means is all TV anxiety inducing and much is more creative than ever before. But TV news in general - just no.

You're right about that and these folks are great if you can catch the good stuff. I, too, am loving all of the late night at-home shows on youtube. By no means is all TV anxiety inducing and much is more creative than ever before. But TV news in general - just no.

I'm guessing the data draw on the cable companies has gone through the roof with the masses sat at home watching TV.

Last edited:
Mr Trump appears to be doing a U turn on how serious this really is. 😱

Mr Trump appears to be doing a U turn on how serious this really is. 😱

Yesterday was the first time he showed any sign of understanding the magnitude of what is happening, but he still tried to gaslight us. I suppose his behavior is to be expected given his condition.

Aaaand Chris Cuomo of CNN, brother of the governor of NY State, has covid. He's home with his family, and has moved into his basement. I hope he doesn't get too sick, and his family doesn't come down with it. sigh...

Last edited:
Oh for crying out loud, that's really not helpful.

Keep that Fox News garbage out of here, this isn't reddit!

Back